Signing & Player Rumours

15 hours ago, Lags said:

As any club for so many seasons chopped and changed squads and consistently remained shit every single season in history?.  

Stevenage putting together a whole new side and winning every week, even with He Man, is making me ill.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-stevenage/transfers/verein/3684

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

This is for you Dave 🦏:

Convince to leave:

Threlkeld, Cooper, McGlynn, Stobbs, Roberts, Wellens

Into the ‘B’ team or out on loan:

Leutwiler, Luamba, Vaughan, Couto, Da Silva, Edwards, Turner, Kilner

Search for whereabouts and, when found, stick in ‘B’ team:

Windass, Maynard

Get back from injury or pay off:

Hogan, Gardner, Sutton, Angol,  Hope, Porter, McGahey

Keep:

Norman, Clarke, Carragher, Sheron, Burgess, Rooney, Tollit, Fondop

Bring in:

Keeper, Right Back, Centre Back, Defensive Midfielder, Creative Midfielder, Winger, Striker

That ought to about do it 👍

You’re welcome.

Do we reckon Windass was signed as a favour to his dad or what...?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Could be we have offered him a better contract though?

No use in speculating, BP, the guy isn't coming.

Offers should only be what they think a player is worth...if it's not taken up, then move on.

8 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

That lad from Fylde scored another two last night. I’d go get him at this point. Drop Rooney deeper and bring Gardner back in. Those three would do the job. 

Totally agree, I think we looked a far better team once we took Cooper off on Tuesday, I'd like to see us play a 4-3-3, all our full backs struggle in a wing back role with none of them offering much going forward, a midfield three of Sheron holding with Gardner and Rooney just in front would work, of the players we've got available I'd play Tollitt and Burgess either side of Fondop, if we play a 10 behind a front two it has to be Vaughan for me but it's not going to happen, playing a back four just makes more sense with the players we have Carragher and Okagbue both love to defend, get caught out at times but that's going to happen, Clarke is a better player in a back four and Angol would slot in at left back.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Totally agree, I think we looked a far better team once we took Cooper off on Tuesday, I'd like to see us play a 4-3-3, all our full backs struggle in a wing back role with none of them offering much going forward, a midfield three of Sheron holding with Gardner and Rooney just in front would work, of the players we've got available I'd play Tollitt and Burgess either side of Fondop, if we play a 10 behind a front two it has to be Vaughan for me but it's not going to happen, playing a back four just makes more sense with the players we have Carragher and Okagbue both love to defend, get caught out at times but that's going to happen, Clarke is a better player in a back four and Angol would slot in at left back.

4-4-2 with these players but Gardner plays sideways and too deep and the boy child Burgess couldn't beat a carpet so get rid of both.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Sometimes I think fans overplay the role of formations but I have to agree fully with the above we have to switch to 4 at the back Clarke isn't comfortable going forwards but I think he's a competent defender and the role of wing back requires an attacking full back not a defensive one, he is the latter. I like the idea of Sheron as the sitter giving licence to the other midfielders to get forward. Fondop has been far to isolated in the last few games he needs more support. My concern with Gardner is that he is at an age where he is starting to get more niggle injuries which will affect him throughout the season. Arguably the same could be said about Hogan I think we are missing both in the dressing room and on the pitch to be that strong influence on the team they would I believe to quite abit to stop the complacency which lead to the 2 goals the other night.

11 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So he messes us about, starts against us and scores and we still want him? Nah bin him.

He can’t be coming now surely. 

just one game I know but I didn’t see much about him which would change our team. The other fella though , Apter, he’d be alright 

4 minutes ago, True Tic said:

just one game I know but I didn’t see much about him which would change our team. The other fella though , Apter, he’d be alright 

Hopefully we take on his loan in January.

Not sure if EFL rules allow it though.

5 minutes ago, True Tic said:

My eyesight is not great, really, but I didn't see anything in Nuttall that would want me see him come to BP. Yeah he got a goal but I could have scored that one.

12 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

That lad from Fylde scored another two last night. I’d go get him at this point. Drop Rooney deeper and bring Gardner back in. Those three would do the job. 

Thanks, I'm not allowed to mention him anymore😉

53 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Nuttall deal is almost certainly off. According to Unsworth we offered him an ‘unbelievable’ deal but  apparently money is the stumbling block according to the Oldham Times!!

Good, he would have been more of the same 

Archived