Signing & Player Rumours

Absolutely pointless signing given where we are in the season, looks like we've turned in to some sort of charity with money to burn, will prevent Luamba or some other youth product whose doing well from making the squad which appears to be one of Unsworths main priorities at the minute.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Absolutely pointless signing given where we are in the season, looks like we've turned in to some sort of charity with money to burn, will prevent Luamba or some other youth product whose doing well from making the squad which appears to be one of Unsworths main priorities at the minute.

I would be surprised if he even gets a game.

Let's give the lad a chance eh? For me it's a shot to nothing signing in the mould of Green, which hasn't worked out so bad. We can have a look at him, see what he's about. It nothing else it opens up the prospect of Nuttall and Sambou starting with a bomb squad of Fondop and Abraham coming on after 55-60 minutes, and terrorising tired defences. 

13 hours ago, Fervid said:

Luamba has had his chance unfortunately nowhere near good enough. 

Puzzles me this train of thought, excuses are made and are still being made for Nuttall, much of it generated by the fact that he hasn't apparently had much service, are we claiming that Luamba has then?, I honestly don't think we'd be any worse off playing Luamba instead of Nuttall given how ineffective the later has been so far, Luamba can do the running about a bit just as effective as Nuttall and offers nothing else, don't worry I'm not trying to make a claim for Luamba just merely pointing out that Nuttall has basically done fuck all worth noting and some are still making excuses for him, particularly Unsworth. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Puzzles me this train of thought, excuses are made and are still being made for Nuttall, much of it generated by the fact that he hasn't apparently had much service, are we claiming that Luamba has then?, I honestly don't think we'd be any worse off playing Luamba instead of Nuttall given how ineffective the later has been so far, Luamba can do the running about a bit just as effective as Nuttall and offers nothing else, don't worry I'm not trying to make a claim for Luamba just merely pointing out that Nuttall has basically done fuck all worth noting and some are still making excuses for him, particularly Unsworth. 

Well considering we win games with Nuttall in the side and lost a load with Luamba in the side I think we are worse off. 

That said, I think Lumaba would be far better with a big man, like Nuttall next to him. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Anything favourable to report regarding Sambou…..how did he play?

He has one of those octagon feet.

As he passes, you are never really sure which edge he will play the ball with.

Usually the edge marked "to opposition"

1 hour ago, JED said:

I would give anyone at least three games before writing off, but not a good start! Abraham definitely an upgrade on today’s performance.

Rooney one of our best players now. He was written off by many so definitely need to be giving people a good number of games

norman was injured in training but travelled to daghenham.was leuwiler also injured or gone.it begs the quetion.at best leuwiler would have been on the bench.depending on normans injury and leuwilers situation a golalkeeper may be needed on loan.the national lague transfer deadline is this coming thursday.

24 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Stobbs is on loan at Torquay !

I'm aware of that. He wasn't ever going to be part of a match day squad at latics again despite using having Sutton embarrassing himself at right wing back for 2 or 3 games.

On 3/18/2023 at 6:04 PM, Le miserable1 said:

my 10 year old granddaughter has more presence on a football  pitch than Nuttall,he is as weak as piss,would look better on the catwalk at Paris fashion week

Is she making our ladies under 11s team then ?

The Off the Line blog is reporting they expect Regan Booty (Maidstone U) to sign for Oldham before the transfer deadline on Thursday, the potential transfer has previously been reported here. England C international, described as good in and out of possession, the type of player we need in the middle of the park.

Archived