Unsworth

I know if we bring in another striker on top of Nuttall then we probably need to let one or 2 go but i find it odd that the rumour on the podcast was that Fondop and Hope maybe on the way out. Wouldn't it be better to start getting rid of players who are nowhere near the matchday squad rather than Hope who I think has started virtually every game since returning from his injury or Fondop who has done quite well when he's been given a chance.

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

I know if we bring in another striker on top of Nuttall then we probably need to let one or 2 go but i find it odd that the rumour on the podcast was that Fondop and Hope maybe on the way out. Wouldn't it be better to start getting rid of players who are nowhere near the matchday squad rather than Hope who I think has started virtually every game since returning from his injury or Fondop who has done quite well when he's been given a chance.

Probably the only ones who have clubs willing to take them off our hands.

10 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Probably the only ones who have clubs willing to take them off our hands.

There is that. Fondop might be used in a swap deal if rumours are to be believed. Wondering if there is any truth in the Hope to Hartlepool deal if we are going to release him from his contract in order to facilitate the deal now or will they have to wait 3 weeks to the transfer window? Does make sense this one given Curle had him at Carlisle and was his number target in the summer of 2021 when he signed for us. Tbh, i'd gladly let Hope go, thinks he has been a major disappointment and i'm not one of these who is impressed by someone who runs about a lot.

50 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Interesting interview with DU after yesterdays game when asked about Peter Clarke making his 900th appearance and DU stated he had approached Clarke but he'd already committed to Walsall which suggests that was in the summer prior to the season and pretty much confirms the worst kept secret in football.

You buddies were still in charge of the football club when Peter Clarke signed for Walsall on 1st June...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, PeteG said:

He's binned 8 or so off on top of Fondop and Hope, hasn't he...?

39 minutes ago, PeteG said:

There is that. Fondop might be used in a swap deal if rumours are to be believed. Wondering if there is any truth in the Hope to Hartlepool deal if we are going to release him from his contract in order to facilitate the deal now or will they have to wait 3 weeks to the transfer window? Does make sense this one given Curle had him at Carlisle and was his number target in the summer of 2021 when he signed for us. Tbh, i'd gladly let Hope go, thinks he has been a major disappointment and i'm not one of these who is impressed by someone who runs about a lot.

I had heard that it's already sorted for Hope to join Hartlepool on 1st Jan... But if it was, would we have risked him yesterday?

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You buddies were still in charge of the football club when Peter Clarke signed for Walsall on 1st June...

And as you know, the deal was under way before then and as Unsworth said, Clarke had already committed to Walsall. Just strange that he was contacting players about potentially playing for him before he had a job.

16 minutes ago, PeteG said:

And as you know, the deal was under way before then and as Unsworth said, Clarke had already committed to Walsall. Just strange that he was contacting players about potentially playing for him before he had a job.

I see it as Unsworth was the man the Royle's picked and it was a case of getting the purchase sorted from the Brothers LemsaGrim, that might have held things up and why shez was effectively going for players he knew and that lived locally in case all went up in smoke.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know whether to post this on here or in the Peterborough match thread, but his use of Reid has been confusing to me. He said he had been watching him for a long time before he signed, and anyone who has ever watched him says that he can only play in a front two, yet Unsworth plays him either wide right or in the centre on his own...

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Didn't know whether to post this on here or in the Peterborough match thread, but his use of Reid has been confusing to me. He said he had been watching him for a long time before he signed, and anyone who has ever watched him says that he can only play in a front two, yet Unsworth plays him either wide right or in the centre on his own...

I agree, I'm not convinced at all about Reid being replaced by Fondop after 60 mins in the last couple of games when surely the best thing to do would be to play the two together?

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I can't believe he played one up front after all the spouting he has done re: formation and having avidly kept an eye on Reid. Nuttall is available for the next game and if he doesn't play Reid and Nuttall up front then he risks coming across as a pathological liar, therefore he should go immediately and let's get someone in who isn't schizophrenic. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He said similar about Nuttall.

Why would Everton's under 23's manager be watching Alex Reid and Joe Nuttall?

(Yes, this is a rhetorical question that I already know the answer to)

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

He said similar about Nuttall.

Why would Everton's under 23's manager be watching Alex Reid and Joe Nuttall?

(Yes, this is a rhetorical question that I already know the answer to)

Apart from Joe Nuttall played in PL2 for Blackburn against DU's Everton teams, scored 14 goals and was nominated for player of the season in 2017/18, so he has seen him before and will know a bit about him.....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Apart from Joe Nuttall played in PL2 for Blackburn against DU's Everton teams, scored 14 goals and was nominated for player of the season in 2017/18, so he has seen him before and will know a bit about him.....

You know and I know that an Everton u-23 manager with the riches at his disposal wouldn't have taken/needed to take a blind bit of notice of a Blackburn player let alone remembered one 5 years later as he was dragging a once proud club to it's third relegation in four years and probable oblivion. 

Edited by HarryBosch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I did post this about Reid in the PS match thread:

This is perplexing. He plays him up front on his own asking him to work tirelessly and then takes him off and then goes to two up top… why Dave, why?

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You know and I know that an Everton u-23 manager with the riches at his disposal wouldn't have taken/needed to take a blind bit of notice of a Blackburn player let alone remembered one 5 years later as he was dragging a once proud club to it's third relegation in four years and probable oblivion. 

Nah, if he played against his team twice, scored goals and was nominated for player of the year, he'd have taken notice of him.

We are not going down. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BPAS said:

Nah, if he played against his team twice, scored goals and was nominated for player of the year, he'd have taken notice of him.

We are not going down. :D

He didn't know which city Aston Villa were from not so long ago but fast forward and he now carries an encyclopaedic knowledge of random footballers from way back when? 🙅‍♂️ 😂