Lowest point in 44 years....☹️

My first ever game at Boundary Park was 44 years ago in an Anglo Scottish cup QF against Morton I think.

3 0 down from the first leg my dad took me aged 8 to "watch the Latics" and we won 4 0 to go through 4 3 on aggregate.....I was hooked.

We've had numberous lows over those years, including 3 relegations, administration, riots at home games (Weds and City spring to mind) Play-off and Wembley heartache, dodgy owners arrested, and some dubious signings to name but a few.

But we've always had our club, and had hope....keeping the faith that things would get better.

I am also lucky enough to have witnessed unbelievable highs including

Winning the old Second Division with the last kick, those epic semi finals against Man Utd, some amazing FA Cup wins, and seeing 2 amazing managers in Frizzell and Big Joe give us hope and success.

But now my faith is waining.

I have little hope we will get out of this pissboil of a mess we are in anytime soon.

I have little hope AL will fuck off in time to give us a chance to rebuild our beloved club.

And I have little hope that we will even have a club in its current format in 12 months time.

I'm going to FGR on Monday expecting nothing but a hiding. This in itself is sad enough given where FGR were when we were in the FA Cup semis on a sunny Saturday and flying in the pinch me days.

I just feel anger, resentment, and a numbness that it has been allowed to get to this point.

44 years and counting.....hope it gets to 45 and some.

KTF.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

I have little hope AL will fuck off in time to give us a chance to rebuild our beloved club.

And I have little hope that we will even have a club in its current format in 12 months time.

I'm going to FGR on Monday expecting nothing but a hiding. This in itself is sad enough given where FGR were when we were in the FA Cup semis on a sunny Saturday and flying in the pinch me days.

I just feel anger, resentment, and a numbness that it has been allowed to get to this point.

Our relegation into the National Conference isn't really a surprise since we dropped into the bottom tier in 2018

Recent so called 'Custodians'  Blitz, Gazal and the Lemsagam brothers have failed miserably in safeguarding not just our football league status but our very existence

The return of Shez gave us hope with over 6000 supporters turning out to welcome him home and reignited our enthusiasm but the years of poor recruitment and lack of investment in the  playing squad has finally taken its toll

My gravest concern is not playing in the National Conference, more that after over a decade of waiting for a good owner, despite all the gossip, none have appeared

Just maybe, we are mirroring the decline of the town which fairly regularly is cited as one of the poorest towns in the country, sat in the shadows of one of the most prosperous cities in the country with two of the richest clubs in the World

Doesn't help how shit we all feel mind

Sad sad times at BP, we’ve had exactly the same experiences as you started by Kennedy and it’s took us 18 years to recover. When you lose league games to Vauxhall Motors, Colwyn Bay , Oxford City and plenty more of the same ilk it sickens and angers you, there is nothing you can do till these owners have gone, only then can you start the long road back.It will be a long and sad period but it will galvanise you.I wish you all the luck going in getting your owners out.

7 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Sad sad times at BP, we’ve had exactly the same experiences as you started by Kennedy and it’s took us 18 years to recover. When you lose league games to Vauxhall Motors, Colwyn Bay , Oxford City and plenty more of the same ilk it sickens and angers you, there is nothing you can do till these owners have gone, only then can you start the long road back.It will be a long and sad period but it will galvanise you.I wish you all the luck going in getting your owners out.

I didn't realise how well you guys were doing till I checked the table yesterday

I briefly thought "it'll be nice to play Stockport again next year"

Then I remembered exactly why I was looking at that table in the first place 

Hopefully a league game next year, would be nice to meet Crewe who took great delight at Gresty Road sending us down with their  flags and going down songs…. always remember thinking ‘ you heartless bastards’. You always see clubs in a different light as you hit bad times.

10 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Hopefully a league game next year, would be nice to meet Crewe who took great delight at Gresty Road sending us down with their  flags and going down songs…. always remember thinking ‘ you heartless bastards’. You always see clubs in a different light as you hit bad times.

Good luck next season.County fans deserve it.I was looking forwards to seeing you guys  in the Armoury.It shouldn't  have come to this but maybe Jim and Sean we can somehow bounce back sooner than later.

18 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Enjoy the good times again. You deserve it. 

39 minutes ago, SCFC said:

I've no doubt we are going to get similar at Prenton Park in a couple of weeks...

1 hour ago, SCFC said:

It maybe the same for us when we go to Tranmere and there is no love lost between us with them over the years.Just hope our fans dont react.I first started supporting Latics in 1970 and thank god have seen the good times as well as the bad.I feel sorry for our Athleticos who have had nothing to shout about but still support home and away in numbers.

I’m reading this and weirdly Dolly Parton is singing “I will always love you” in the background………she’s right, whatever division we are in I will always love Latics 

KTF never felt more appropriate…see you all at FGR on Monday and see you all in Maidenhead later this year 😔

The fear for me is that if we do go down, will we survive?

A large asking price, don't own the stadium, EFL loan hanging around, disgusting owners, not very good team who most I suspect would leave anyway.

Would Blitz cut his losses for the good of the club and give the club the honour of owning its own stadium ? 

Would the current owners, if a buyer isn't sold, keep the club fully pro to have a real stab at first time promotion?

Would the current owners run down the playing costs even further if we drop, so we are only able to attract players worse than what we have currently?

And on and on, if we went down with owners who gave a toss, owned the whole stadium, were not bogged down with multiple issues of which I have never heard of clubs in similar circumstances having, I would have a bit of hope for a bounce back but I really do see the club not existing ( hope I am wrong )

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't blame them. I'd be doing exactly the same if Tranmere got relegated at Boundary Park...

Tranmere have been in non league and bounced back.

With a new ownership so can we.

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

BP will seem like Wembley to some of those teams in the National league, let's hope we avoid giving them the privilege.

Not sure about that. There are several better (or at least as good) grounds in the national league. Stockport, Chesterfield, Halifax, Wrexham, notts county.

oh and for anyone who thinks we would be big shits. The present top 6 highest average attendances all top 5,500 this season. Granted at least one of those teams will go up but our average gate will be around 6th highest in the league next season

We will either go kaput in the National League or sink into a mediocre mid table. We are nothing special in that league. Most other NL sides are better run and better funded - Boundary Park is nothing special and there will  not be anything there  to worry opposition clubs.

24 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Not sure about that. There are several better (or at least as good) grounds in the national league. Stockport, Chesterfield, Halifax, Wrexham, notts county.

oh and for anyone who thinks we would be big shits. The present top 6 highest average attendances all top 5,500 this season. Granted at least one of those teams will go up but our average gate will be around 6th highest in the league next season

Although if we're in the top six and the owners are gone we will absolutely eclipse this season's home attendances.

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Although if we're in the top six and the owners are gone we will absolutely eclipse this season's home attendances.

Intrigued to know your thoughts on given the above circumstances what our average home crowd average would be, excluding away supporters

24 minutes ago, Andy b said:

We have been in the bottom 4 since the turn of the year yet have averaged over 5600 since Shez returned…if we are under new ownership and up near the top of the division I have no doubt  we will average 5 or 6 thousand. 
It is 30 years since this club & supporters had even a smell of success, I think you are grossly underestimating our fan base!

15 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We have been in the bottom 4 since the turn of the year yet have averaged over 5600 since Shez returned…if we are under new ownership and up near the top of the division I have no doubt  we will average 5 or 6 thousand. 
It is 30 years since this club & supporters had even a smell of success, I think you are grossly underestimating our fan base!

I’d be amazed if we averaged 5500 next season. Even if the circumstances were right. Shez effect dropped off. 4k home fans there against Leyton orient the other night

I was at the Stockport v Southend game last week. 7800 fans and it was good to experience a happy set of fans. Prob only 300 from Southend.

So do we really think Stockport are bigger potentially then us now?

10 minutes ago, Andy b said:

I’d be amazed if we averaged 5500 next season. Even if the circumstances were right. Shez effect dropped off. 4k home fans there against Leyton orient the other night

Archived