Latics v York

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

10th goal of the season for Maurice, said the commentator. What we'd give for a fullback like him now!

We had a remarkable run of fullbacks really.  Even if I didn't think some were really full backs.  Barrett (more s after he left us), Warhurst, Makin Serrant. Probably others

28 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

No he wasn't, he played in nearly every position ( including goal ) for us but was primarily a right back when I was watching. 

Yes a right back with a speciality in deliberate up and unders. A  tactic you won't find in a FIFA coaching manual, but just as effective as the 'Gary Owen' Rugby ploy of unsettling opponents.

48 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yes a right back with a speciality in deliberate up and unders. A  tactic you won't find in a FIFA coaching manual, but just as effective as the 'Gary Owen' Rugby ploy of unsettling opponents.

In Union I don't think they do the up and under as much as they did 10, 15, 20 years ago. Probably for a variety of reasons but some law changes are a significant factor.

They do still use the up and under in League though.

22 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

In Union I don't think they do the up and under as much as they did 10, 15, 20 years ago. Probably for a variety of reasons but some law changes are a significant factor.

They do still use the up and under in League though.

I got sent off in my first ever game of Rugby Union because I had only ever played League and didn't understand the 'Mark Rule'. 

10 hours ago, Roger Ritchie said:

I got sent off in my first ever game of Rugby Union because I had only ever played League and didn't understand the 'Mark Rule'. 

I played league at primary. First game of union at secondary, I tackled a lad and stood off him. The bugger just got up and ran off with the ball. Proper shit sport Union. 

17 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Bought tickets online last week, didn’t get a choice of stand on the website. I’m assuming this was the case for everyone (?)

Went to the office where they offered a choice. It should have been available on the website too as not everyone likes going behind the goal.

Archived