Timmy Abraham Signs (Again)

I've hidden the entire thread because people remain incapable of debating the post not the poster. You're fucking adults - stop bickering like you're 7!

You can use this one for chat about Timmy's arrival, which should be a positive and optimistic place, given his performance.

43 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Rule 15 (i) (1) means that Walsall would need to confirm his availability or otherwise by noon on Friday

Boo!

In all Rounds of the Competition a player shall be a “registered player” of his Club under the Rules of the Competition.
(i) (i) A “registered player” is one who is either, in the case of a player under written contract, registered with The Association or, in the case of a player without a written

contract, registered with a League in which his Club competes in the current season. Any such registration must have been received and accepted by The Association or League by 12 noon on the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round, and the registration must be continuous through to the date of the match. .

Not sure I understand this fully…

24 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Boo!

In all Rounds of the Competition a player shall be a “registered player” of his Club under the Rules of the Competition.
(i) (i) A “registered player” is one who is either, in the case of a player under written contract, registered with The Association or, in the case of a player without a written

contract, registered with a League in which his Club competes in the current season. Any such registration must have been received and accepted by The Association or League by 12 noon on the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round, and the registration must be continuous through to the date of the match. .

Not sure I understand this fully…

I think it makes that a loanee can have his registration for the comp temporarily withdrawn - hence the need for it to be continuous

OAFC1955 is correct. FA Cup permission can be included in a loan agreement or not. A loanee's registration transfers to the club taking on loan and then transfers back automatically to his parent club upon termination/expiry of the loan. We would need permission to use the player in the FA Cup by noon on Friday if we don't have it as part of the loan agreement.

Christmas is coming.....

Once, a wonderful football club called Pine Villa fell into the hands of a nasty, selfish, horrible man, called Albert-Lemon Scrooge. The club wanted to sign a young player, Tiny Tim, who was unwanted and doomed by a club in the Black Country. Then the ghost of Christmas past (called Joe), present (called PTB and friends) and future (called fuck-knows) scared horrible Albert. He left and good old Uncle Frank took over Pine Villa (a massive club in the Oldham area, even bigger than Avro, strangely named after a fascist) and then saved Tiny Tim from the Black Country and all lived happily ever after

Come on Tim, you signed for the wrong club in the summer. We'll launch your career good and proper, and we'll get you a nice goose. Ooh ahh misses. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Anyone watching Canada v Belgium? Fabulous entertainment from Canada who’s attack appears to be entirely made of Timmy Abraham clones…..total commitment with pace, energy and endeavour and………absolutely zero end product 🤣🤣🤣

De Bruyne is apparently the best midfielder in the world, the rest must be fucking awful because he is bang average in this game. 

43 minutes ago, disjointed said:

De Bruyne is apparently the best midfielder in the world, the rest must be fucking awful because he is bang average in this game. 

I really hope Southgate is watching all these games and realising we just have to play like we can and attack….I can see us playing Belgium in a knock out game and setting up to contain them :( 

Fair play to Canada, they won’t score if the match carries on until next Tuesday but they are totally unafraid of Belgium 

Interesting game, and I'm surprised it was lack of cutting edge that did us. I knew we'd play with no fear, but we can be a bit clumsy and reckless at the back (you'll have seen some of that) but we're a decent attacking side and David, Larin and some others are good goalscorers who play in good European teams. I would have liked to see Hoilett or David take that penalty

10 hours ago, marhar said:

Interesting game, and I'm surprised it was lack of cutting edge that did us. I knew we'd play with no fear, but we can be a bit clumsy and reckless at the back (you'll have seen some of that) but we're a decent attacking side and David, Larin and some others are good goalscorers who play in good European teams. I would have liked to see Hoilett or David take that penalty

I enjoyed the game, most of my family are Canadian. Just lacked that bit of quality in the final third.  No one would have argued if they’d won 3.1👍👍

Archived