Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If that’s the case I would think all transfers in and out would be put on hold for now.

The fact Nuttall is now banned for 3 matches would also slow things down too!

Some Scunthorpe fans not happy with his displays and actions since turning us down.

37 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Straight swop 10 of ours for Nuttall.

Which 10  though ? 

38 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Straight swop 10 of ours for Nuttall.

Which 10  though ? 

Loo twieller

J Clarke

McGaheee

Mynard

Stobbs

Cooper

Windass

Porter

not quite 10 but lm keeping Gardner and Burgess for some reason

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Complete guess cos he keeps trying to sign strikers so must be looking at offloading one of either Fondop or Porter...

👍 Or both!

Porter was a bloody ridiculous signing and I bet he’s on a fair wedge too!

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

👍 Or both!

Porter was a bloody ridiculous signing and I bet he’s on a fair wedge too!

You can throw Hope in too, can't keep him just because he runs about a lot. Puts a shift in but not that good.

On 12/4/2022 at 12:23 PM, PeteG said:

I don't really know anything about Darren, certainly not his CV but where is the evidence he's a footballing man? Other than Wigan which other professional football clubs has he worked for and in what capacity, i genuinely don't know. The roles at both Wigan and Oldham seemed to have been secured on the back of bringing the new owners to the table in the first place.

Darren Royle played football at non-league level for Altrincham, Ashton United and Radcliffe Borough, amongst others, having previously been on the books of both Latics and Rochdale.

He has a BSc in Sports Science and Psychology, an MSc in Exercise and Nutrition Science, and a MBA in Finance and Marketing.

Royle began his working career as a Senior Business Manager at Merck in January 1998, and spent 11 years at the Pharmaceutical-focused company.

He joined Prozone - a leading sports performance analysis company - in 2009 as a European Business Manager. He left in January 2012 to move to Norway, and took up the Chief Operating Officer role at ANALY7ICS SA for around 3 years.

Royle was appointed as an Executive Director at Eliteform Limited in 2014, before becoming Executive Chairman of Wigan Athletic in 2018.

He also helped launch the NPL Football Academy in 2014, which was the first in English football to launch an FA-sanctioned youth league, combining football with further education.

Royle was also the co-founder of a new MBA qualification with Manchester Metropolitan University around a sporting director course!

1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

Darren Royle played football at non-league level for Altrincham, Ashton United and Radcliffe Borough, amongst others, having previously been on the books of both Latics and Rochdale.

He has a BSc in Sports Science and Psychology, an MSc in Exercise and Nutrition Science, and a MBA in Finance and Marketing.

Royle began his working career as a Senior Business Manager at Merck in January 1998, and spent 11 years at the Pharmaceutical-focused company.

He joined Prozone - a leading sports performance analysis company - in 2009 as a European Business Manager. He left in January 2012 to move to Norway, and took up the Chief Operating Officer role at ANALY7ICS SA for around 3 years.

Royle was appointed as an Executive Director at Eliteform Limited in 2014, before becoming Executive Chairman of Wigan Athletic in 2018.

He also helped launch the NPL Football Academy in 2014, which was the first in English football to launch an FA-sanctioned youth league, combining football with further education.

Royle was also the co-founder of a new MBA qualification with Manchester Metropolitan University around a sporting director course!

Thanks, not that you had to go to all that. So I was correct about his only previous role at a Professional football club was at Wigan.

19 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Thanks, not that you had to go to all that. So I was correct about his only previous role at a Professional football club was at Wigan.

Maybe so but I think you’ll find that cv more than qualifies him for his current role…...in my opinion we are extremely fortunate to have him on board!

26 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

But what did the Romans ever do for us?

24 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Who did you think we were going to get?  I can think of one local chap with the thick end of two decades of experience in the professional game who's probably got a bit of time on his hands these days. 

28 minutes ago, PeteG said:

You also wrote: "I don't really know anything about Darren, certainly not his CV but where is the evidence he's a footballing man?"

Royle has an impressive cv, and he clearly is a football man.

39 minutes ago, PeteG said:

He has far more than being an ex police officer. Why are you constantly trying to cause issues and taking digs at the current regime ? 
I honestly do believe you are Barry and you are sat at home, bored because you have lost your power. 

37 minutes ago, PeteG said:

No. you said 'where is the evidence he is a Footballing man' so it was given to you and you 'couldnt see it' like you 'couldnt see' the lottery stuff. it is called willful blindness.

Just now, LightDN123 said:

He has far more than being an ex police officer. Why are you constantly trying to cause issues and taking digs at the current regime ? 
I honestly do believe you are Barry and you are sat at home, bored because you have lost your power. 

me too

55 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Who did you think we were going to get?  I can think of one local chap with the thick end of two decades of experience in the professional game who's probably got a bit of time on his hands these days. 

For Gods Sake man , Pull yourself together we are an ex premier league club we have a divine right to get whoever we want !!

Archived