Mr BP1960

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Sometimes I get tip offs from other scouts and just passed on one to the club about a young striker in the Northern Premier League who's currently on loan from a league division 1 club.

BTW the powerhouse Welsh club right back scored his 12th goal in 19 games last week.

The 2 available  EPL u21s midfielders again both impressed.

We first need to reduce the playing staff though, which is a frustration when recommending players.

12 goals in a whole career is probably average for a RB…12 goals in 19 games is just silly and getting on for 30 over a season which is unheard of at Latics even from our strikers!!

FFS!!!…..get him signed up!😆😆

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

12 goals in a whole career is probably average for a RB…12 goals in 19 games is just silly and getting on for 30 over a season which is unheard of at Latics even from our strikers!!

Looks like he’s still at Macc, he signed a new deal a few weeks ago. I should imagine the size of any fee would be prohibitive for us as he’s scored 25 goals in only 28 games from midfield!!

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Looks like he’s still at Macc, he signed a new deal a few weeks ago. I should imagine the size of any fee would be prohibitive for us as he’s scored 25 goals in only 28 games from midfield!!

According to a recent Web report..

"Our prolific striker James Berry, who has big ambitions as a footballer and has turned down offers to leave Macclesfield".

28 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Double that for assists too.

The closest I can think of in style was Mel Sterling, albeit the class of  football he's playing in now is about Northen Premier League.

Edited by BP1960

27 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

No way he's playing as a right back with those numbers unless his side is playing Sunday league and typical scores are abut 8-4

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

No way he's playing as a right back with those numbers unless his side is playing Sunday league and typical scores are abut 8-4

He's playing in the equivalent of Northern Premier League and operates the whole of the right flank on his own.

You obviously haven't taken into account he's also very good in the air and some of his goals have come from corner kicks.

The higher he goes the harder it would be to replicate, but from what I've seen I've no doubts he will be playing at a better level next season. 

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's playing in the equivalent of Northern Premier League and operates the whole of the right flank on his own.

You obviously haven't taken into account he's also very good in the air and some of his goals have come from corner kicks.

The higher he goes the harder it would be to replicate, but from what I've seen I've no doubts he will be playing at a better level next season. 

Well he's not playing a traditional right back role then, which was my point.

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Who is this RB / RW / ST & which team does he play for?

I cannot see anyone in Cymru Prem, North or South matching this profile.

Perhaps if we knew who, we could all join in the debate?! 🤣

He lives in Wales, that should narrow it down for you.🙂

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Who is this RB / RW / ST & which team does he play for?

I cannot see anyone in Cymru Prem, North or South matching this profile.

Perhaps if we knew who, we could all join in the debate?! 🤣

Alex Downes would be my guess.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Asked a friend who follows the Welsh leagues, he’s watched Alex Downes a few times. Says he’s been top quality every times he has seen him and worth a gamble. Did mention that Colwyn Bay are looking at turning professional if they get promoted. https://youtu.be/pPir2s6L6b4

Good assessment..

Edited by BP1960