Mr BP1960

It's funny how things can change, I've had a tip off about a free agent young centre/ wing back who my professional source reckons could be playing for his country in the World Cup next time round should they qualify for the finals same as this time.

So despite my being  somewhat disillusioned I've passed on the info for the club to check out.

Hopefully, something will come of it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's funny how things can change, I've had a tip off about a free agent young centre/ wing back who my professional source reckons could be playing for his country in the World Cup next time round should they qualify for the finals same as this time.

So despite my being  somewhat disillusioned I've passed on the info for the club to check out.

He’s Welsh ? 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

This isn't to disparage BP, but if you've had a tip-off, how many clubs' radar will he already be on if he's that good?

24 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

This isn't to disparage BP, but if you've had a tip-off, how many clubs' radar will he already be on if he's that good?

It's the player himself who is interested after speaking to my source.

He's based in Manchester.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 2:09 PM, BP1960 said:

I haven't said sign them all on my say so, but those they don't know about could be monitored and haven't. I don't know who the 6 or 7 scouts are you mention as no scouts meeting had been coordinated yet to my knowledge.

Something which was done regularly when I was at Nottingham Forest.

I just don't feel part of the set up, which is why is why I won't be making any more recommendations.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Jesus Christ. You spit your dummy out and change your mind more times than my missus

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

It's the player himself who is interested after speaking to my source.

He's based in Manchester.

Not questioning your scouting abilities... Just in this day and age, the cream usually rise to the top early doors. 

I work with a couple of City scouts who are watching kids. It just seems like it's difficult for quality to go under the radar 

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

Not questioning your scouting abilities... Just in this day and age, the cream usually rise to the top early doors. 

I work with a couple of City scouts who are watching kids. It just seems like it's difficult for quality to go under the radar 

They haven't seen Berry then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

U don’t scout managers By any chance do u? I think that’s what the club needs sending through to them at the moment 

They are more like coaches than managers these days, Its a different thing altogether. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 6:58 PM, Dave_Og said:

Any reason he's a free agent?

@Dave_OgThe info was from my ex pro footballer friend and the club will be contacting him directly as a result.

I'm merely a facilitator in this one.

I have looked a vidoes of him though and he does look quality.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

@Dave_OgThe info was from my ex pro footballer friend and the club will be contacting him directly as a result.

I'm merely a facilitator in this one.

I have looked a vidoes of him though and he does look quality.

Well he was hardly going to look crap on a video that he and his people have put together, is he...?

Not wishing to bore you as I often do, but this recent video shows James Berry (number 11 in the white shirt) taking some terrible punishment, but he never gives in. Some typical mazy dribbles from the boy too I think many would like to see from a forward at BP.

I must congratulate Macclesfield on the excellent camera work too.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well he was hardly going to look crap on a video that he and his people have put together, is he...?

The vidoes I checked were live matches. As a scout you look deeper by examining at the qualities the player has and look to investigate further. I'm not as cynical as you thank goodness.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Tricky if he's a free agent, so presumably not playing though?

He's staying in this country with relatives as his season is over. Will need bringing up to speed so maybe training with the first  team could be a solution.

It's out my hands though and the club have been in touch with my contact. It's a lead worth following up though as I understand there are FL options he could consider, but not as close as the Manchester area.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's staying in this country with relatives as his season is over. Will need bringing up to speed so maybe training with the first  team could be a solution.

It's out my hands though and the club have been in touch with my contact. It's a lead worth following up though as I understand there are FL options he could consider, but not as close as the Manchester area.

Can you name the player ? 

49 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If he's a potential international rather than an actual one I wonder if he would get a work permit.