MATCH: vs Swindon Town (A) 12/03/22

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Stupid tackle to give away the free kick for their goal.  

Wouldn't be so bad if he brought something to the team, but he offers nothing at all whilst being a liability.

There's a head-in-hands moment every game. Missed chances, simple passes misplaced...I wish there was some honesty as to why Vaughan (and Cuto) don't play. I don't buy the "he's shouldn't be in a relegation scrap" line. If he's good enough, he should be there regardless of his age. 

On 3/13/2022 at 2:55 AM, kowenicki said:

Bizarre.

I could understand that statement if it wasn’t made today.

Run himself in to the ground today. I suspect he’s covered more ground than any other player. 

I said quite possibly. Bizarre or not.

The Bamboozler has been largely ineffective in his covering more ground than any other player and jumps lower than his height

This may well be my impending divorce talking, but I am over not being able to voice an opinion.

As of today, I am imposing a self-forum-ban.

We will not go down. Still Stevenage and Scunny.

Good luck everyone and be nice to each other.

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Fat lady hasn’t sung yet 

The games in hand are huge 

Of course but they are now looking a lot less likely than a few weeks ago. A downturn in form, injuries and suspensions is a crippling set of circumstances and the players waiting to step in are not exactly confidence inspiring. What the fuck has Vaughan got to do to get on because persisting with Stobbs appears to have been quite costly?

Yet again the ref was out of his depth but let's not let that get in the way of what was effectively a Curle/Selim performance, absolute travesty that Vaughan isn't being used as our pass accuracy in the 1st half alone was only 50%, now that is embarrassing from footballers who have themselves down as professionals. Seasons not over but the last two performances have been a massive worry with some tough games to come, Stobbs needs to fuck off the useless cunt, won a raffle to get a contract with us and wouldn't catch for any team in the National League.

2 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Awful from Stobbs ….. again!! But really poor from Hart as well. Misjudged the flight of the cross, got underneath it, allowing the Swindon player a free header. 😡

Hart does it all the time, usually when it's pinged down his side. Dives forward then realises it's over his head. Everyone gave him motm for it....

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Of course but they are now looking a lot less likely than a few weeks ago. A downturn in form, injuries and suspensions is a crippling set of circumstances and the players waiting to step in are not exactly confidence inspiring. What the fuck has Vaughan got to do to get on because persisting with Stobbs appears to have been quite costly?

I may need my head feeling but I’m still no where near as concerned as I was a few weeks ago.

The points you make are valid and the thought of Fage and Jamieson being in defence next week gives me palpitations but I still think we can get over the line

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

There's a head-in-hands moment every game. Missed chances, simple passes misplaced...I wish there was some honesty as to why Vaughan (and Cuto) don't play. I don't buy the "he's shouldn't be in a relegation scrap" line. If he's good enough, he should be there regardless of his age. 

Has Sheridan stated his reason why Vaughan and Couto are not getting any time on the pitch?

Just now, JoeP said:

You can put up with a head in hands moment from a player if they produce something, but we lose the ball every time it goes to him.  Today, all he had to do was track his man and let the cross bounce off him, but he just doesn't have the football brain.

Vaughan should be getting game time anyway given Whelan's poor form, but Couto, Fage Hopcutt and Hunt all have a better case for playing than Stobbs.

1 minute ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Vaughan should be getting game time anyway given Whelan's poor form, but Couto, Fage Hopcutt and Hunt all have a better case for playing than Stobbs.

Well, unless Sheridan is blind, he won't even let Stobbs on the bench but we all know that isn't going to be the case. Gaining a point would have been precious today.

Devastating at the death again. Stobbs been on about 10 mins in 2 games and involved in the goals. Cant carry him for even a few mins. Whelan also poor. Worked hard looked ok. Only saving grace is if they are 7th then we can beat teams up there just like Carlisle have shown. Still time but that’s 2 big points lost. It’s Stevenage and barrow now we need to go on huge losing streaks and we need to get ourselves up to a point per game ratio as a min 

3 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Devastating at the death again. Stobbs been on about 10 mins in 2 games and involved in the goals. Cant carry him for even a few mins. Whelan also poor. Worked hard looked ok. Only saving grace is if they are 7th then we can beat teams up there just like Carlisle have shown. Still time but that’s 2 big points lost. It’s Stevenage and barrow now we need to go on huge losing streaks and we need to get ourselves up to a point per game ratio as a min 

Barrow and Leyton Orient have clawed-out draws recently, while Latics Stobbs has managed to turn two draws into defeats. 

People on Twatterama linking the reappearance of the interfering clown with the downturn. Can't see Sheridan taking any shit from him but maybe the bad smell he creates has an effect on morale. Or I am just clutching at straws.

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Don’t understand the Whelan hate at all. Would be even more fucked without him. 

It's easy to pick out and criticise individuals, like I have with Stobbs but if we are honest we have to blame the whole team for the two recent losses.

22 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Has Sheridan stated his reason why Vaughan and Couto are not getting any time on the pitch?

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/latics/19946878.sheridan-aims-give-oldham-athletics-young-players-chance/

Don't know if there's a line anywhere that states it directly (thought someone said he'd said it on here, maybe..), but he doesn't seem keen here...

30 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I may need my head feeling but I’m still no where near as concerned as I was a few weeks ago.

The points you make are valid and the thought of Fage and Jamieson being in defence next week gives me palpitations but I still think we can get over the line

Think we will see Hart at centre back and Couto left back.

53 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bizarre.

I could understand that statement if it wasn’t made today.

Run himself in to the ground today. I suspect he’s covered more ground than any other player. 

Where you watchin the same game? Bahamboula needs dropping. For all his flicks and skills, he did nothin with it. And off the ball he jus walked around whilst everyone else busted a gut. 

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/latics/19946878.sheridan-aims-give-oldham-athletics-young-players-chance/

Don't know if there's a line anywhere that states it directly (thought someone said he'd said it on here, maybe..), but he doesn't seem keen here...

"I'd love to give a couple of the young players a start, I just think it's a difficult scenario," Sheridan explained.

It's not such a difficult scenario anymore, Stobbs has shown that and the position is now a little different than two weeks ago. I think Sheridan needs to take the chance with Couto and Vaughan, sooner rather than later.

Archived