Mr BP1960

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

If he's a potential international rather than an actual one I wonder if he would get a work permit.

As I say I've only facilitated the approach which is a wish of the commonwealth player himself

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Can you name the player ? 

Not yet, but it will be in the media if anything comes of it with us or another English club. If not I guess he will return home to pursue his career there and out of interest I'll keep tabs on him to see if he does indeed make the international team.

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Not wishing to bore you as I often do, but this recent video shows James Berry (number 11 in the white shirt) taking some terrible punishment, but he never gives in. Some typical mazy dribbles from the boy too I think many would like to see from a forward at BP.

I must congratulate Macclesfield on the excellent camera work too.

Harry Vaughan could do that in that league

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Harry Vaughan could do that in that league

You don't think like I do, I don't care about at the league they play in I look at the quality they have and this boy can do it now way above our level, its not just his skill, but his tremendous work rate and courage.

Not sure Harry can at this present time, he might one day though. 

I've seen players in Sunday league go on to star in the Championship, like Lee Trundle, Tony Ellis and Tony Naylor so I trust my experience and judgement to make comparisons and IMO Berry can go at least that high. Time will tell.

Edited by BP1960

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You don't think like I do, I don't care about at the league they play in I look at the quality they have and this boy can do it now way above our level, its not just his skill, but his tremendous work rate and courage.

Not sure Harry can at this present time. 

I've seen players in Sunday league go on to star in the Championship, like Lee Trundle, Tony Ellis and Tony Naylor so I trust my experience and judgement to make comparisons and IMO Berry can go at least that high. Time will tell.

BP, out of curiosity what are your thoughts on the Welsh Premier League ? 
In your scouting circles do many scouts watch that league? 
You don’t often hear of many steps up from that league into the EFL, is there any reason behind that ?

17 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

You don’t often hear of many steps up from that league into the EFL, is there any reason behind that ?

They all play rugger don't they? 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

There is talent, had good reports on a lad there now and hope to see him soon.

I once recommended a young player at Newtown who went on to the Premier League and won 36 full international caps .

https://nwsport.co.uk/2021/01/30/15-welsh-premier-stars-who-progressed-to-the-english-football-league/

Edited by BP1960

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

There is talent, had good reports on a lad there now and hope to see him soon.

I once recommended a young player at Newtown who went on to the Premier League and won 36 full international caps .

https://nwsport.co.uk/2021/01/30/15-welsh-premier-stars-who-progressed-to-the-english-football-league/

Thanks for the comments appreciated. 
It’s a league my friends and I follow closely (more so them). They seem to think there are a fair few players that could play at this level. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I've recommended we check out a young tough, skilful ball winning midfielder at a Championship club who isn't yet in their first team plans.

Hoping to have him looked at in the next couple of weeks.

Like the sound of this one BP. 

What were you’re thoughts on Bailey Marsden at Mossley? Seems a bit of a nasty barsteward

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 4:45 PM, Dave_Og said:

If he's a potential international rather than an actual one I wonder if he would get a work permit.

@Dave_OgI've lost out on him I'm afraid, he's decided to try his luck in Scotland, albeit not the highest standard. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrie-snap-up-young-australian-28946533

Edited by BP1960

On 12/9/2022 at 6:05 AM, LightDN123 said:

That's because they all become warriors for the Sontarans.

• 2 weeks later...

After recommendations from posters on this board I took a look at FC United's 25 goal centre forward Regan Linney today.

A big strong lad he's certainly a handful, very quick and never gave up pressurising defenders. 

Bit of a short fuse at times though.

in conclusion I actually prefer him to our recent striker signings.

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

After recommendations from posters on this board I took a look at FC United's 25 goal centre forward Regan Linney today.

A big strong lad he's certainly a handful, very quick and never gave up pressurising defenders. 

Bit of a short fuse at times though.

in conclusion I actually prefer him to our recent striker signings.

He would of offered more today for sure and generally plays upfront alone for FC, think someone will take a punt on him soon enough.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He would of offered more today for sure and generally plays upfront alone for FC, think someone will take a punt on him soon enough.

Yes, he played on his own up front, but was always a presence.

Created the FC goal and had several attempts on target himself.

Edited by BP1960

On 1/15/2023 at 3:21 PM, peanuts2 said:

see young Billy Midgley from uppermill fc has just signed a 2 year scholarship at salford city another one missed ?

He was in Utds academy until age 7 or 8, then Bury I think. Not sure about after that but he's a nice lad and I'm surprised he wasn't picked up by Latics. Although under the previous regime we probably missed a few. 

Sometimes I get tip offs from other scouts and just passed on one to the club about a young striker in the Northern Premier League who's currently on loan from a league division 1 club.

BTW the powerhouse Welsh club right back scored his 12th goal in 19 games last week.

The 2 available  EPL u21s midfielders again both impressed.

We first need to reduce the playing staff though, which is a frustration when recommending players.

52 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sometimes I get tip offs from other scouts and just passed on one to the club about a young striker in the Northern Premier League who's currently on loan from a league division 1 club.

BTW the powerhouse Welsh club right back scored his 12th goal in 19 games last week.

The 2 available  EPL u21s midfielders again both impressed.

We first need to reduce the playing staff though, which is a frustration when recommending players.

Have we missed the chance on the 2 midfielders now their transfer window has shut??

If we have, can you now name them?