MATCH: vs Leyton Orient (H) 29/03/22

1 minute ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It reminded me of this match at home to Huddersfield in 2010. Welcoming an already confident side after a recent upsurge with a high pressing performance that they couldn't live with. 

2 points off the League 1 play-offs with a game in hand. What on earth went wrong in the second half of that season. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The one obvious caveat to a tremendous performance. One own goal and a gift. Their keeper didn't make a save that I couldn't have made. No great shock so if Luamba is fit and comes back who is left out? 

That's a fair point. 39 goals in 39 games tells its own story. But Shez kept us up on two previous occasions without free scoring performances, let's just hope we can somehow edge over the line.

Ref probably had the best view in the house, no doubt Hart was looking for it but there lad nearly fell for it, for me ref got it right as it was one of them a player is trying to initiate not a genuine foul. We've had some dire refereeing decisions go against us recently but that wasn't one of them.

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The one obvious caveat to a tremendous performance. One own goal and a gift. Their keeper didn't make a save that I couldn't have made. No great shock so if Luamba is fit and comes back who is left out? 

Stobbs, who came off with an injury?

4 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Exactly - at this stage of the season I'd rather we were robbed of penalties than risk missing one, we know how that turns out! 🤣

He was right on top of that penalty claim and actually think he was right.

4 hours ago, Careca9 said:

absolutely. For the first time this lot kept a team pinned in and out some real pressure on. Keeper made a good save with feet and had one right at him. Another day they both could go in. 
be hard to keep that up sat but that sort of performance will get points off anyone in this league. Sutton has slotted in nicely and hart is a big player for us. Get Luamba on bench, keep baha on bench in case we need something special later on. Still got some hope they can do it! 

Dont think Shez trusts Bahamboula anymore after often losing possession in key areas and not concentrating on throw ins.

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Dont think Shez trusts Bahamboula anymore after often losing possession in key areas and not concentrating on throw ins.

Last 25 minutes as a sub if we are losing.  Great shame that so much talent can't find a way

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Never thought I'd ever be saying it but he's a luxury we can ill afford in a relegation scrap.

From hero to zero and it definitely shows.

54 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not only that, after looking like our main attacking threat at the start of the season - he now hasn’t scored for 25 games. And the only recent assist I can remember was Newport (a). His lack of contribution in all areas isn’t good enough.

57 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Not only that, after looking like our main attacking threat at the start of the season - he now hasn’t scored for 25 games. And the only recent assist I can remember was Newport (a). His lack of contribution in all areas isn’t good enough.

Shame but true. Great effort from all the players last night, keep him on the bench for now.

Work-rate and tempo got to stay high

Keep the Faith .

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I’m glad as well. They couldn’t have closed down and ran Orient into ground with baha playing as he doesn’t pull his weight. One not working ruins it all. He should be benched from now on only to surface if we are behind and need some magic 

9 hours ago, underdog said:

Did L/O field a team of basket ball players, they were massive in stature and I feared the worst.

Ye gods the relief when that second goal went in. I don't mind admitting I shed a few tears. Mate of mind thought his stent had burst with the shear adrenaline rush.

Everyone put a shift in, that includes us on the terraces too. Loud and proud.

That second goal will be put in my latics box of memories to be played when I only have one marble rolling around left.

Can we do it for the remainder of the season? I don't know if my nails and heart can take it..

Latics should come with a health warning, roll on Saturday

The biggest in stature Latics team I have seen was with Dowie as manager. I remember Wadsworth bringing Hudds to BP and saying it was like "the land of the giants". I think that game was when the scoreboard put Latics 1-0 by mistake in the first minute then a minute later, it was 1-0. Clyde Wijnhard, IIRC.

11 hours ago, Wardie said:

The biggest in stature Latics team I have seen was with Dowie as manager. I remember Wadsworth bringing Hudds to BP and saying it was like "the land of the giants". I think that game was when the scoreboard put Latics 1-0 by mistake in the first minute then a minute later, it was 1-0. Clyde Wijnhard, IIRC.

Was that the game when Clyde scored a hat trick? Pity we didn't see more of him

On 3/31/2022 at 8:55 AM, petera1 said:

I can't remember if he did or not. Clyde was a beast of a striker, just imagine what he would do in League Two!
I remember Corazzin scoring five was it?

On 3/31/2022 at 8:55 AM, petera1 said:

He scored 2 I think.  Lourenco scored an over head kick I think for the 4th goal. 

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived