EFL retained lists

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Is this the most pointless thread in the history of this board??

Absolutely none of the players on any of these lists will come anywhere near to a National League basket case 

How do you know that then, you do know we've been shit for over 10 years, haven't finished above 14th for over a decade and have been run by absolute fuck wits yet still managed to put a team out on a Saturday, of course there will be players who want to play for us even in the National League, I'll trust Shez when he says he has players lined up to come in and will reserve judgement on next seasons squad when we have made some signings, what's pointless about pointing players out we think could do a job, are you saying we wont sign anyone with League 1 or League 2 experience for next season then? If not whose going to play for us?.

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How do you know that then, you do know we've been shit for over 10 years, haven't finished above 14th for over a decade and have been run by absolute fuck wits yet still managed to put a team out on a Saturday, of course there will be players who want to play for us even in the National League, I'll trust Shez when he says he has players lined up to come in and will reserve judgement on next seasons squad when we have made some signings, what's pointless about pointing players out we think could do a job, are you saying we wont sign anyone with League 1 or League 2 experience for next season then? If not whose going to play for us?.

Have you seen the team put out in the last 4 years?

No one on a league retained list (because they've been retained) is going to be on it 

And yes I know all that you condescending prick 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Have you seen the team put out in the last 4 years?

No one on a league retained list (because they've been retained) is going to be on it 

And yes I know all that you condescending prick 

Feel better now? 

I

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You know what? Given serious thought to hanging myself recently and dickheads like you don't help.

I'm done here it's as toxic as the club

Goodbye and fuck off 

Don’t do that mate. Look for help, my son has had serious mental health issues and is hopefully progressing. DM me if you want to talk, I’ll give you my number. You can get through this, stay strong. 

17 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Could be the smallest in history.

It has been tiny in recent years.

It is almost as though if you cobble together a new side every year of the lame or desperate on one year contracts , and then manage them badly at the end of the year you either don't want them or they have better things to do.

Not that I'm arguing to keep too many of this crop.

Imagine if there was an alternative. Something like get a few key positions filled with heart and talent to form a backbone. Keep those guys on two year plus option contracts. Develop the youth. Recruit intelligently for the other positions accepting not everyone will be a long term fit. Fill out the squad with promising loans - some of whom might find a home at a well run club. Realise some value from selling players under contract.

It is eyeopening how many Crewe and Accrington have under contract for next year. Maybe their fans don't have to watch 18 strangers get to know each other August through October.

1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

Imagine if there was an alternative. Something like get a few key positions filled with heart and talent to form a backbone.

Like, errr, Peter Clarke? But when he was a couple of years younger obviously. 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Like, errr, Peter Clarke? But when he was a couple of years younger obviously. 

What do you mean? he’d be perfect for us even now in the National League and would be my first signing……

He would also be my choice for next manager.

However, it’s not happening with the🤡🤡’s still being here!!

31 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What do you mean? he’d be perfect for us even now in the National League and would be my first signing……

He would also be my choice for next manager.

However, it’s not happening with the🤡🤡’s still being here!!

Exactly. And we could have had the past few years with him at the club but for the fuckwit brothers. 

Archived