Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Weren't you moaning the other week about being ignored?

That was about a new prospect, it's been explained to me since the club needs to move some players on before young development players are considered.

I understand all my recommendations are now on file and will be followed up.

One may require a substantial fee so its touch and go.

Colclough has a nominal release fee for football league club but substantial one for another conference team. 

Chose to stay in the summer at Alty and they are flying and a good playoff chance if they keep their loanees at Christmas.

He’s miles better than Tollitt but doesn’t make sense to sign him unless he’s going to play him on the right but then if you’re Colclough why move to a team where you won’t play your favoured position?

8 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Colclough has a nominal release fee for football league club but substantial one for another conference team. 

Chose to stay in the summer at Alty and they are flying and a good playoff chance if they keep their loanees at Christmas.

He’s miles better than Tollitt but doesn’t make sense to sign him unless he’s going to play him on the right but then if you’re Colclough why move to a team where you won’t play your favoured position?

Move Tollit to the right.

7 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

That's one of my issues at the moment. The signings or potential signings seem to have no real reason behind them. We are crying out for a midfielder to grab the game, not another attacking minded midfielder or striker...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

That's one of my issues at the moment. The signings or potential signings seem to have no real reason behind them. We are crying out for a midfielder to grab the game, not another attacking minded midfielder or striker...

I'd like to think, and expect that they know this on the basis that it's glaringly obvious, even to realistic group munchkins levels of brain capacity. They've stated intentions given the Nuttall and Reid signings so I remain hopeful targets for this position have been identified and it's a case of trying to get their preferred one over the line.

Once we get that fulcrum position filled, we're getting there.

33 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

You do know Tollitt’s game is him cutting in and getting a shot away on his right foot. Why would we move him

Yes i do, what will yield more goals a wide player cutting in or a wide player whipping a cross in for the forwards we have now?

A attack with pace and a wide player whipping a cross in is hard to defend especially with the pace we have upfront, time to utilise that to it's maximum.

Archived