Unsworth

With the backing he's had our milkman could have done better.

I feel sorry for Reid being restricted.

Our next two games will show if we have the team cohesion to put up a fight.

Fed up of his same old story post match interviews and stroking his beard in disbelief.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I liked his post match comments v Peterborough - the team last night were just ‘thrown together’. Great management Dave.

That was bizarre - only two changes!  I suppose having a ten day gap between games could be looked at as not ideal or, more positively, a chance to do more planning.  It was 13 days since PS played...

Yep DU is sounding more bizarre/farcical/clueless every time he talks now. Yet people see something in him as a manager, which I have yet to have even have the slightest glimpse of. It's beginning to pan out like that old tale of illusion and self-deception, "The Emperor's New Clothes". 

Have a read.

The Royles appointed Unsworth clearly and it was based on friendship and trust. The real test will be if they have to appoint another soon. How much experience does DR have in appointing managers? The next one if it becomes necessary could be the most important in the clubs history.

16 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Eh?

No idea. I thought he was a recommendation of Steve Thompson?

Unsworth said when we signed Reid on 22.11.22 :

"We’ve been chasing Alex for a while, we’ve been watching him for a while and I’m delighted to finally get him."

Thompson was only appointed two weeks earlier...

Is it just me who finds all this trawling through his interview transcripts looking for slight historical inaccuracies a bit weird? There's enough on the pitch to be critical of, I don't get the need to look for gotchas in his interviews as if it betrays some sort of underhanded scheming to dupe us all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Is it just me who finds all this trawling through his interview transcripts looking for slight historical inaccuracies a bit weird? There's enough on the pitch to be critical of, I don't get the need to look for gotchas in his interviews as if it betrays some sort of underhanded scheming to dupe us all.

Aye. 

You don’t have to be a detective to know he contradicts himself on an almost weekly basis. But people only highlight it because of his tactics, team selections, and poor results. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I didn’t go trawling. I just listened to his post match interview on the official site. And I found it a bit weird when he commented that last nights team were just thrown together. It’s his job to pick the team. And he selected pretty much the same players as usual.

The only argument I've seen is keeping him now is the "we can't keep changing managers" view from parts of the fanbase. He's been shocking. Absolutely shocking. I thought Sheridan was bad but, goodness me, this is a whole new level of shite, despite being given everything he wants from the owners.

His comments about it taking Notts 4 years to be where they are is quite baffling too. They have finished in the playoffs every year since their relegation to the NL...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The only argument I've seen is keeping him now is the "we can't keep changing managers" view from parts of the fanbase. He's been shocking. Absolutely shocking. I thought Sheridan was bad but, goodness me, this is a whole new level of shite, despite being given everything he wants from the owners.

His comments about it taking Notts 4 years to be where they are is quite baffling too. They have finished in the playoffs every year since their relegation to the NL...

Paddy, have you been pushed to getting rid of him now ? You had previously been indifferent. If so, please can you tell Dave and Matt on the phone in / pod that it’s panic stations time. There is nothing zen about losing every week, and to stop being swayed by doing an interview with the manager. He’s shite, he’s a fraud and he comes across as a dick. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

l've moved into the space youve just left. l'm not pissboiling like a sad cunt on twitter, but l won't be bothered if he goes. still want him to succeed, partly bc of the perpetually angry whinge brigade we carry around with us. however, he was clearly referring to Football they play and the direction the club is facing, than the fact they are four points clear at the actual top of the league on made up new years day. you can posit valid points quite easily so theres no need to play 'baffled' bc you clearly aren't.

20 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Paddy, have you been pushed to getting rid of him now ? You had previously been indifferent. If so, please can you tell Dave and Matt on the phone in / pod that it’s panic stations time. There is nothing zen about losing every week, and to stop being swayed by doing an interview with the manager. He’s shite, he’s a fraud and he comes across as a dick. 

1. tell them yourself!!!!

2. l think he has been anyway.

• Like 1

Even when we won against Torquay, I could see major flaws in how the team was set up. Huge gaps in the defence and midfield appeared at various points of the game. All throughout his tenure here, it has been so easy for opposing sides just to walk right through us. There's nothing wrong with acquiring firepower and improving attacking options. However, when there's no structure, stability, and tactical awareness, then it's absolutely pointless having those options. 

I don't see where Fondop or Abraham fits into this team anymore. Mind you, I don't understand where any of the attacking players fit. I don't understand what Unsworth is doing with them. 

Unsworth is weird, clueless, out of his depth, and doesn't seem bothered about forming a bond with the fans. I know some people don't think he owes the fans anything, but I think it counts for a lot.

I can't see us going on a winning streak or an unbeaten run, with him in charge. That is what we need to get out of the mess we're in. Get someone else in. This guy really hasn't got a clue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Yep, I'd part ways with him now. Put Jeffers in caretaker charge and invite applicants for the role and pick the best one from there. There would be hundreds of applicants, we are a big pull - especially since the new owners came in.

They won't sack him though...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep, I'd part ways with him now. Put Jeffers in caretaker charge and invite applicants for the role and pick the best one from there. There would be hundreds of applicants, we are a big pull - especially since the new owners came in.

They won't sack him though...

Why Jeffers?