EFL retained lists

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chins up guys n gals you got this, imo the lower the level you go the less financial plays a part. At our low levels team spirit and grit is the main ingredient, you just need 2 or 3 players in your side with that extra quality to produce something and the rest packed out with grafters, and basic tactics/formations lower league players can grasp. You've only got to look at our neighbours Halifax punching way above their weight for proof. Good luck and look forward to seeing a proper club back in the league where they belong soon.

Fulham are set to sign Oldham teenage defender Damon Park in a deal worth around £150,000, according to The Sun.

The Championship winners have agreed a fee – which could rise with significant bonuses applicable depending on the success of the 16 year old’s career – with the Latics for the highly-rated young centre back. Park has been watched by a number of leading sides and is considered one of the best ball-player defenders in his age group in the country.

He’s not listed on the official web site as part of the Youth team squad but has played for the Academy recently.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Fulham are set to sign Oldham teenage defender Damon Park in a deal worth around £150,000, according to The Sun.

The Championship winners have agreed a fee – which could rise with significant bonuses applicable depending on the success of the 16 year old’s career – with the Latics for the highly-rated young centre back. Park has been watched by a number of leading sides and is considered one of the best ball-player defenders in his age group in the country.

He’s not listed on the official web site as part of the Youth team squad but has played for the Academy recently.

That’s what halliwell and chums must have been referring to! Still won’t plug the massive while in the budget

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

David Mellor can give him a lift 

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

That’s £150,000 more than Maidstone got for Chris Smalling when he signed for Fulham before being sold onto Man Utd for £10 million.

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Wonder how much will be put towards next season's squad....erm nothing for a guess 

17 hours ago, Wyke-9 said:

Chins up guys n gals you got this, imo the lower the level you go the less financial plays a part. At our low levels team spirit and grit is the main ingredient, you just need 2 or 3 players in your side with that extra quality to produce something and the rest packed out with grafters, and basic tactics/formations lower league players can grasp. You've only got to look at our neighbours Halifax punching way above their weight for proof. Good luck and look forward to seeing a proper club back in the league where they belong soon.

Yeah I see a problem...

On 5/14/2022 at 5:50 PM, oafc1955 said:

Think he might get involved on the coaching side…he’s not getting any younger and the opportunity might appeal especially as there’s been no news regarding Tommy Wright.

Sure Tommy is stopping on although I’ve not heard anything official although that’s hardly surprising!

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Wonder if Shez is waiting on Abdallah before publishing the retained list for next season, cannot see any other logical reason it has not been announced.

Possibly waiting for players he has made an offer to. Until they say yay or nay they’re neither retained or released I suppose. 

34 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Possibly waiting for players he has made an offer to. Until they say yay or nay they’re neither retained or released I suppose. 

He can divulge who he’s offered terms to and who he’s shipping out surely!!

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He can divulge who he’s offered terms to and who he’s shipping out surely!!

I doubt it - despite the 'club statement' I suspect they have no clue what the budget it

7 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Or keeping them all.😬

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Or keeping them all.😬

I’ve just consulted my ‘Crystal Ball’…

The majority will be/have already been released.

A few will be/have already been offered a contract for next season.

Most will turn down the offer.

A few of the youth will stay on however there will be one or two surprises as to the youth ‘not retained’ list.

Vaughan and Couto could be sold but for not a lot of money.

A few journeymen will join on a year’s contract.

There will be one unexpected (positive) signing.

There will be many loanees joining late in the summer

Grim…

Archived