MATCH: vs Stevenage (H) 16/10/21

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

I'm sure I read, or heard, that the off-field issues at Boundary Park were being covered by BBC's Football Focus. Does@BPAS @adamoafcor anyone know when it will be shown. Today, next week?  

Not mentioned in the synopsis here, but you never know:

Alex Scott is joined by Nedum Onuoha and Martin Keown to look ahead to a busy weekend of action. Brentford goalkeeper David Raya chats to Kelly Somers ahead of the west London derby against Chelsea, Aston Villa and Wolves captains Tyrone Mings and Conor Coady talk to Dion Dublin ahead of their meeting in the Midlands derby, and Mark Clemmit visits a resurgent Coventry City to talk to manager Mark Robins.

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

I'm sure I read, or heard, that the off-field issues at Boundary Park were being covered by BBC's Football Focus. Does@BPAS @adamoafcor anyone know when it will be shown. Today, next week?  

Sorry for the delay in the reply! Yes it was on at 12:40 I will try and get a copy from the BBC to show supporters who couldn’t see it. It was a brilliant piece. I just hope the country saw what passion there is within the fan base for some stability. 

21 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Sorry for the delay in the reply! Yes it was on at 12:40 I will try and get a copy from the BBC to show supporters who couldn’t see it. It was a brilliant piece. I just hope the country saw what passion there is within the fan base for some stability. 

It was a good piece with the usual club statement stating that AL has put £5m of his own personal wealth into the club and taken nothing out. Of course not mentioning the money he wasted paying silly money to Menig and others on 4 and 5k pw. for two seasons. Another bit of fortune in that Nedum Onuoha was one of the pundits. He went to school in Oldham with many Latics fans and was able to say how passionate the fans are.

First 20 mins we were playing great stuff possibly the best we've played this season after that Stevenage have worked their way back in to the game and had few near misses.. DKD taken both his goals well, Bahamboula causing havoc, Couto Clarke and Whelan all playing well.

Very pleased coming in at Half Time 2.0 up as I'm sure the rest of you are..

Fingers crossed for the second half 🤞🏻

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

It was a good piece with the usual club statement stating that AL has put £5m of his own personal wealth into the club and taken nothing out. Of course not mentioning the money he wasted paying silly money to Menig and others on 4 and 5k pw. for two seasons. Another bit of fortune in that Nedum Onuoha was one of the pundits. He went to school in Oldham with many Latics fans and was able to say how passionate the fans are.

A very good result today and going off the stats alone, Stevenage are probably wondering how they lost. I thought the report on Latics was a good piece of work from the fans who featured but I was slightly miffed that the BBC effectively gave the clowns the last word with the placing of the statement at the end there. No one who watched, without any direct interest, will have even given it a second thought. Still, if it gave the clowns even a few seconds of discomfort, then it was worth it.

Archived