Unsworth

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Yes, Rooney has been torrid. But then so have Norman, Gardner, Sheron, Maynard....

Yep, but I just don’t get the Norman hate ffs, he is a thoroughly competent keeper for this level.

He did well to save the free kick and pushed it wide which is all he could do, it was the slugs around him that were at fault.
The other I think 2nd goal should have been put in the stands by Hogan who on the day was generally ball watching!!!

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Yep, but I just don’t Norman hate ffs, he is a thoroughly competent keeper for this level.

He did well to save the free kick and pushed it wide which is all he could do, it was the slugs around him that were at fault.
The other I think 2nd goal should have been put in the stands by Hogan who on the day was generally ball watching!!!

They won't give up on the Norman hate, strange when other clubs are enquiring about him, at the same time golden boy Leutwiler can't even catch the bench anymore never mind attract interest from others who could have him for nothing.

41 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

They should be all assets for whoever the next manager is.

Using this argument if they are all playing within themselves that applies to everyone, doesn't it? Not just the recent signings who you'd think would be pulling out their tripe to keep the manager in a job?

28 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Yep, but I just don’t Norman hate ffs, he is a thoroughly competent keeper for this level.

theres one Hogan leaves but l think Norman calls for it slides out but fumbles it to the striker who scores.

l like him tho.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Using this argument if they are all playing within themselves that applies to everyone, doesn't it? Not just the recent signings who you'd think would be pulling out their tripe to keep the manager in a job?

Wouldn't say Sheri's boys are playing with themselves, with the possible exception of Tollitt they are truly awful.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They won't give up on the Norman hate, strange when other clubs are enquiring about him, at the same time golden boy Leutwiler can't even catch the bench anymore never mind attract interest from others who could have him for nothing.

I am happy with Norman as our keeper, he has the odd mistake in him, but Leutweiler is a full on liability. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Wouldn't say Sheri's boys are playing with themselves, with the possible exception of Tollitt they are truly awful.

So it's the players fault now and not the manager?, make your mind up Rob.

Remarkably Unsworths signings are doing worse, but it's all still Shez fault.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

On this basis, When and not If...... he's fired off

They'll all get that chip off their collective shoulder and get us to atleast mid-table,

Going on a decent run after the event, will endorse this theory.

• Like 1

Just now, Littlemoor Lad said:

They'll all get that chip off their collective shoulder and get us to atleast mid-table,

Going on a decent run after the event, will endorse this theory.

Agreed, hopefully they won't leave it too late as they did last season when appointing Selim instead of placing a proper manager in charge.

• Like 1

Just now, yarddog73 said:

So it's the players fault now and not the manager?, make your mind up Rob.

The manager quite rightly identified early on that the squad of players he inherited was nowhere near good enough. Unfortunately he and his team haven't been able to arrest the slide whilst trying to make the necessary improvements to the playing squad.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Agreed, hopefully they won't leave it too late as they did last season when appointing Selim instead of placing a proper manager in charge.

I find it crazy we're all still debating this

Should have all been dealt with back in November, enough was enough then and it's even worse now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The manager quite rightly identified early on that the squad of players he inherited was nowhere near good enough. Unfortunately he and his team haven't been able to arrest the slide whilst trying to make the necessary improvements to the playing squad.

Listen to his interview on IFollow when he was unveiled (comedy gold by the way) when he pretty much says the opposite after watching us incognito all season from the Main Stand, as for not arresting the slide that is pretty much his own doing given the players have stopped playing for him due to his weird behaviour in post match interviews when he's blamed everyone bar himself, he knows that now but looks even more of a cunt trying to kiss the players arses despite 75% of them not even bothering to try at Notts, it's a mess he created himself which has caused terminal damage as the players dont trust him and play like they don't respect or like him.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Listen to his interview on IFollow when he was unveiled (comedy gold by the way) when he pretty much says the opposite after watching us incognito all season from the Main Stand, as for not arresting the slide that is pretty much his own doing given the players have stopped playing for him given his weird behaviour in post match interviews when he's blamed everyone bar himself, he knows that now but looks even more of a cunt trying to kiss the players arses despite 75% of them not even bothering to try at Notts, it's a mess he created himself which has caused terminal damage as the players dont trust him and play like they don't respect or like him.

His first interview is just regulation new manager stuff, wouldn't disagree with anything else you've said.

There are a number of players in the squad now who have clearly achieved things, been winners, accomplished etc, so how can these sane players suddenly be failing, not performing altogether at the same time. This points towards a problem with tactics and coaching I would guess, ie the current management setup 

49 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

This mid table stuff is fantasy for me.

Even if they sack him after Sunday- any new manager still has to win at least 8 games from the remaining 24 to have any chance of staying up. With a side bereft of confidence, and unbelievably (given a squad of 156) still missing players in key positions. 

All that matters now is 5th bottom. 

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

And he quite wrongly went public with that opinion.

11 points from 9 games isn't a slide, Unsworth's 9 points from 13 league games is certainly a slide.

Unsworth is proving that he can't manage with someone else's squad, nor that he can manage with his own squad of "fine" players.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

This mid table stuff is fantasy for me.

Even if they sack him after Sunday- any new manager still has to win at least 8 games from the remaining 24 to have any chance of staying up. With a side bereft of confidence, and unbelievably (given a squad of 156) still missing players in key positions. 

All that matters now is 5th bottom. 

Right now, I'd take staying in the division but really???

Was this the great dream we all craved, when we were lucky enough to get our club back in safe hands?

You can't make it up!

2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Was this the great dream we all craved, when we were lucky enough to get our club back in safe hands?

You can't make it up!

Oh, it’s absolutely dire. No doubt about it. But it’s up to the board to change it, before dire becomes unthinkable. . which is already staring us in the face. 

13 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

You can't make it up!

you do know that this isnt the last ever season for the club, right?

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Oh, it’s absolutely dire. No doubt about it. But it’s up to the board to change it, before dire becomes unthinkable. . which is already staring us in the face. 

Just hope they have the courage of their convictions before the damage done by this man becomes irreparable 

• Like 1