Realistics

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, underdog said:

Tbh the think tank I am with have not ruled out this possibility.

A new stadium built for various sports, arena style events with a built on community hub/training and education site.

I seem to recollect that this site has been mention in the past. 

I do believe the site mentioned might be where the Northern roots project is and there are lots of plans already drawn up and further down the pipeline for it.

I can see merits in both both a new build somewhere or a revamp of BP.

IMO, It's Oldham lack of an arena size plots that makes me think the revamp is the option.

We won't know more until the Rothwells acquire the site Xmas time?

Another option is OASF start asking some questions. Even it's only around club stuff, like the vision for academy, OACT, recruitment, infrastructure.

7 minutes ago, underdog said:

I do believe the site mentioned might be where the Northern roots project is and there are lots of plans already drawn up and further down the pipeline for it.

I can see merits in both both a new build somewhere or a revamp of BP.

IMO, It's Oldham lack of an arena size plots that makes me think the revamp is the option.

We won't know more until the Rothwells acquire the site Xmas time?

Another option is OASF start asking some questions. Even it's only around club stuff, like the vision for academy, OACT, recruitment, infrastructure.

OASF asking questions ? You have no chance of that ! 

Just to add, I still want to join and be part of OASF but it’s all a bit job for the boys to me currently. 

clearly this is something that has been discussed at politician level, which is unusual. imagine politicians sittin round whilst we pay them to discuss hypotheticals 🙄.

at least its reminded me about this bridge l was supposed to be looking into.

birkett is clearly on a path zooming away from us and l'm perfectly fine with that.

he has found a fraction of morsel which fell off a kernel here tho l think.

it may even be an actual good idea judging by its initial unlikeliness.

1 minute ago, peanuts2 said:

Theres also a proposal to expand the tram network with a line running along the trackbed of the old oagb oldham - ashton line .to allow rochdale - oldham - ashton- reddish - stockport service with  a proposed stop in the honeywell lane area .

goes against the whole point of metrolink so probs not gona happen

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

People actually write and believe this drivel.

It's disturbing that they walk amongst us and can do things like breed and vote in General Elections.

Breed yes, I can imagine Birket only eats pencils and doesn't know their true use, or how to put a cross in a box 

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

People actually write and believe this drivel.

It's disturbing that they walk amongst us and can do things like breed and vote in General Elections.

The #oafc hashtag and Facebook users can't seem to let Birkett and Barry go. I think they're just posting Birkett/Barry related stuff to get "likes". Each to their own and everything, but why do Birkett and Barry matter anymore? 

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l defo want a plot to grow my own fruit n veg

I'm on the waiting list for a few. Been asked to help some older bloke out with his which I think is a way of getting up the list. Said I'd do it. Dtruggling to convince my 8 year old it's a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon, though.

14 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

OASF asking questions ? You have no chance of that ! 

Just to add, I still want to join and be part of OASF but it’s all a bit job for the boys to me currently. 

AGM next month.

Membership is foc and will be suspended on Monday

Why not join be part of the democratic process at least. Just a thought

16 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Brexit is proof that people like Birkett vote.

responsible for soooo much

the international driver shortage

soaring inflation and interest rates in the US

household heating bills

the chinese housing market slow motion collapse

global warming

got what we voted for didnt we 🙄

Archived