Signing & Player Rumours

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not heard a thing since Friday my friend...

Had heard before Friday we were miles apart on personal terms. Fee agreed with Scunny.

Hopefully wrong info at my end rather than yours, would like to see a striker come in.

37 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Had heard before Friday we were miles apart on personal terms. Fee agreed with Scunny.

Hopefully wrong info at my end rather than yours, would like to see a striker come in.

Know a lad who was with him at Blackburn, apparently last one to leave the training ground and worked harder than any footballer at the club, beast in the gym and completely focused on his football career, probably the type who we need, good age and appears to have all the right attributes,  hopefully we can get the deal done he would certainly improve us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Know a lad who was with him at Blackburn, apparently last one to leave the training ground and worked harder than any footballer at the club, beast in the gym and completely focused on his football career, 

What does he put it down to that, despite all that, he's never done owt and now finds himself in the GM Vauxhall Conference? 

31 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What does he put it down to that, despite all that, he's never done owt and now finds himself in the GM Vauxhall Conference? 

Maybe it hasn't happened for him yet, some footballers don't hit their peak till well in to their twenties, look at Mullin at Wrexham prime example 1 in 5 at Morecambe over 3 seasons in his early twenties, did nothing at Swindon or Tranmere in the next two seasons scoring about half a dozen goals despite playing week in week out and Tranmere couldn't give him away, gets a deal at Cambridge as a 25 year old and has scored 77 in 93 since, not saying for one minute he's the next Mullin but as we don't have a million to buy a Mullin we will have to do our best to find one, Shez' plan of buying 30 odd year old strikers made of biscuits probably isn't going to pay dividends. 

Nuttall fits the profile and on paper is exactly the player we should be looking at, they won't all work but you can see why he has caught the eye.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Following the apparent underwhelming performances by Rooney (not seen him myself yet) I wonder if the days of signing a player and OAFC fans including myself actually saying “well, we’ve signed a good player here!” will ever happen again…….

Rooney will be ok, its those around him who are the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lags said:

As any club for so many seasons chopped and changed squads and consistently remained shit every single season in history?.  Let's all piss on every corner of the pitch, you never know it may help. 

This is what I don’t understand with Unsworths interview. This squad is nothing like the one last year or the year before, for whatever reason every single year the players we bring in are shit. 

Also, Rooney and Unsworth said Rooney is a player who works hard. He looks far to lazy for me, him and Fondop set the tone last night for us. Slow. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

He all but said it in his post match summary that the players are not capable of delivering what’s required during games and I’m pretty much certain a few changes in personnel are pretty much imminent!!

This is for you Dave 🦏:

Convince to leave:

Threlkeld, Cooper, McGlynn, Stobbs, Roberts, Wellens

Into the ‘B’ team or out on loan:

Leutwiler, Luamba, Vaughan, Couto, Da Silva, Edwards, Turner, Kilner

Search for whereabouts and, when found, stick in ‘B’ team:

Windass, Maynard

Get back from injury or pay off:

Hogan, Gardner, Sutton, Angol,  Hope, Porter, McGahey

Keep:

Norman, Clarke, Carragher, Sheron, Burgess, Rooney, Tollit, Fondop

Bring in:

Keeper, Right Back, Centre Back, Defensive Midfielder, Creative Midfielder, Winger, Striker

That ought to about do it 👍

You’re welcome.

52 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This is for you Dave 🦏:

Convince to leave:

Windass, Maynard

Keep:

Bring in:

Keeper, Right Back, Centre Back, Defensive Midfielder, Creative Midfielder, Winger, Striker

You’re welcome.

I think we can safely say even now, this will be a season of consolidation and hope it doesn't end up being worse.

Unsworth gets as long as it takes, to rid ourselves of the accepted mediocrity we've endured, for what seems a lifetime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

This is for you Dave 🦏:

Convince to leave:

Windass, Maynard

Keep:

Bring in:

You’re welcome.

Doesn't McGlynn's loan finish after Saturday? Surely won't get extended now that two managers weren't keen on starting him

7 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

Doesn't McGlynn's loan finish after Saturday? Surely won't get extended now that two managers weren't keen on starting him

Wouldn’t one of them two be the one who’d been chasing him for ages!!

In our situation any loanees brought in surely had to be starters otherwise what was the point?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Wouldn’t one of them two be the one who’d been chasing him for ages!!

In our situation any loanees brought in surely had to be starters otherwise what was the point?

Exactly. Not much point  and won't endear us to the parent clubs in future 

I would be quite happy if the entire squad was replaced, in fairness I haven’t seen Rooney play yet and It would be nice to see what Harry V could do but frankly we might as well get some money for him before we completely destroy his career

I really can’t make a strong case for any other player…sure, keep Carragher on loan and maybe Hope as he works so hard up front but the rest??? Not seen much to suggest they have the ability or, more importantly, the desire to win many matches

If we talk about keeping 8-10 players then isn’t that virtually just the same team as we have now?