MATCH: vs Rochdale (H) 29/01/22

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0-0 FT

Frustrating but can't really argue after failing to get a shot on target.

The performance was an improvement over recent weeks, it was great to see us finally running, breaking forward on the counter, and getting tackles in after a season where we have looked lethargic.

Missilou is an improvement in midfield and put a real shift in as you'd expect - should have been MotM.  Hart played well and Piergianni made some important clearances.

We desperately, desperately need a striker though.  I can see us picking up points with goals on the counter attack if we can bring somebody in, but Keillor-Dunn and Hopcutt aren't going to fill that role.

Whelan was also awful today.  I haven't been convinced by the plaudits he was getting earlier this season, and today was as bad a game as he's ever had.  Hopefully Shez can start teaching him a thing or two.

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

That hope has soon eroded for me. Shocking that. I won’t be giving my hard earned over in a hurry. We are 💯 a non league club next year 

not really sure what you were expecting? Shez has been here a few days and this was his first chance to have a look at the team in action. By all accounts the players battled more and we got a point….we clearly need something else up front and presumably Shez will try and fix that on Monday

We are in the fight of our lives…Shez’ mini league idea is brilliant, forget everyone else, it’s 2 from 5 and today we moved up one place and gained ground on 2 others 

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

not really sure what you were expecting? Shez has been here a few days and this was his first chance to have a look at the team in action. By all accounts the players battled more and we got a point….we clearly need something else up front and presumably Shez will try and fix that on Monday

We are in the fight of our lives…Shez’ mini league idea is brilliant, forget everyone else, it’s 2 from 5 and today we moved up one place and gained ground on 2 others 

I was expecting  a bit more fight,passion and desire. Right at the end we had a maximum of 2 players in the box. I’m not blaming Shez in the slightest. The players are shit and don’t give a fuck. Even TWO decent strikers wont  fix it. 

Archived