Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

One month youth loan, that's building for the future.

They are just pissing about this season aren't they, trying to kid the fans along that there is actually something to keep turning up for, I get it that it's going to take time but these signings are fucking dreadful, okay Unsworth probably watched him on Monday against the B team but this lad hardly had a sniff with Bolton's first team so why bring him in?, smacks of desperation and again on the face of it goes against what Unsworths churning out about bringing the right players in to make us better, another fucking project for us to work with.

On the plus side he may actually be fit and able to run about for a full 90 minutes.

It only smacks of desperation when you have such a jaundiced view that you have at the present.

How you can criticise a signing because, in your words 'has not had a sniff of the first team' 2 leagues above us escapes me.

Do you know what the injury situation is at present? Do you rate Luamba as first eleven player-I don't. The more options we have the better.

Oh and you are gonna have to drop the fitness jibes-it is old hat now.

They are just pissing about this season aren't they, trying to kid the fans along that there is actually something to keep turning up for, I get it that it's going to take time but these signings are fucking dreadful, okay Unsworth probably watched him on Monday against the B team but this lad hardly had a sniff with Bolton's first team so why bring him in?, smacks of desperation and again on the face of it goes against what Unsworths churning out about bringing the right players in to make us better, another fucking project for us to work with.

On the plus side he may actually be fit and able to run about for a full 90 minutes.

🥱🥱🥱🥱

24 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Beat me to it. Use the 50k from the Wrexham game and offer him a settlement...

Ridiculous in our situation but not unheard of for a returning player to break down quickly and he probably came back too soon. I agree though, I think we could do better but he scored that vital penalty Tuesday night, so...

2 hours ago, boyinthesnow said:

Because a player not getting a sniff two leagues higher who are in and around the playoffs, might be good enough for 2 leagues lower.

Was it desperation when we loaned the likes of Iverson or Surridge who were not getting a sniff at their parent clubs, 2 or 3 leagues higher than where we were at the time?

Slightly different, Surridge had already been out and proved himself at Yeovil, it's the short termism that pisses me off we'll have half the team on one month loans in no time, there's no plan and others before would be getting absolutely destroyed with the start we've had and the squad assembled.

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Thanks, I'll check him out when Mossley are at home to 1874 Northwich on November 5th.

He's only 20yo, with a background of Manchester United and Crewe it looks promising.

He had a dip in form around age 16 when released but before that stood out in that United side alongside Charlie Savage and Will Fish, was there for 8 years. I know the lad well through Crompton House he’s keen to get back into pro football. Strong physically now too. Cheers for looking.

52 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Slightly different, Surridge had already been out and proved himself at Yeovil, it's the short termism that pisses me off we'll have half the team on one month loans in no time, there's no plan and others before would be getting absolutely destroyed with the start we've had and the squad assembled.

Always an issue with short term. But then when we give players longer deals it's "I can't believe we signed these on 2 year deals they're shit" let's see what he's like

55 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Always an issue with short term. But then when we give players longer deals it's "I can't believe we signed these on 2 year deals they're shit" let's see what he's like

I get that but this seasons over already - again, emphasised by the fact we rushed players back for an FA Cup qualifier at Chester when we should of played the B team in the home fixture to concentrate on the League.

I just feel the clubs doing the minimum it needs to get through this season, in my opinion each week that goes by now with no reinforcements is another nail in the coffin, neither manager has been given the players to get us challenging and on top of that it's been dire to watch, scrapping around at the arse end of this division ain't for me particularly with the brand of football being served up by Unsworth and Co, next three games should be 9 points given who we are playing, but we will probably be lucky to pick up 5.

3 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Technique for that goal v Tranmere is very good. Looks mobile.

Unsworth doesn’t rate Luamba.

The only other young player he’s brought in is Carragher who is one of the first names on the team sheet.

No one rates Luamba. Not even his mum.

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I get that but this seasons over already - again, emphasised by the fact we rushed players back for an FA Cup qualifier at Chester when we should of played the B team in the home fixture to concentrate on the League.

I just feel the clubs doing the minimum it needs to get through this season, in my opinion each week that goes by now with no reinforcements is another nail in the coffin, neither manager has been given the players to get us challenging and on top of that it's been dire to watch, scrapping around at the arse end of this division ain't for me particularly with the brand of football being served up by Unsworth and Co, next three games should be 9 points given who we are playing, but we will probably be lucky to pick up 5.

What we're you expecting this season? I expected it to be a season of getting our shit together I still think we will come the end of the season.

12 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

This place is getting worse than Twitter

When does Birkett get to join?

Yeah it's deteriorating abit at the moment isn't it. Perhaps due to us toiling in the league, when the results get better (and they will) it will pick up.

59 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

What we're you expecting this season? I expected it to be a season of getting our shit together I still think we will come the end of the season.

Yeah it's deteriorating abit at the moment isn't it. Perhaps due to us toiling in the league, when the results get better (and they will) it will pick up.

Yes no wins in six, three in fifteen playing the most boring negative football we've seen in a decade or more really is invigorating, I'm not sure why I'm so displeased. Shez picked up three wins in nine and was hounded out yet Unsworth can't even get a win out of them five games in.

Two managers haven't been backed despite crowds trebling this season and all the euphoria from the takeover will soon be lost, of course the mood will turn as patience runs low I like many others are sick to death of seeing zero progress on the pitch in fact we are worse now under Unsworth as we've ever been but other than that it's all hunky dory.

I get it he needs time but hasn't every manager whose failed in the past 10 years? I want to see progress on the pitch now not excuses as to why players wont drop down to our level, anyway won't that still be the case come the end of this season? 

Let's hope we can pick up a win today somehow and kick on if not I don't see why Unsworth should remain immune from criticism particularly if he keeps serving up the shite we've seen so far.

Yes no wins in six, three in fifteen playing the most boring negative football we've seen in a decade or more really is invigorating, I'm not sure why I'm so displeased. Shez picked up three wins in nine and was hounded out yet Unsworth can't even get a win out of them five games in.

Two managers haven't been backed despite crowds trebling this season and all the euphoria from the takeover will soon be lost, of course the mood will turn as patience runs low I like many others are sick to death of seeing zero progress on the pitch in fact we are worse now under Unsworth as we've ever been but other than that it's all hunky dory.

I get it he needs time but hasn't every manager whose failed in the past 10 years? I want to see progress on the pitch now not excuses as to why players wont drop down to our level, anyway won't that still be the case come the end of this season? 

Let's hope we can pick up a win today somehow and kick on if not I don't see why Unsworth should remain immune from criticism particularly if he keeps serving up the shite we've seen so far.

Genuinely couldn’t agree more. Should have just stuck with Sheridan if we arnt going to invest in players. I’d back Sheridan to keep us up more than Unsworth in his first job. 

38 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Genuinely couldn’t agree more. Should have just stuck with Sheridan if we arnt going to invest in players. I’d back Sheridan to keep us up more than Unsworth in his first job. 

Well he couldn’t keep us up last season with arguably a better squad, and who says we aren’t investing in players? 
Unsworth has been here 5 minutes…get a grip FFS!!!

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

If it was up to you, would you sack him if we don’t win today?

19 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

How about we give him a chance out on the pitch before we write him off?!

17 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I think you’ll find it’s the shite players who are serving up the shite!!

Archived