MATCH: vs Stevenage (H) 16/10/21

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

About 20 Twitter accounts wouldn’t mind it but I think they’re all the same person 

Incredible but has to be someone with way too much time on their hands and probably not much between the ears. Twitter is poisonous in the wrong hands, which is all too common.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wardie said:

I would say anybody who is disappointed with a win is not truly a Latics fan. Negative emotions of frustration and anger are probably easier and quicker to be expressed and knee-jerk reactions, to me, seem to be the norm on most social media sites. Add to that, the many kicks in the teeth which Latics supporters have had to endure and I think quietly relishing a win is not a bad thing.

I didn't see the game and therefore in no position to even comment on how the players performed but I did feel beforehand that the Latics would win. I was out at work and trying to keep an eye on the scores with my phone. It was great to see the 2-0 score line but I half expected the score to be 2-1 the next time I checked in. It wasn't, it was 3-0 and I went about my work in a much more relaxed state of mind.

I hope the players take can heart from the result and move forward. No matter how they come, wins and clean sheets breed confidence, it's up to Curle to instil the belief in the team that they can keep on doing it.

When I checked the score it was just relief we had won a game. 

I think one of reasons it’s so quiet is all the hope for success has gone. We’re just limping along on life support, praying we can do just enough to survive. Our situation is depressing, and who wants to spend their weekend talking about it? 

Apart from me of course. 😂😂

4 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Piergianni now has five bookings after the “over zealous “ yellow card for supposed time wasting yesterday. Is it six for a suspension?

No it’s 5 and I think it will mean he misses Tues.

will be a test for new found confidence of defence.

Just hope he doesn’t bring Jameson or Diarra in.

1 hour ago, losesome said:

No it’s 5 and I think it will mean he misses Tues.

will be a test for new found confidence of defence.

Just hope he doesn’t bring Jameson or Diarra in.

He could play a flat back 4 of Fage Mcgahey Clarke and Coeto, but will probably keep his 3 centre backs with Diarra or Jamieson in.

On 10/16/2021 at 5:41 PM, GKing521 said:

Beating sides like Stevenage by three clear goals should be the bare minimum. Pleased to see we achieved that today. Walsall and Carlisle up next who are seriously dog shit. 

Will we be able to finally string a run together? Doubtful. Will enjoy these three points for 72 hours

Sigh...

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived