Signing & Player Rumours

19 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

worrying ? No.

Just a recognition that it's not easy getting quality to sign for a non-league club. We certainly don't want signings for the sake of it.

I would say it’s pretty concerning that over the last month Unsworth has said these players need help, he is actively trying to get players in (so must have identified players), we need 2 more additions, we now after Chester need 3 or 4 additions, aimed to get them in before Yeovil. 

We have signed Rooney in this time, none since he said the players need help after Maidenhead. Honestly, it doesn’t look great at all to me. I can say with certainty there are players which we could get tomorrow that would improve some of the shite we have. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I would say it’s pretty concerning that over the last month Unsworth has said these players need help, he is actively trying to get players in (so must have identified players), we need 2 more additions, we now after Chester need 3 or 4 additions, aimed to get them in before Yeovil. 

We have signed Rooney in this time, none since he said the players need help after Maidenhead. Honestly, it doesn’t look great at all to me. I can say with certainty there are players which we could get tomorrow that would improve some of the shite we have. 

I'm with you on this one, I reckon the Nuttall talk was all a bit staged as well, probably knew he was lined up to go to an EFL club in January and we had no chance of signing him, highlighted our 'intention' to strengthen but the reality is the longer the season goes on the less likely the chance of us signing anyone who could better us particularly as we yet again are hanging around at the arse end of the table.

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm with you on this one, I reckon the Nuttall talk was all a bit staged as well, probably knew he was lined up to go to an EFL club in January and we had no chance of signing him, highlighted our 'intention' to strengthen but the reality is the longer the season goes on the less likely the chance of us signing anyone who could better us particularly as we yet again are hanging around at the arse end of the table.

Yeah agree on Nuttall. Either Unsworth doesn’t have the ability to convince players to come, or the finances are not available. Both pretty dire thoughts considering we are 18th in the National League. 

How much would we need to pay someone these days who would bring some increased quality into the right positions in our side?

I heard that experienced pros were finding it difficult to earn what they used to, due to there generally being less money in the lower leagues than previously.

2k/week so 100k per year salary?

A couple of these and at least it would likely start to point us in the right direction?

Roughly its about what an extra 1000 season tickets sales or the 1000 extra POTD fans generated for us.

Also I expected a couple Everton U23's to be here by now or at least secured in January? 

It's going to take a while for all the lads coming back from injury to get matchfit, and we are likely to pick us a few more knocks with games coming thick and fast and Unsworth working them hard to get them fitter, so I'd like to see some movement over the next week or so.

He should know by now who he wants to keep and who to get rid of so start the process now, and paya few off early if we need to.

Clearly what we currently have could leave us in the bottom 4 and in a whole lot of trouble by January.

32 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

“It’s a massive job and I know exactly what we need, but that’s going to take an awful lot of time.”

The gaffer. 

Yep I agree there is no quick fix, but would like to see a bit more urgency to at least stop the current downward spiral!

We are on a run of 1 win in our last 10 games (bar the pens on Tuesday) and that was an 89th min winner at home v fucking Eastleigh!

I'm sure he's trying, but If he knows "exactly what we need" then crack on with it I say....why wait?

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah agree on Nuttall. Either Unsworth doesn’t have the ability to convince players to come, or the finances are not available. Both pretty dire thoughts considering we are 18th in the National League. 

Think his contract is up in the summer. Probably fancies his chances of an EFL team taking him in Jan or most certainly in the summer on a free.

One month youth loan, that's building for the future.

They are just pissing about this season aren't they, trying to kid the fans along that there is actually something to keep turning up for, I get it that it's going to take time but these signings are fucking dreadful, okay Unsworth probably watched him on Monday against the B team but this lad hardly had a sniff with Bolton's first team so why bring him in?, smacks of desperation and again on the face of it goes against what Unsworths churning out about bringing the right players in to make us better, another fucking project for us to work with.

On the plus side he may actually be fit and able to run about for a full 90 minutes.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They are just pissing about this season aren't they, trying to kid the fans along that there is actually something to keep turning up for, I get it that it's going to take time but these signings are fucking dreadful, okay Unsworth probably watched him on Monday against the B team but this lad hardly had a sniff with Bolton's first team so why bring him in?, smacks of desperation and again on the face of it goes against what Unsworths churning out about bringing the right players in to make us better, another fucking project for us to work with.

On the plus side he may actually be fit and able to run about for a full 90 minutes.

Surely one of the strikers are injured ? Otherwise might aswell play Luamba instead of this lad. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Surely one of the strikers are injured ? Otherwise might aswell play Luamba instead of this lad. 

Luamba certainly hasn't been receiving rave reviews, has he? He may turn out to be better than Luamba and, given he's a speculative risk, one month with the option to extend seems a reasonable first step. 

What to people expect? Experienced EFL lower league players to come flocking to our door? I don't expect that to happen without the club dangling a small fortune in front of their faces and I don't see that happening.

9 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Luamba isn’t great though is he and I’ve not really seen anything in him to suggest he’s improving albeit with limited opportunities. We all want to see experienced or proven consistently good players here but let’s see what this lad is like.

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Because a player not getting a sniff two leagues higher who are in and around the playoffs, might be good enough for 2 leagues lower.

Was it desperation when we loaned the likes of Iverson or Surridge who were not getting a sniff at their parent clubs, 2 or 3 leagues higher than where we were at the time?

1 minute ago, boyinthesnow said:

Because a player not getting a sniff two leagues higher who are in and around the playoffs, might be good enough for 2 leagues lower.

Was it desperation when we loaned the likes of Iverson or Surridge who were not getting a sniff at their parent clubs, 2 or 3 leagues higher than where we were at the time?

Being non-league, the club's options and success in the loan market will be hampered. Hopefully this one pays off and the only way to find out is to play him. 

Archived