MATCH: vs Leyton Orient (H) 29/03/22

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

According to twitter fat useless failure at everything he's ever done in his life Barry Owen and the other fat useless failure Mohamed Lemsagam are in the Directors box.

Hopefully we see this out. 

I'm not there tonight but I hope to god those around  the box give them both hell

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant from 1 to 11. 

Hart and Adams brilliant. 

Stobbs had a good first half. 

Work rate from them all was fantastic. We didnt create loads but deserved to be in front at half time.. Huge save from Rodgers who was his usual reliable self.

We struggled after the break that lack of a target man not helping the cause but they fought for everything. 

Vaughan struggled to get involved but nice composure and pass for Whealan who ran himself into the ground.. 

Hope we are fully fit for weekend. 

Great atmosphere tonight.. Leyton Orient played some nice football but with not much end product..but take nothing away from us we worked really hard and got what we deserved. 

10 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Somebody will find a way but every single player is beyond criticism for that. 

That was a superb team performance and every single player worked hard and remained switched on for 95 minutes…

All deserve huge credit - but the top performers were:

Stobbs  - his best game until forced off through injury.

Adams - was immense and his energy belied his thirty-five years.

Hart - worked tirelessly down the flank

Clarke - quietly effective all game.

Missilou - was a constant nuisance in the middle of the park.

Whelan - constantly involved in the middle and still had the energy to race clear for the second goal.

Hope -  put in a huge shift closing down and holding the ball up.

Rogers - dealt well with everything that came his way.

For once we continued in the second half where we left off in the first.

Pivotal save from Rogers, stonewall penalty not given for the foul on Hart.

Proud of ‘em all tonight 👍

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Is BP’s phone broke?

Anyway… Orient were “outmuscled” tonight!  We pressed and bullied them all night. 

Yes I'll give them credit, they all got stuck in tonight.

Right if Barry and Mo were in the directors' box then I didn't see them. I don't think @BP1960did either, and there aren't many with a better view of the directors' box than him. I was told they may have been in the press box, but I didn't see them there at the end of the game either.

Lots of effort tonight - Adams, Hope and Hart all excellent. Hope chasing back almost the length of the pitch to put in a quality challenge on the edge of our box with about 5  minutes of normal time left, sums up his workrate tonight. He was also coaching Harry Vaughan through bits of the game as Vaughan was playing out of position as a sort of false 9.

No one anything less than a 7 out of 10 and quite a few 9s out of 10.

Stevenage may complain about Wellens' team, against his former club who are managed by one of his mentors, but I think a few of their changes could easily be because their players were a bit knackered. The subs, who were presumably some of the players who made way, didn't change the game much.

Put that effort in for the remaining 7 games and we should stay up. 

We may not always have the quality when it counts but they all gave their all from start to finish (including injury time!). Hope they have a good rest because we’ll need the same again on Saturday. 

Stay as committed and hard working as that for the rest of the season and we’ll have a chance. 

Archived