Mr BP1960

7 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Have you passed his details on to the club BP?

A couple of months ago after seeing him play. He scored twice with headers from corners and provided  2 assists.

He's recently signed a new contract with them.

Edited by BP1960

41 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No it was after that, I think you mean this other match where he scored 2 goals (shirt number 21).

Ah fair enough. Yeah it’s my hometown club Porthmadog so just wanted to get your opinion on a certain player if you had watched them. - He recently got a move to Caernarfon from Port. 

47 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Ah fair enough. Yeah it’s my hometown club Porthmadog so just wanted to get your opinion on a certain player if you had watched them. - He recently got a move to Caernarfon from Port. 

DM me I'll check him out.

On 1/28/2023 at 6:52 PM, BP1960 said:

After recommendations from posters on this board I took a look at FC United's 25 goal centre forward Regan Linney today.

A big strong lad he's certainly a handful, very quick and never gave up pressurising defenders. 

Bit of a short fuse at times though.

in conclusion I actually prefer him to our recent striker signings.

Signed for Altrincham...

37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Shame that

This is the frustration of scouting when they go elsewhere.

I chatted to the Altrincham scout at the FC United match last week, he gave me a tip of a lad on loan from Fleetwood at Hyde United called Will Russ, don't know if anyone on here has seen him yet? I believe Hyde have a few players doing well.

Edited by BP1960

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

This is the frustration of scouting when they go elsewhere.

I chatted to the Altrincham scout at the FC United match last week, he gave me a tip of a lad on loan from Fleetwood at Hyde United called Will Russ, don't know if anyone on here has seen him yet? I believe Hyde have a few players doing well.

What’s the Altrincham scouting set up like BP1960? They seem to be doing pretty well with their recruitment recently…

5 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

What’s the Altrincham scouting set up like BP1960? They seem to be doing pretty well with their recruitment recently…

The "doing well" bit is probably more about the club and manager selling the dream. I'm not sure if Unsworth has learned that particular black art just yet.

11 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Willing to take a chance on those deemed 'trouble' would be my guess.

Colclough - alleged assaults / getting into bother on nights out

Linney - convicted drug dealer.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

52 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

The scout I spoke to was probably as old as me, a nice guy on the same wavelength.

They've made some good signings no doubt about it.

I didn't mention any of my recommendations, although he did pass one on to me I hope the club can follow up on.

Incidentally, I understand Altrincham have a first team squad of 22 players, quite a few of them on loan.

Edited by BP1960

21 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Willing to take a chance on those deemed 'trouble' would be my guess.

Colclough - alleged assaults / getting into bother on nights out

Linney - convicted drug dealer.

Yes, despite ability it is something to take into account.

I pass on reports on their performances on field, but mention backgrounds as well. I hope they can do well if given a second chance, no matter the club.