National League Thread

2 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Big loss for Rochdale, Wolves have recalled Louie Moulden and sent him to Northampton.

He'd been playing out of his skin for them and had 5 assists. Not bad for a keeper.

Paul's son 

6 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Could both have been Latics players though Banks was a lazy bustard.

Of course you must be lazy bustard if the team you play for is romping away with this league.

Maybe that is why he was always getting the bird from Latics fans when he was here.

Edited by whittles left foot

As much as I don't like to see Chesterfield winning in general, it's a great result for us last night.

Is there talk of interest from EFL clubs in Conn-Clarke this window?

Alty are away at Southend on Saturday, a draw there would be decent and if we can get a win that'd be us up to 5th.

32 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Hopefully the addition of Conlon will enable us to play better through the middle now.

Not if he plays in front of the back 4 (a libero role more suited to Dan Gardner these days) like when he came on against Hendon.

I'd hope MM plays him in the opposition half prompting, probing and scoring spectacular goals as reported in training.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not if he plays in front of the back 4 (a libero role more suited to Dan Gardner these days) like when he came on against Hendon.

I'd hope MM plays him in the opposition half prompting, probing and scoring spectacular goals as reported in training.

Well yes.

My guess is 10 mins against Hendon will not be indicative of how MM intends to play him but we shall see.

10 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Well yes.

My guess is 10 mins against Hendon will not be indicative of how MM intends to play him but we shall see.

Hope so, just thought it strange when we needed forward momentum he played so deep.

I must say I like  Walker and similar on the right flank would be great to see.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Hope so, just thought it strange when we needed forward momentum he played so deep.

I must say I like  Walker and similar on the right flank would be great to see.

It's what good footballers do unfortunately,  they go looking for the ball and unfortunately when you have a back line as deep as ours who wont squeeze up the pitch it's difficult to get anything going. Norwood does similar hoping to make something happen, it's done with good intentions but takes away what they are in there for.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Bromley draw, Aldershot and Gateshead lose. Decent set of results today.

Yeah not bad at all, Bromley still look too far ahead of us but stranger things have happened. It's weird to be feeling so positive after all that has happened, we are not playing well but the recent signings have really given me hope. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

I watched the Kidderminter Aldershot game. Kidderminster battered them.

They also missed a pen.

I’m mystified why Aldershot are anywhere near the top half, let alone the play-offs. They’ve been rinsed 5-1 at our spot, 6-1 at Bishop Stortford, 4-1 at Chesterfield and 5-3 at home to Eastleigh. 

this division, man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I’m mystified why Aldershot are anywhere near the top half, let alone the play-offs. They’ve been rinsed 5-1 at our spot, 6-1 at Bishop Stortford, 4-1 at Chesterfield and 5-3 at home to Eastleigh. 

this division, man.

By David Unsworth's all-stars, no less...who also drew at run-away leaders Chesterfield.

This division is an enigma.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Yeah not bad at all, Bromley still look too far ahead of us but stranger things have happened. It's weird to be feeling so positive after all that has happened, we are not playing well but the recent signings have really given me hope. 

Went to the Bromley game. Two very average sides. Bromley have done brilliantly to be where they are but a good chance they will fade as the squad isn’t massive. We need to target 2nd. 

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Not really. They have 51 points to play for, we have 57. IF we win our 2 games in hand we’ll be 9 points behind them. All to play for.

6 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

this division, man.

4-1 at Barnet

1-4 home to Ebbsfleet.

Indeed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Went to the Bromley game. Two very average sides. Bromley have done brilliantly to be where they are but a good chance they will fade as the squad isn’t massive. We need to target 2nd. 

It's the same with Gateshead and Aldershot. Not sure on Barnet.

We have strengthened in key areas so we have momentum +.

Chesterfield are due a bad run.

Probably not enough to catch them, but second is more than doable if we pick up home form.

Edited by L1onheartNew

12 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

I watched the Kidderminter Aldershot game. Kidderminster battered them.

They also missed a pen.

Watched the Dorking Gateshead game this afternoon. (I have learned that if you stay logged in, then back out to the streamed matches, you can watch whatever you want). Gateshead are gone. They played like we did under DU. Caught a bit of the Bromley game too. Lots of huff and puff from both sides; very Sunday League.

Got a strange feeling that Norwood is about to go on a massive scoring run.