Mr BP1960

10 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Signed for Altrincham...

Seen him twice this year and not particularly impressed me but what do i know. Scored in both games one a penalty.  The winger I've mentioned before on here was the best player on the park but seems to be working his way down the leagues.

Edited by astottie

3 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Alty only paid £10k for Linney apparently. Not much of a risk at that money is it.

He would be better than most that we have, he used to play wide in a midfield four or on the left of a front three until a year or two ago, he's only played through the middle the last season really and is nearly a goal a game. That's playing predominantly as a lone striker so it's a decent return, style of play is more like Abraham the difference being he knows where the net is.

23 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He would be better than most that we have, he used to play wide in a midfield four or on the left of a front three until a year or two ago, he's only played through the middle the last season really and is nearly a goal a game. That's playing predominantly as a lone striker so it's a decent return, style of play is more like Abraham the difference being he knows where the net is.

He's been playing with PE teachers and plumbers. Have some respect for Timmy please. He'd look like Ian Wright vs the local butcher every week.

1 hour ago, Shrek said:

He's been playing with PE teachers and plumbers. Have some respect for Timmy please. He'd look like Ian Wright vs the local butcher every week.

So was Jamie Vardy. Have some respect for @yarddog73 please...who has actually seen him play.

There are many at a lower level far better than we have.

Edited by BP1960

10 hours ago, Shrek said:

For every Vardy there is 100 Danny Rowe's. A lot easier to know where the back of the net is when the lad marking you has been emptying skips all week.

Danny Rowe was good for us. That front line of Rowe, Dearnley and McAleny was solid for League 2. 

11 hours ago, Shrek said:

For every Vardy there is 100 Danny Rowe's. A lot easier to know where the back of the net is when the lad marking you has been emptying skips all week.

Youd have dismissed Vardy as he was scoring goals against binmen and David Eyes when he was at Rhyl as a 25yo?

Yet how many full time u21s from higher clubs fail to impress with many being released?

Give me a non league player anytime with ability and desire over a weak willed player from leagues above.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Youd have dismissed Vardy as he was scoring goals against binmen and David Eyes when he was at Rhyl as a 25yo?

Yet how many full time u21s from higher clubs fail to impress with many being released?

Give me a non league player anytime with ability and desire over a weak willed player from leagues above.

Agree with this. 

I’d imagine most of our fans would have scoffed if we’d have signed Iliman N’Diaye (Currently Sheff Utd’s top scorer and played for Senegal at the World Cup) or Jayden Clarke (just moved to Gillingham from Boreham Wood) when they were both playing Sunday league football a couple of years ago. 

Our squad is littered with players on their way down the leagues, it’s a rare occurrence that this type of player goes back up in value.

Even bloody Callum Dolan has got a move to Fleetwood in league 1, someone with raw ability who matured at semi professional level and is now playing 2 leagues higher than we are.

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Our squad is littered with players on their way down the leagues, it’s a rare occurrence that this type of player goes back up in value.

Even bloody Callum Dolan has got a move to Fleetwood in league 1, someone with raw ability who matured at semi professional level and is now playing 2 leagues higher than we are.

Isn't your top paragraph exactly what Callum Dolan has done...?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

These are all one offs. We've seen many struggle to move from non league to league. Christ, even National North to our shite league.

Bar the odd lad who doesn't want to move up job wise most aren't good enough. Look at the Dorking lads. Soon found out once they settled into this division. 

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Isn't your top paragraph exactly what Callum Dolan has done...?

He was released by Manchester United and I think we picked him up from Ashton United. 

Always had ability, but off the field he ruined his chances here.

Edited by BP1960

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 10:47 PM, BP1960 said:

Another 2 goals tonight for my fox in the box recommendation 20yo Kieran Phillips of Gloucester. I can see him playing in the EFL before too long.

And another 2 goals for Phillips since.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good to see the lad back after being on crutches a few months ago.

Fans know a good player when they see one.

Macclesfield FC

'76’ | Three sides of the stadium provide a standing ovation as James Berry returns from injury, replacing Kane Drummond'.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Good to see the lad back after being on crutches a few months ago.

Fans know a good player when they see one.

Macclesfield FC

'76’ | Three sides of the stadium provide a standing ovation as James Berry returns from injury, replacing Kane Drummond'.

Bloody hell haha