Unsworth

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep, I'd part ways with him now. Put Jeffers in caretaker charge and invite applicants for the role and pick the best one from there. There would be hundreds of applicants, we are a big pull - especially since the new owners came in.

They won't sack him though...

I feel Jeffers and Ebbrell come part of the package with Rhino. As you say, no one else to do it. 

There is being patient with a manager and giving him time whilst you can see progress (albeit not in the results) and there is being plain stupid and irresponsible. If Unsworth is still here by the time we play Dorking away on the 7th January the board or the person responsible for appointing the manager needs to be answering serious questions, the first being what can you see that 98% of the fanbase can't? Or is it a case of sticking with him because we can't keep sacking managers? If you've got the wrong man that is not a reason to stick. Or are they just being loyal to their mate? Anyone can make a mistake appointing the wrong man but allowing it to continue makes that person just as culpable as Unsworth and he should go as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PeteG said:

There is being patient with a manager and giving him time whilst you can see progress (albeit not in the results) and there is being plain stupid and irresponsible. If Unsworth is still here by the time we play Dorking away on the 7th January the board or the person responsible for appointing the manager needs to be answering serious questions, the first being what can you see that 98% of the fanbase can't? Or is it a case of sticking with him because we can't keep sacking managers? If you've got the wrong man that is not a reason to stick. Or are they just being loyal to their mate? Anyone can make a mistake appointing the wrong man but allowing it to continue makes that person just as culpable as Unsworth and he should go as well.

In an absolute first- I totally agree.

My focus is firmly on the board now, no manager is beyond results. 

• Like 1

Unsworth must have had the longest honeymoon period of any manager in history. He came in with everyone's backing, albeit after a very poor selection process that looked amateurish, and not something that befits a multi-million pound business run by a a sensible local man.

Unsworth record so far is shockingly bad,  5 months in, and after wheeling and dealing lots and lots of players, we have made zero improvements on the pitch. In fact we actually look worse now than we did when the manager took over.

He swops, drops and chops different players at will. Signs new players then doesn't play them. Players come and go, with never a word as to why, did they not fit the bill, did they have a bad attitude, did their parent clubs end the agreements, or was it some other reason ? I would feel easier about the comings and goings if I actually knew what was going on.

And on the pitch, nothing changes no matter who plays, and in what position, we look just as inept week in and week out. We have no fluidity from the back to midfield, and simply no connection from midfield to forward players. Since the manager came in the only pattern of our play that is consistent, is that we just keep playing the same way, and it's simply not good enough. 

In every game this season, which includes 2 against lower league opposition ( both of which we won via the lottery of penalty shoot outs ) we have been overrun in midfield, and outplayed all over the pitch. We look really really poor, and can any of us see where the next win is going to come from ?

It's not bad luck, it's bad management.  From Unsworth upwards we have made very poor decisions. Someone must stand up and accept that fact.

Who would have thought that after the euphoria of the Dorking game, and the whole town alive and backing the new owners and the team that 5 months on crowds would have dwindled, and we would have so much unrest and fear of yet another relegation. Something needs to change quickly. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Unsworth must have had the longest honeymoon period of any manager in history. He came in with everyone's backing, albeit after a very poor selection process that looked amateurish, and not something that befits a multi-million pound business run by a a sensible local man.

Unsworth record so far is shockingly bad,  5 months in, and after wheeling and dealing lots and lots of players, we have made zero improvements on the pitch. In fact we actually look worse now than we did when the manager took over.

He swops, drops and chops different players at will. Signs new players then doesn't play them. Players come and go, with never a word as to why, did they not fit the bill, did they have a bad attitude, did their parent clubs end the agreements, or was it some other reason ? I would feel easier about the comings and goings if I actually knew what was going on.

And on the pitch, nothing changes no matter who plays, and in what position, we look just as inept week in and week out. We have no fluidity from the back to midfield, and simply no connection from midfield to forward players. Since the manager came in the only pattern of our play that is consistent, is that we just keep playing the same way, and it's simply not good enough. 

In every game this season, which includes 2 against lower league opposition ( both of which we won via the lottery of penalty shoot outs ) we have been overrun in midfield, and outplayed all over the pitch. We look really really poor, and can any of us see where the next win is going to come from ?

It's not bad luck, it's bad management.  From Unsworth upwards we have made very poor decisions. Someone must stand up and accept that fact.

Who would have thought that after the euphoria of the Dorking game, and the whole town alive and backing the new owners and the team that 5 months on crowds would have dwindled, and we would have so much unrest and fear of yet another relegation. Something needs to change quickly. 

Did you write this from your TARDIS in February?

Hes been here 3 months

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

Good old saying about not putting  pride before a fall.

He should walk out now and rip the contract up if he had any honour.

He's lost the plot and our loyal fans support.

I would have thought more about him if he came over to the away support and clapped them  even from a safe distance rather than stroke his beard and walk down the tunnel .

Frank must be thinking what have I let myself in for.Our new fans must be thinking the same and will soon drift away.

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Flemboy said:

Good old saying about not putting  pride before a fall.

He should walk out now and rip the contract up if he had any honour.

He's lost the plot and our loyal fans support.

I would have thought more about him if he came over to the away support and clapped them clapped them even from a safe distance rather than stroke his beard and walk down the tunnel .

Frank must be thinking what have I let myself in for.Our new fans must be thinking the same and will soon drift away.

Agreed and if he thought anything of the Royles he'd say to them, "thanks for the opportunity, but it's not working and I don't want to put you in an awkward position so i'm resigning"

• Like 2

Having been told that the plan for the club includes the possibility of a relegation this season I'm not surprised that there appears to be a complete lack of concern with the results Rhino is getting.  It's like a work in progress to a way of playing but even the players brought in the last three months don't seem to get what he wants.

His latest interview is either all bluff or from someone confident of his position.

The sensible positive steps the club is making off the field are in complete contrast to inexplicable unbelievable mess on the field.

What a wonderful December with Southgate squandering the best group of players we have ever had and then being begged to carry on and Unsworth failing spectacularly with a group of players who I'm sure are good enough to be mid table.  Southgate only fails against the best but Unsworth only fails.

16 minutes ago, old codger said:

Having been told that the plan for the club includes the possibility of a relegation this season I'm not surprised that there appears to be a complete lack of concern with the results Rhino is getting.  It's like a work in progress to a way of playing but even the players brought in the last three months don't seem to get what he wants.

His latest interview is either all bluff or from someone confident of his position.

The sensible positive steps the club is making off the field are in complete contrast to inexplicable unbelievable mess on the field.

What a wonderful December with Southgate squandering the best group of players we have ever had and then being begged to carry on and Unsworth failing spectacularly with a group of players who I'm sure are good enough to be mid table.  Southgate only fails against the best but Unsworth only fails.

Even our rare home wins have been lucky ones

22 minutes ago, old codger said:

The plan includes the possibility of relegation? WTF? Wish they had told us before we all purchased season tickets in numbers that haven't been seen in years. I take it back, the CEO and Unsworth are doing a fantastic job if that was the plan.

11 minutes ago, PeteG said:

The plan includes the possibility of relegation? WTF? Wish they had told us before we all purchased season tickets in numbers that haven't been seen in years. I take it back, the CEO and Unsworth are doing a fantastic job if that was the plan.

Every sensible plan has bad case scenarios. That's not the same as planning for them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Incredible that there doesn't seem to be any focus on the players and just how bad some of them have been. The lack of desire and game management is staggering.

I've mentioned this a few times but been told that the players aren't responsible for their decisions on the pitch, its all Unsworth

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Every sensible plan has bad case scenarios. That's not the same as planning for them

Relegation has been touted as a good thing by a few before our last 2. People saying it would rejuvenate the club 🤣

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Even in our worst case scenario we shouldn't even be contemplating relegation given the money that's being pumped in, would that be the same again next season then? Ludicrous if true.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Even in our worst case scenario we shouldn't even be contemplating relegation given the money that's being pumped in, would that be the same again next season then? Ludicrous if true.

Not really. Most clubs have to plan for different scenarios well in advance of the end of the season (although doing it now seems too early). It would be stupid to not to so. We should have a type of risk register that would be updated at regular intervals. 

Managed to brace myself and listened to his post match in full just now.

As I feared before the game, he's too busy saying how good the opposition are to look at ourselves in the mirror.

Its a really odd set of comments bigging up the opposition considering we're playing them again in a few days. Effectively admitting we can't compete with them, proclaiming them a better side. Very odd motivation technique.

As someone said on twitter, reminded me of this...

https://youtu.be/UpWUaRtZ-JU

Edited by LaticsLegend

Just me observation but I very much doubt the board are even contemplating relegation.  When DU was signed, we wasn’t in relegation but clearly needed the change from Shez.  The signing of DU was to push on and climb the table, not drop further down the table and battle relegation let alone going down!

To consider relegation as a gamble in keeping DU is madness.  With this squad and especially if it’s true that we’ve signed Ryan Colclough then this side should be battling playoffs.  If DU cannot get a win on Jan 1st including Colclough then he needs to walk at the final whistle.

I think there’s enough “quality” within the squad now to put us top half of the table. Promotion winners, ex football league players, plenty of pedigree etc. After watching the last 6-7 games and the way we are set up it’s been obvious for some time that the tactics are not helping one bit. Investing in two prolific strikers then leaving one on the bench yesterday against the top of the league says it all for me about the management 

7 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Managed to brace myself and listened to his post match in full just now.

As I feared before the game, he's too busy saying how good the opposition are to look at ourselves in the mirror.

Its a really odd set of comments bigging up the opposition considering we're playing them again in a few days. Effectively admitting we can't compete with them, proclaiming them a better side. Very odd motivation technique.

As someone said on twitter, reminded me of this...

https://youtu.be/UpWUaRtZ-JU

Its the rats fault 

6 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

If DU cannot get a win on Jan 1st including Colclough then he needs to walk at the final whistle.

Give over man!!! I’m far from happy myself but to expect a win against the best team in the league and if not say his current employment should be terminated is just plain silly….you may as well just sack him now!!