Latics v York

For anyone fancying a Bank Holiday awayday by train you can get a return from Rochdale to York for £13.80.

09:11 out gets in at 11 and 6:22 back gets you back at about quarter past 8.

We're going over Sunday by train, staying at York racecourse and having a night out then get a lift back after match.

What better way is there to spend a Bank Holiday.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Inspectormorose. said:

For anyone fancying a Bank Holiday awayday by train you can get a return from Rochdale to York for £13.80.

09:11 out gets in at 11 and 6:22 back gets you back at about quarter past 8.

We're going over Sunday by train, staying at York racecourse and having a night out then get a lift back after match.

What better way is there to spend a Bank Holiday.

We are doing similar

1600, be on sale to ST holders Thursday/Friday of next week….only 1 per Season Ticket holder!

They will sell out in 2 days easy. The away end actually only holds 800+ but the stadium has capacity for 8500.

Their opening home game against Woking after promotion to the National League attracted a crowd of just under 4000 so there should be plenty of room for a few more tics!!

Looking at this extract from the ground guide I don’t envisage any problems…..

Like many of the smaller national league stadiums around England, the LNER Community Stadium doesn’t segregate seating according to home and away fans. Instead, the stadium has a nice family feel to it, with home and away fans allowed to mix to a certain extent. This means that the stadium is a good venue for travelling away fans, especially those that simply want to enjoy a game of football and avoid any of the drama! 

There is occasional trouble even at the new stadium, but not much.

Do not be tempted to park on the adjacent retail car park - many tickets given . The clubs car park is ok unless you want a quick getaway and aren’t right near the exit. 

33 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

What is the plan for away tickets.

If we have 3000 season ticket holders and the away allocation is only 500 how are they distributed? Is it just first come first serve or a ballot or tier system? 

It will be first come first serve, generally if you want one you'll get one, only problem I see is Wrexham if they restrict us to about 1000.

• Matt changed the title to Latics v York
11 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Just get one from York, there will be plenty of room in the home ends. 

Not for me home ends, last one I did was Sheffield Wednesday away 1990 and after being unable to control the urge to jump out of my seat as Currie slotted in the second my afternoon was a long one particularly as a Shez inspired Wednesday pulled it back to 2-2.

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

Just get one from York, there will be plenty of room in the home ends. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Not for me home ends, last one I did was Sheffield Wednesday away 1990 and after being unable to control the urge to jump out of my seat as Currie slotted in the second my afternoon was a long one particularly as a Shez inspired Wednesday pulled it back to 2-2.

I’d get one in the home ends pretty quickly if you are going to. Clubs will naturally tighten up on ticket sales when it becomes quite obvious that away fans are buying in the home end which almost certainly will happen sometime in the next few days as the away end sells out. If not tomorrow. 

There are going to be seats available all round the ground for a brief period but sitting near the away fans is always a good option - a bit like how at Harrogate loads of away fans congregated near the away fans in the home end and were let into the away end after about 5 minutes. 

Went to the ticket office and got a ticket in the West End stand away section about 4 rows up near the halfway line.

Very pleased with that.

Hopefully more tickets will be allocated as I think the stadium holds 8,000.

Did anyone see the footage from 1974 when Maurice Whittle equalised after Chris Jones scored for York? I remembered Jones being with us on loan but he only played 3 games and scored once according to Wikipedia. Did he get injured or can anyone remember why we didn't sign him?

chris jones came on loan for 1 month in feb 1972.hescored his goal at bradford.from memory it was a mis-kick.i was in banrams club.jonny bairtowa future dad,then 19 was  having a pint.whe jonny was young ,his dad sadly committed suicide.geoff boycott paid for young bairstows education.

8 hours ago, mick26 said:

Did anyone see the footage from 1974 when Maurice Whittle equalised after Chris Jones scored for York? I remembered Jones being with us on loan but he only played 3 games and scored once according to Wikipedia. Did he get injured or can anyone remember why we didn't sign him?

I was at that game but cant recall Chris Jones....only Maureeeeeeecccces free kick. Great days then following Latics.

9 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I was at that game but cant recall Chris Jones....only Maureeeeeeecccces free kick. Great days then following Latics.

I was there, Maurice's free kick one of my best memories.

Archived