Signing & Player Rumours

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Nuttall deal is almost certainly off. According to Unsworth we offered him an ‘unbelievable’ deal but  apparently money is the stumbling block according to the Oldham Times!!

So be it could certainly have improved us uptop but so too could other players what's important is that we get the right player and for the right value.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Nuttall deal is almost certainly off. According to Unsworth we offered him an ‘unbelievable’ deal but  apparently money is the stumbling block according to the Oldham Times!!

Can't be on too much at Scunthorpe and where would a non league player get a super deal.

Sounds like his agent calling the tune to me.

1 minute ago, Lags said:

His agent will be expecting a bigger wage or signing on fee with no transfer fee involved. Or a nice fee for himself too.

Exactly. If he gets 15 goals for Scunthorpe this season he'll get a better move to a league team either in January or in the summer. With us he'd have to commit to this season and almost certainly next season in non-league.

5 hours ago, Lags said:

His agent will be expecting a bigger wage or signing on fee with no transfer fee involved. Or a nice fee for himself too.

And if he stops scoring he might regret staying, I doubt he will have the number 25 to assist him after January.

Left of field but is jamie thomas still available on a free. Plucked out of non league by preston after bagging two against them from attacking midfield for bamber bridge last year in a pre season friendly. Out to halifax on loan last year 9 appearances with a goal for them in national league.

Hes 25, a number 10, possibly more mobile than Rooney. Definitely should add something to the squad.

Maybe the ex preston link could be a tie in with Unsworth who says he wants to improve hungry players. Streets ahead of stobbs etc

11 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

Left of field but is jamie thomas still available on a free. Plucked out of non league by preston after bagging two against them from attacking midfield for bamber bridge last year in a pre season friendly. Out to halifax on loan last year 9 appearances with a goal for them in national league.

Hes 25, a number 10, possibly more mobile than Rooney. Definitely should add something to the squad.

Maybe the ex preston link could be a tie in with Unsworth who says he wants to improve hungry players. Streets ahead of stobbs etc

That's been sorted, Frank has brought in a new pie man.🙂

13 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

We actually went in for him in January but he ended up going to Halifax. Don't think he did much there and is currently 4 months behind everyone else fitness wise for not having a pre season...

I'm not bothered  about him.I didn't overate  him and he's greedy We need a player who wants to come here and play in front of a big crowd ..Danny  Whitehall of Eastleigh impressed me more.Got to be better strikers out there for less .

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We actually went in for him in January but he ended up going to Halifax. Don't think he did much there and is currently 4 months behind everyone else fitness wise for not having a pre season...

The fitness thing is a fair shout. Just think the B team could ve a good way of assessing someone like him (once its up and running)

43 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

expected a player today tbh. fuckit its only maidenhead 😬

8 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Yep, players now please, we need some 

Unsworth says he's looking and also looking at getting Scouts in and will only sign players who better us 

I much prefer this approach to the oh 

Sefil and Abdallahs nephew are available 

Patience is needed ffs 

45 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Unsworth says he's looking and also looking at getting Scouts in and will only sign players who better us 

I much prefer this approach to the oh 

Sefil and Abdallahs nephew are available 

Patience is needed ffs 

As long as he is, because patience is wearing thin. Hope fully the start of a positive new era and he’s trying create something to build on. An occasional glance at the league table has to be made though. 1 point from possible 9 to date. He’s seen what we are currently about and that means some decent signings sooner rather than later 

5 minutes ago, True Tic said:

As long as he is, because patience is wearing thin. Hope fully the start of a positive new era and he’s trying create something to build on. An occasional glance at the league table has to be made though. 1 point from possible 9 to date. He’s seen what we are currently about and that means some decent signings sooner rather than later 

3 games and patience is wearing thin??

Have a word with yourself

We are the other end of of 30 years of neglect and he has the worst squad know to humanity 

Fuck me 

11 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Grow up

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

3 games and patience is wearing thin??

Have a word with yourself

We are the other end of of 30 years of neglect and he has the worst squad know to humanity 

Fuck me 

For Christ sake, I’m mean from this whole fucking shit show as you well know, not three fucking games

Archived