MATCH: vs Stevenage (H) 16/10/21

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to attack them early and try and get a goal.

When did we last score in the first half? No more energy and more work rate needed. We are far to passive going through the motions for most matches. 

The defense has improved a little now we need someone to find their shooting boots. 

0-1 away win anyone? 

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Sorry, if we lose this Curle needs to go! - I wouldn't want him sacked personally but I wouldn't be arguing the case for keeping him either.  

He’s only part of the problem but IMO a ‘big’ part. - he's definitely a significant part.

Surely, even Benachour couldn’t do any worse!! - based on the last four years I completely disagree.

14 hours ago, Bender said:

Screenshot 2021-10-14 070901.png

Referee: REBECCA WELCH

Bobby Madley has apparently replaced Rebecca Welch. So we’ve gone from a trendsetter to a bloke who was suspended for his comments about a disabled man.

Abdallah / Corney / Blitz is still 4th official. 

I am prepared to give Curle a little more time…and it’s to do with the injured players yet to return.

There are still three who would significantly improve the starting eleven - namely Hart, Hopcutt and Cisse.

However… as we don’t get any updates on how the missing are progressing (other than a general comment that players are returning) we are none the wiser as to when they are expected back.

The next three games are against similar level opposition and as such are hugely winnable. Let’s hope that at least two of the injured are back very soon 😮

The end of the month Keith that’s the absolute deadline…

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I am prepared to give Curle a little more time…and it’s to do with the injured players yet to return.

There are still three who would significantly improve the starting eleven - namely Hart, Hopcutt and Cisse.

However… as we don’t get any updates on how the missing are progressing (other than a general comment that players are returning) we are none the wiser as to when they are expected back.

The next three games are against similar level opposition and as such are hugely winnable. Let’s hope that at least two of the injured are back very soon 😮

The end of the month Keith that’s the absolute deadline…

TBH, don’t think we’ve really seen enough of them to judge their merits!

21 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Cisse is just another Fane

To me Cisse isn't as good as Fane. Passing is simelar but he's no where near as physical or strong in the tackle. I'd take Fane over Cisse at this point. 

Hope there is more to come from him. 

It’s a big game for curle and the team in general.  Curle needs to bring a more attacking game to the table and find a way for us to get plenty of people in the box as we need to start scoring goals. He needs points from the next 3 as well.

not going to predict a result but hoping for 2 goals today from us 

2 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

To me Cisse isn't as good as Fane. Passing is simelar but he's no where near as physical or strong in the tackle. I'd take Fane over Cisse at this point. 

Hope there is more to come from him. 

Fane was the worst professional footballer I have ever seen. He could not pass a football! Cisse is comfortably better alround, has a better cv, although do admit fane was useful for just tackling. Anyway for me he wouldn’t even make our bench this season so glad he’s not with us. Cisse will hopefully help whelan or Bowden play further forward which we need 

Archived