Realistics

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

We should all vote - I believe it’s called democracy.

So do I. I'd also like to believe that people don't believe in Fairy's Unicorns, the world is flat, Covid vaccinations are biological weapons, we are controlled by lizard people, The North stand belonged to us, Brexit and other fantasies alas a disturbing amout of people do.

7 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

So do I. I'd also like to believe that people don't believe in Fairy's Unicorns, the world is flat, Covid vaccinations are biological weapons, we are controlled by lizard people, The North stand belonged to us, Brexit and other fantasies alas a disturbing amout of people do.

Nope. Monty put it rather better. 

I wonder if Brexit caused us to fall from L1 to NL by the way. I think we should be told…

17 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I wonder if Brexit caused us to fall from L1 to NL by the way. I think we should be told…

6 years on Still not prepared to admit its a bad idea yet?

Ofcourse it didn't get us relegated.

But Brexit was meant to

- Give us £350million a week to give to the NHS

- Level up the country. 

- Have a wonderful new trade deal with the US.

- Lead to the total collapse of the EU

How's that worked out for us?

Still atleast the bankers got a massive tax break this week. Wonderful victory for all of us.

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

But Brexit was meant to

- Level up the country. 

Still atleast the bankers got a massive tax break this week. Wonderful victory for all of us.

6 years on, let it go I’d say. Democracy eh, what a bugger. Worst system ever invented apart from all the others, as somebody said.

16 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

6 years on, let it go I’d say. Democracy eh, what a bugger. Worst system ever invented apart from all the others, as somebody said.

It is to be fair. Benevolent dictatorship is much better. Or it would be if there'd actually been a long term benevolent dictator.... 

19 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Didn't say I was against Democray more to the fact that people need to be switched on to bullshiters and fantasists. This letter is clearly written by a shit stirrer and a deluded fantasist judging by his social media activity Mr Birkett ticks those boxes.

8 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

But Brexit was meant to

- Level up the country. 

I like how the water companies can now legally pump raw sewage into the rivers and seas. The erosion of workers' rights is lovely too. AND we can have a blue passport. 

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I like how the water companies can now legally pump raw sewage into the rivers and seas. The erosion of workers' rights is lovely too. AND we can have a blue passport. 

Just renewing mine, so I can look forward to standing hours in line at two airports.

Cheers Boris.  🤥 

15 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

100% it did

ANYTHING bad was caused by brexit all you have to do is be ignorant of the planet so you don't see it happening anywhere else, then you go on line and repost memes or throwaway a comment in a forum. sumat maybe about how dumb people deserve to pay extra for fish and chips bc they voted for it. makes you feel all warm and superior apparantley.

then you stfu and get your head down graftin for the man to pay the gas bill. fuckin brexit again 🤬.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Just renewing mine, so I can look forward to standing hours in line at two airports.

Cheers Boris.  🤥 

been thru 5 airports this month, 4 of them in the EU (sorry Greta) only problems l encountered which resulted in lines were caused by weather over germany, incorrectly packed baby wipes and frenchies on strike again (proper got in nailed them lot, they take no shit do they).

see my post above about throwaway forum comments. take your fingers out of your ears.

PS I hate boris jonson more than l hate ignorant ear finger people.

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

But Brexit was meant to

- Level up the country. 

pretty much all the same except stuff costs more. for everybody.

16 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Didn't say I was against Democray more to the fact that people need to be switched on to bullshiters and fantasists. This letter is clearly written by a shit stirrer and a deluded fantasist judging by his social media activity Mr Birkett ticks those boxes.

Mr Birkett seems indeed to be a highly unpleasant individual as you say. It’s something of a stretch if not highly and unnecessarily offensive to link people like him with all those who voted for Brexit. And if we’re going to start limiting voting rights to people who are deemed (by whom?) to be “acceptable” to vote, we’re on a very slippery slope indeed.

As for your comments on all the problems facing the UK, we are no doubt in testing times. It won’t have escaped your notice that the EU is also facing immense economic challenges. We would have faced our current difficulties whichever way the Brexit vote had gone. Let’s move on.

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Cheers Boris.  🤥 

I fly between the UK and Spain several times a year. I’ve yet to see any of these queues, apart from the occasional holdup at a UK airport when the E-gates break down. Brexit has made no difference to my getting into/out of Spain, whether via a Spanish airport or Gibraltar 🤷🏼‍♂️

36 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I fly between the UK and Spain several times a year. I’ve yet to see any of these queues, apart from the occasional holdup at a UK airport when the E-gates break down. Brexit has made no difference to my getting into/out of Spain, whether via a Spanish airport or Gibraltar 🤷🏼‍♂️

Passport now has to be stamped. Some mobile roaming fees brought back. Number of days you can reside in Spain has changed, you may need a visa. All changed with Brexit.

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Passport now has to be stamped. Some mobile roaming fees brought back. Number of days you can reside in Spain has changed, you may need a visa. All changed with Brexit.

Passport stamp - takes seconds, doesn’t cause a queue. Spanish officials extremely efficient. And it’s always nice to check when you were abroad by quickly looking it up in your passport.

My mobile charges are the same as they were pre-Brexit and = UK charges. No change there.

No of days - 90 in any 180 is v generous and more than enough for me. And the passport stamp makes keeping an eye on it v easy. If you do want more, applying for residency in Spain is very straightforward.

Sorted! 

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Mr Birkett seems indeed to be a highly unpleasant individual as you say. It’s something of a stretch if not highly and unnecessarily offensive to link people like him with all those who voted for Brexit. And if we’re going to start limiting voting rights to people who are deemed (by whom?) to be “acceptable” to vote, we’re on a very slippery slope indeed.

As for your comments on all the problems facing the UK, we are no doubt in testing times. It won’t have escaped your notice that the EU is also facing immense economic challenges. We would have faced our current difficulties whichever way the Brexit vote had gone. Let’s move on.

I don't how you've managed to make the claim that I'm advocating limiting voting rights that is some mental gymnastics but well done on that.

You claim to be fully advocating democracy but on the otherhand you are telling those who think its a bad idea to just get over it. Democracy means we had a vote and we voted to leave. But democracy also means I can say it's a bad idea and it also means you don't have to agree with me.

As for the bit about everyone who voted for Brexit sharing the same views as Birkett well here is the truth. Not everyone who voted for Brexit is a racist clearly(I actually think the majority voted for it because they wanted something to change) but pretty much all the racists I know did vote Leave.

Yes we are in testing times yes and yes it would still have been testing times had we stayed in the EU however we would be facing the economic challenge in the world's largest trading bloc. As a result we have lowest growth in the G7 and the second lowest economic growth in the G20 only behind heavily sanctioned Russia. 

26 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

As for the bit about everyone who voted for Brexit sharing the same views as Birkett well here is the truth. Not everyone who voted for Brexit is a racist clearly(I actually think the majority voted for it because they wanted something to change) but pretty much all the racists I know did vote Leave.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. 

Lack of self awareness klaxon. 

I was going to post the same as Worcester when you posted that highly inflammatory bollocks the other day. Then thought, oh what’s the point.

Then you give us this absolute beauty. 

Next time you want to look for a narrow minded view, that lacks any detail, credibility and makes sweeping generalisations I’d look close to home or ask ‘all the people you know’ 

Archived