Latics v York

58 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

If my memory serves me right, for some reason, York and Notts County away were always OTT massive in terms of our away support. Don't remember the same huge nos. travelling to other games. I often wondered why those 2 destinations in particular.

Maybe they took in the racecourses as well? 😁

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/23/2022 at 9:09 PM, oafc1955 said:

I was behind the goal when that went in!🥳🥳 Tics all around the ground that day. A great period supporting Latics!

Yes me too, standing at foot of the floodlight pylon, which was slightly raised, so me and my mates could see over the heads, as we were all of primary school age, and travelled up in neighbours works van. 

Those were the days of trailing the barred scarves out of the windows, 

Great memories.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

If my memory serves me right, for some reason, York and Notts County away were always OTT massive in terms of our away support. Don't remember the same huge nos. travelling to other games. I often wondered why those 2 destinations in particular.

does York have a Hooters aswell?

On 8/20/2022 at 8:10 AM, LaticsPete said:

They won’t. 
We have the maximum. 

They will. 
More are being made available.

Really interesting to see where they’ll put the extra places.

Full credit to the new Latics administration for getting them. Wouldn’t have happened a month or so ago. 

16 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Two great cities, lots to see, some great pubs. If you were making a w/e of it they'd be hard to beat.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:04 PM, yarddog73 said:

On the stadium map they've blocked out the usual allocation (about 800)  plus half of one of the stands down the side so it looks like we'll get a fairly decent allocation.

They usually keep the seats empty down one side to segregate the fans .They did this in the play off final by order of the police although Boston only brought about 300.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:13 PM, yarddog73 said:

Not for me home ends, last one I did was Sheffield Wednesday away 1990 and after being unable to control the urge to jump out of my seat as Currie slotted in the second my afternoon was a long one particularly as a Shez inspired Wednesday pulled it back to 2-2.

You'll have no issues at York .Just make sure go in the west or east stands.

9 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Two great cities, lots to see, some great pubs. If you were making a w/e of it they'd be hard to beat.

Unfortunately their are no pubs anywhere near the stadium .Their is a bowling alley next door selling piss water carling for £5.50  a pint .York centre on the other hand has some great pubs

On 8/23/2022 at 6:55 PM, losesome said:

If you go on York website you can easily sign up and buy a ticket in the corner stand next to the away end.

Only about 6 tickets sold for that section so far.

As York are not giving us any more then I can see a lot of Latics fans in home end.

If anyone wants a ticket for the York end , I am a member at York .I am on Holiday and can't go .I can give you my log in details so you can purchase a ticket .

On 8/24/2022 at 3:34 PM, wiseowl said:

Nice grounds , good places to visit . Notts in particular was always big rivalry between us . We seemed to follow each other for a good number of years .Recall pegging off woodwork at Byron Street School Royton to go to York when whittle scored.

Anyone else in my boat? Ordered tickets online Thurs 18th, not received, no answer on phone from ticket office after waiting three times for 40 minutes each time. Four emails, no reply. Travelling to York for the weekend tomorrow with no tickets....

5 minutes ago, otid said:

Anyone else in my boat? Ordered tickets online Thurs 18th, not received, no answer on phone from ticket office after waiting three times for 40 minutes each time. Four emails, no reply. Travelling to York for the weekend tomorrow with no tickets....

Hi Tony…..They said you could pick them up from York so I would ring them as early as possible on Monday….but a bit of a cock up for sure!!!

Perhaps you could nip down to BP tomorrow….t/o will be closed but surely someone will be in the office?

30 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Amazing how only one of the top five clubs is still a league club.

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

And Bristol R also spent a season in non league too!!

Also, staggering what a difference three points for a win would have made!!

Archived