Rochdale Ticket Sales

38 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The club have made a big effort to dissuade fans from buying tickets recently. I'm not surprised it's resulted in a lower than expected turnout for this game.

That's true. The ticket office is closed two days a week, open between 10 and 4 for two  days and 1 till 7 for one day. Hardly easy for someone working.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/25/2021 at 11:07 AM, Bobledgersheart said:

To be fair they need time to send uncollected tickets back to Rochdale, although 4 o'clock does seem a bit early to close.

Maybe the person working in the ticket office couldn't work until 7 on Friday. They were open until 7 on Thursday.

I know it isn't relevant to the Rochdale game, but I have ordered my tickets for Mansfield and it is such bloody hard work to actually collect them! I know I can pick them up at Mansfield on Saturday, but I want them in my hand before I travel and not have to faff around once I get there...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I know it isn't relevant to the Rochdale game, but I have ordered my tickets for Mansfield and it is such bloody hard work to actually collect them! I know I can pick them up at Mansfield on Saturday, but I want them in my hand before I travel and not have to faff around once I get there...

The new ticket office manager may actually have some sense and post them out if asked

Not that you should have to ask mind 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The new ticket office manager may actually have some sense and post them out if asked

Nope, was categorically told today that they won't post them out because of the new system; the same system means that I can't collect them until 24 hours after I have ordered them, but of course they are closed tomorrow. Then it's either Thursday 10-4 or Friday 10-3, none of which are any good because I won't be able to get there. I know people are going to @ me and say that I can just pick them up from Mansfield, but it's hassle I can do without as I won't be getting there until 2.50pm and will no doubt end up queuing for ages for them...

20 minutes ago, disjointed said:

This has most probably been mentioned before, but are all away games ticket only? I plan to have a day on the lash in Carlisle in a few weeks and was hoping it was pay on the day. 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2021/october/27082021-carlisle-ticket-news/

PotD is available but with a price increase 👍

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Nope, was categorically told today that they won't post them out because of the new system; the same system means that I can't collect them until 24 hours after I have ordered them, but of course they are closed tomorrow. Then it's either Thursday 10-4 or Friday 10-3, none of which are any good because I won't be able to get there. I know people are going to @ me and say that I can just pick them up from Mansfield, but it's hassle I can do without as I won't be getting there until 2.50pm and will no doubt end up queuing for ages for them...

They really are appalling 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Not sure what the crack is because not been going this year. But went to the first home game, and we just printed them at home and one of my mates was able to get his ticket on his phone. We not able to do that anymore ? Or is it an away issue? 

15 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Not sure what the crack is because not been going this year. But went to the first home game, and we just printed them at home and one of my mates was able to get his ticket on his phone. We not able to do that anymore ? Or is it an away issue? 

Away tickets are still old fashioned hard copies.

There is absolutely no excuse for not posting we have been doing it for years at the cost of a quid as long as ordered by the Wednesday before the game, they are just absolutely clueless at customer relations and running a business

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Not sure if it's been the case for every away game, this is the first time I have ordered them like this (mate queued for Bradford and Rochdale, paid on the day at Bristol) and it will probably be the last. I just don't understand why they make it so difficult for the fans who actually want to go to the games to pick up a bloody ticket...

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

There is absolutely no excuse for not posting we have been doing it for years at the cost of a quid as long as ordered by the Wednesday before the game, they are just absolutely clueless at customer relations and running a business

This.

The level of customer service is fucking appalling.

It's only a small issue but it's an example of the death by a thousand cuts that is taking place and the rotten approach filtering down from the top.

5 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Dangerous idea that, @Chaddyexile84. It's the kind of thing a well-run, customer and fan-oriented club would do. We don't need that kind of forward thinking talk.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

That's more like it! 

Totally agree with the last few comments on this. Getting tickets for an away game should be difficult - which if you work/have school or college/childcare - it currently is. 

Latics get it sorted not rocket science to get them posted out. 

I think the problem is that they were previously able to print your name and address on the ticket and put it into a envelope with the address showing in the envelope window. They don't seem to be able to do that now. When you pick tickets up, your name and post code are hand written on the envelope. This was probably one of the reasons Billy advised against this system, as it isn't really up to EFL clubs needs.

7 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I think the problem is that they were previously able to print your name and address on the ticket and put it into a envelope with the address showing in the envelope window. They don't seem to be able to do that now. When you pick tickets up, your name and post code are hand written on the envelope. This was probably one of the reasons Billy advised against this system, as it isn't really up to EFL clubs needs.

Well they should crack on handwriting 

their shit system isn’t the fault of the fans 

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

I think the problem is that they were previously able to print your name and address on the ticket and put it into a envelope with the address showing in the envelope window. 

We should hire back the rocket scientist who managed to figure out how to do that.

You'll be telling me they've run out of ribbon for their dot matrix printer next.

Archived