Mr BP1960

5-0 win for Macclesfield in front of a 4,000 crowd today

James Berry leaves the field to a standing ovation.

I still hope we can sign him, but the fee may be too high now.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

5-0 win for Macclesfield in front of a 4,000 crowd today

James Berry leaves the field to a standing ovation.

I still hope we can sign him, but the fee may be too high now.

Too high..where are Macclesfield in the pyramid?

Probably more than just Latics looking at this player.

20 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Too high..where are Macclesfield in the pyramid?

Probably more than just Latics looking at this player.

They certainly are now after his 30th league goal of the season from the left wing - despite out 2 months with injury.

However my recommendation was submitted last August. It's not just the goals though it's his terrific dribbling skills, creative ability, great attitude and pace.

Think Chris Taylor at his very peak.

https://www.facebook.com/thesilkmen/photos/a.277695960578/10161783426445579/?type=3&mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

Edited by BP1960

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

However my recommendation was submitted last August.

So bearing in mind the current board and coaching staff weren’t here in August your recommendation of the said player won’t have been acted upon?

16 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

So bearing in mind the current board and coaching staff weren’t here in August your recommendation of the said player won’t have been acted upon?

The recommendation was also passed to the current regime and followed up. I understand Macc rate him as Championship material (as I do) so the asking price will be quite high and his sights may be higher than us now.

All I can do is recommend what I see at an early stage then hope we can land them.

I may not be right all the time as I was disappointed in Linney on Saturday. I'm not ruling him out though on one game without service and still think he will score a lot of goals in this division next season.

The role he played for Altrincham was not the same as it was  at FC United so that may account for his quiet game.

Edited by BP1960

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

BP are the under 21's giving you more hope in this Euro's than the 20's did in the World Cup? 

that was brilliant today against Germany we totally dominated them

Yes some outstanding talent there, augers well for the future. Incidentally that balding German left back must be a least 40yo.

On 6/28/2023 at 9:14 PM, Monty Burns said:

🤣

tbf some of ours are nearly 23!!

Those are the rules for the tournament and are actually quite common for all under 21 tournaments. If you were born this millennium you were eligible as the qualification started in 2021, so anyone born this millennium would have been 21 or younger when the qualifying started.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Those are the rules for the tournament and are actually quite common for all under 21 tournaments. If you were born this millennium you were eligible as the qualification started in 2021, so anyone born this millennium would have been 21 or younger when the qualifying started.

lno yeah and its fair otherwise the players that qualified would be too old to play in the tournament they had qualified for!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It used to be quite common on old style jukeboxes to pick a disc which had no music, thus effectively paying for three or four minutes of silence.  The same principle coudl be applied t the LED adverts - pay for them not to be on? :)

LED & Pitchside Advertising Opportunities - News - Oldham Athletic

🤣

Chancing your arm there!

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the Ashton United v Burnley u21s friendly last  night and liked the look of Burnley's nippy attacking midfielder Marcel Lewis, who showed excellent vision and passing ability. I understand he could be available on loan.

Nice to meet Tony Philiskirk again.

However, Ashton had a quick, mobile 6ft 4" striker called Macus Cusani who scored 2 goals and even more impressive was his ball control and bringing others into play. 27 years old with an amateur background so probably won't be considered by us, but his work rate and superb fitness put our lot to shame.

Only seen him once but I've seen far worse in the EFL.

Edited by BP1960

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Went to the Ashton United v Burnley u21s friendly last  night and liked the look of Burnley's nippy attacking midfielder Marcel Lewis, who showed excellent vision and passing ability. I understand he could be available on loan.

Nice to meet Tony Philiskirk again.

However, Ashton had a quick, mobile 6ft 4" striker called Macus Cusani who scored 2 goals and even more impressive was his ball control and bringing others into play. 27 years old with an amateur background so probably won't be considered by us, but his work rate and superb fitness put our lot to shame.

Only seen him once but I've seen far worse in the EFL.

Not sure we need ANOTHER striker at this point!

Nippy attacking midfielder seems to fit the bill though👍

I see Macclesfield have signed Luke Duffy to replace James Berry, another very exciting player on the ball with excellent dribbling skills rarely seen even in the EFL where eventually he may finish up.

https://macclesfieldfc.com/latest-news/luke-duffy-joins-the-silkmen-for-a-club-record-signing-fee/

Edited by BP1960

• 3 weeks later...

Took in the Cuzon Ashton game today and was impressed with their tall young centre back Devon Matthews, a player I understand on our radar, but we signed Raglan so it never happened.

Composed, very good on the ball, 2 footed, tough and good in the air.

Will be interesting to see what happens to him.