MATCH: vs FC Halifax Town (A) 29/10/22 (17.20 KO)

The big questions:

1. ”Will we see a reaction (to the Tuesday performance) in the team selection?”

2. ”Will the players who start the game step up and play with energy, drive and desire?”

The big answers:

1. Given that we haven’t brought in anyone, it’s down to which of the current squad are available. Is Hope ready to be on the bench?
What is the injury status of Clark, Carragher, Porter, Gardner… and will he go with Vaughan and Carty from the off? (*)

2. <shrugs shoulders and grimaces>

(*) not really an answer in that the response just raised more questions 👀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Careca9 said:

Yep will be interesting to see the reaction of the players after his interview, the selection and tactics. Surely he won’t go for another 0-0 as it’s apparent we can’t keep a clean sheet no matter how many he puts back there. 

Clarke is fit to play so I thinks the formation will be as is.😐

35 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

yeah, I said that after Woking, after Bromley and again after Maidenhead!

He’ll more likely be thinking “mustn’t lose this one”…so 7 at the back it is

This, he's hardly going to feel liberated after Tuesday nights debacle and will go all out not to lose.

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

yeah, I said that after Woking, after Bromley and again after Maidenhead!

He’ll more likely be thinking “mustn’t lose this one”…so 7 at the back it is

He said in today's Oldham Times 532 is his best option with the players he has, but can someone tell him that shouldn't mean a back 8.

Edited by BP1960

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He said in today's Oldham Times 532 is his best option with the players he has, but can someone tell him that shouldn't mean a back 8.

That's definitely 8 at the back then, Fondop on his jack jones up front and Tollitt further left than a political wing. Don't forget about a footballers I.Q. If brains were gunpowder most of them  wouldn't have enough to blow the gaiters off a battle dress budgie so stick to 4-4-2 a system most of them can cope with.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

That's definitely 8 at the back then, Fondop on his jack jones up front and Tollitt further left than a political wing. Don't forget about a footballers I.Q. If brains were gunpowder most of them  wouldn't have enough to blow the gaiters off a battle dress budgie so stick to 4-4-2 a system most of them can cope with.

442 with who playing on the wings? We haven't got 2 wingers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Yep will be interesting to see the reaction of the players after his interview, the selection and tactics. Surely he won’t go for another 0-0 as it’s apparent we can’t keep a clean sheet no matter how many he puts back there. 

I don't think he actually went for a 0-0. He said we played crap but should have been able to come away with one

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C.O.JONES said:

You don't play wingers with 4-4-2, you play wingers in 4-2-4 like Joe Royle used to do.

I really don’t get it….there’s far too much emphasis placed on this formation bollocks, 442, 424, 433, 352, 4231, 4312.  I expect any team would play almost all of those formations at any given time throughout the course of a game of football depending on the opposition!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I really don’t get it….there’s far too much emphasis placed on this formation bollocks, 442, 424, 433, 352, 4231, 4312.  I expect any team would play almost all of those formations at any given time throughout the course of a game of football depending on the opposition!!

Quite. The intent is more important than the formation.  Wrexham play 3 at the back with wingbacks I think and doesn't seem to be doing them any harm.  All we need to do is triple our wage budget and get those sort of players in! Someone should tell Frank...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Well, wide men then. Still want someone who can beat a man and cross a ball

The old fashioned wingers still have a place in the game. 

Was it Neppomaceno who got to the byline and crossed for Lang at Fulham? 

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He got quite a few assists. Loads called him shit though because he wasn't a great left back...

Standard. 

As I winger, I quite liked him in the context of our recruitment strategy of the time..