Unsworth

24 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I wasn't going to phone in as I've been on a few times before, but I felt some of Dave's tweets were quite provocative and, as I'd had a twitter exchange with him yesterday morning, I thought I'd go and give my views. There seems to be this view from Matt and Dave (who have definitely gone more defensive of the manager since meeting him) that you either boo at games or you're 100 percent behind them but many people I know are neither, myself included. Talk of their being a defeatist culture at the club doesn't wash with me either cos many of the staff and players here weren't here under the previous ownership.

He has to be under pressure, 1 in 15 is nowhere near acceptable and I genuinely feel that any of us could manage this team and get more than 1 win in 15 against these sides we are playing against. Still don't see him going anywhere for a long time yet and the weather will probably save him from a hostile environment on Sunday...

You spoke common sense to me. 

I did laugh when Matt said- 

And what happens when the next guy loses ten in a row?? 

Sack him. 😂😂

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Sack him. 😂😂

And it's something I stand by. If a manager loses ten in a row, they should be sacked. Similarly, if a manager wins 1 in 14 then he should be under huge pressure...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Sack him. 😂😂

But that's what should be done, find one who clicks for us and a bit like LJ let them earn a decent contract, any manager in the land with that record should be under pressure, Unsworth should be no different.

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

And it's something I stand by. If a manager loses ten in a row, they should be sacked. Similarly, if a manager wins 1 in 14 then he should be under huge pressure...

I didn’t laugh because you’re wrong. I just laughed because of the way said it that’s all. 

100% agree. No manager can be immune on a run like that. 

4 hours ago, BPAS said:

He's still critical of performances, he still thinks we should be seeing improvements (and accepts we've not been), he still questions the formation/substitutions, but he's reacting to some of the negativity by pointing out we all have a role to play if we want our club to do well. Supporter actions aren't without consequences too. We've been in fight mode for so long, it is many supporters' default setting. We no longer need to fight, so what do we do? Call for the manager's head, boo the players and sign Johnny Sheridan songs, or recognise the longer term thinking we've been crying our for is happening, get behind them and trust the owners/board to make the right decisions? That's all we're doing this week is debating that point.

Fair enough, he’s entitled to think whatever he wants. I don’t boo, shout abuse or anything, I voice my opinion on here. 

I understand what Matt was saying that we have sacked managers previously quickly and look where we are now, but you can’t continue to support 1 win in 14. That’s not panicking it’s logical. 

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Fair enough, he’s entitled to think whatever he wants. I don’t boo, shout abuse or anything, I voice my opinion on here. 

I understand what Matt was saying that we have sacked managers previously quickly and look where we are now, but you can’t continue to support 1 win in 14. That’s not panicking it’s logical. 

Yep, it’s not about knee jerk reactions, that points return is surely unprecedented, even for us and it’s taking us to another relegation without any doubt 

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Chucking good money after bad..

It's his money but, do you think it's a case of too many players or not the right ones? I envisage quite a few leaving or out on loan [whoever will have them] and hopefully, Unsworth playing two up front because if he doesn't, then can he please leave immediately! 

Unfortunately, we will have to wait to see what Nuttall can do.
Will that be the Gateshead game?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wardie said:

It's his money but, do you think it's a case of too many players or not the right ones? I envisage quite a few leaving or out on loan [whoever will have them] and hopefully, Unsworth playing two up front because if he doesn't, then can he please leave immediately! 

Unfortunately, we will have to wait to see what Nuttall can do.
Will that be the Gateshead game?

A bit of column A and bit of Column B.  

Unsworth's been backed a fair bit so far and yet there's still no improvement.  I'd also be asking Unsworth if I was Frank et al why he isn't making the players we had better (like Darren Royle said he should be aiming to do in the podcast).  Do we know where our top scorer is?  How long he's out for?  Will we even see him again??

You're right it is Frank's money, but (as I said some weeks ago!) I personally wouldn't give Unsworth a penny until there's some evidence he knows what he's doing. We've got a massive squad and Unsworth can't get eleven of them together to put a performance in.  

Chucking money at it in the blind faith it'll come good doesn't seem the smartest strategy in the world..

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 1

It seems there was a moment when their confidence in Unsworth was teetering on the brink but   it now looks like there has been a stay of execution.  My concern is that the 'plan' includes the possibility of relegation to the National League North.  I'm not sure I will be keeping the faith if that is the outcome come 29th April.

8 minutes ago, old codger said:

It seems there was a moment when their confidence in Unsworth was teetering on the brink but   it now looks like there has been a stay of execution.  My concern is that the 'plan' includes the possibility of relegation to the National League North.  I'm not sure I will be keeping the faith if that is the outcome come 29th April.

as long as it is a smokescreen type back the manager contingency type white lie/plan l'll put up with it for a few more hours until we start winning

On 12/10/2022 at 8:20 AM, JoeP said:

A bit of column A and bit of Column B.  

Unsworth's been backed a fair bit so far and yet there's still no improvement.  I'd also be asking Unsworth if I was Frank et al why he isn't making the players we had better (like Darren Royle said he should be aiming to do in the podcast).  Do we know where our top scorer is?  How long he's out for?  Will we even see him again??

You're right it is Frank's money, but (as I said some weeks ago!) I personally wouldn't give Unsworth a penny until there's some evidence he knows what he's doing. We've got a massive squad and Unsworth can't get eleven of them together to put a performance in.  

Chucking money at it in the blind faith it'll come good doesn't seem the smartest strategy in the world..

i think the rebuild was always required. The head of recruitment is there prob overseeing things so don’t think it’s a case of backing unsworth rather they know they need to rebuild. Hopefully the expectations on DU remains and if he can’t get the results they get someone who can 

• Like 1

Looking at the league table after yesterday a couple of wins now would propel us right out of the shit and still leave us with games in hand on both Gateshead & Torquay.

I think we need 4 points as an absolute minimum because anything at all from the Notts Co fixtures will be an unexpected bonus!

Interesting interview with DU after yesterdays game when asked about Peter Clarke making his 900th appearance and DU stated he had approached Clarke but he'd already committed to Walsall which suggests that was in the summer prior to the season and pretty much confirms the worst kept secret in football.

• Like 1