Bristol Rovers

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

i guess we are hoping Scunthorpe win tomorrow

Why would we want to give anyone in contention for relegation 3pts?

A Scunthorpe win would put them on level terms with us, if we lose. I would prefer a draw. I wouldn’t like to see either of them getting a boost to their survival chances. 

They’re two important football matches tomorrow 🤞🙏 as usual. 

5 hours ago, OldhamAthlete said:

Ryan Loft didn't feature at the weekend for Rovers. Here's hoping we handle him better this time if he does.

He's out for 2 weeks, they also have a problem at left back with 2 out injured.

1 hour ago, mikeroyboy said:

A Scunthorpe win would put them on level terms with us, if we lose. I would prefer a draw. I wouldn’t like to see either of them getting a boost to their survival chances. 

We have to finish above two. Most important thing is us winning though 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Dale and Salford were called off on Saturday due to waterlogged pitches. Rained quite a lot since and will do most of today. Hopefully this is not a problem… 

Rain, it's not doing enough to wet yer cap lad! Well, well, well, I get back from my hols to find Shez back in in a job , when I was told he was disillusioned with football and wanted to re-locate his family to Spain, although that might still be on. I now hear that because of his affinity with Oldham and the fans, that he has some unfinished work to do and a nice little earner if he keeps us in the league, good luck. I also see that the 'Missile' is back, about time we had some bite in midfield and that we have lost one, drawn one and won one, things are on the up, the glass is never half empty lads, well, not in our house!

2 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Rain, it's not doing enough to wet yer cap lad! Well, well, well, I get back from my hols to find Shez back in in a job , when I was told he was disillusioned with football and wanted to re-locate his family to Spain, although that might still be on. I now hear that because of his affinity with Oldham and the fans, that he has some unfinished work to do and a nice little earner if he keeps us in the league, good luck. I also see that the 'Missile' is back, about time we had some bite in midfield and that we have lost one, drawn one and won one, things are on the up, the glass is never half empty lads, well, not in our house!

Bloody hell, the holiday has done you good! 👍

18 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

i guess we are hoping Scunthorpe win tomorrow

Mad how people don't get this isn't it.

Once my team was second in the league on goal difference having played a game more than 1st and 3rd.

Obviously, because Voodoo, the game in hand for 1st and 3rd was against each other with 3rd three points behind us and with better goal difference but we needed to play them again at home.

People were like 'We need them to draw.'

Happened in the prem aswell about 17 years ago.

So you explain it and usually about half get that Eureka wide eyed thank you moment, whilst one or two need to go have a bitch with each other and talk about how Monty chats shit and is a mental cunt and should be on the bench and is shit and old*😂😂

*All true.

FWIW they drew the match and we eventually finished 2nd on goal difference, we also lost the cup final on penalties to the same team. Only two people were big enuf to bring it up and acknowlege at a later date.

Which is life l suppose. Well, at least mine anyway 😞.

16 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Because we need to 3rd bottom. If we can't stay ahead of Scunny, we are likely to be doomed anyway. 

Archived