Signing & Player Rumours

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Correct although I feel Tollitt struggles position wise in the teams that Unsworth puts out, you'd almost have to give him a free role but I'm not sure he deserves that, it's a tough one given his eye for goal and he does play very well in spells particularly running at teams.

Wandering around in a free role in a side that kept losing he did look dangerous attacking. That is a luxury we cannot afford.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Shrek said:

The suggestion was all his crosses were shite. Clearly not.

Google / YouTube is a great resource if you're interested in checking things out before posting.

Knocking balls into the box for DKD and Bahambula is a far trickier job than it is for Fondop and Nutall. 

Stobbs or someone else, it's a weapon we need to use more.

If you check those highlights again the only cross was from Rooney!

27 minutes ago, Shrek said:

He's not the answer but he does have an attribute we could use. He's more use right wing than Chapman for example. He wants to two dogs in centre mid. The wide men need to create the chances. Rooney coming in from the left, Toillet isn't contributing much when out right. Maybe the new lad is here to start. 

Come on now, Clifford. You raise some good points but Jack Stobbs should be nowhere near the team for the rest of his Oldham career...

10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Well he's saying Stobbs is good because only 99% of his crosses went behind the goal. Thought I'd use a similarly shocking analogy 

It was said all his crosses went into the stand, just providing proof that was incorrect. 

Still struggling to prove you've added anything to any topics on this page as yet.

1 hour ago, Shrek said:

It was said all his crosses went into the stand, just providing proof that was incorrect. 

Still struggling to prove you've added anything to any topics on this page as yet.

The majority do. He wasn't the worst. He certainly isn't the answer. I'm awaiting your contribution on anything relevant other than God awful suggestions 

13 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Harold Shipman didn't kill ALL his patients. Still a shit doctor

I would say he was probably a very good doctor in terms of his medical abilities. He was just a psychotic murdering bastard. Just saying and being pedantic like. 😀

15 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

He was the GP for a guy I work with.  Apparently, (excluding the mass murder bit) he was a decent bloke.

My best mate from school's mum used to serve Peter Sutcliffe in a cafe on one of his truck stops.  He was quite amiable too apparently, I think most serial killers are when they aren't killing people

14 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm awaiting your contribution on anything relevant other than God awful suggestions 

God is everywhere. Like awful suggestions.

For the record, I am an agnothiest.

Which means that I do not believe that fences believe in God either.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

He probably gets the service he needs to put the ball in the net.
It would be a different story at Latics.

And he scored again at Barnet tonight. He is a player who creates and scores goals.

On 1/17/2023 at 8:21 AM, Gaz_Oafc said:

I know it was always going to happen, but ... Chesterfield local press spinning a story making out that Colclough only ever wanted to go to Chesterfield despite interest from other clubs in the division...

Which hints at him turning us down rather than us/frank pulling the plug...

Don't think they have won a game when he has played! He deffo hasn't scored so maybe we made the right decision. His arrival seems to coincide with Chesterfields complete implosion this season!

.....fast forward 45 mins...he scores a hat trick in a 3-1 Chesterfield win v Oldham🤣🤣

Archived