Unsworth

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Not long ago he was in the Oldham Chron saying the fans needs to back the players and club, we all need to pull in the same direction and work together, ect ect chatting bollocks. He’s marched out the stadium, crying, without a word to the fans. He’s so out of depth it’s untrue. He’s not managing kids anymore, he has to live by his decisions, not hide. 

There's no connection between Unsworth and the fans. I don't know if that's just me thinking it because of how close we were to Sheridan. 

Edited by AnthonyOAFC
  • Like 1

If he was a success I wouldn't care but this waste of space is just an arrogant bullshitter who loves to spend Frank's money in the hope that one day he may by chance and numbers get it right and claim it was all his brilliance. Personally I prefer  soneone  who has ability, feelings towards  our fans,can get the best out of the players at his disposal  and knows what he is talking about and shows some humility and accepts he has made massive mistakes.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He should get sacked for his treatment and use of Reid alone. 

Strangely of all the things this was my turning point.

He wants players in, he gets a player in (whether he wants him or not) who is known to score goals at this level when in a 2 man strikeforce.  He then starts him when the team is playing 1 central striker and immediately benches him whenever we go 2 up front.

I'm gutted for the board that they made a big commitment to a manager that had decent logic to it, all for it to backfire so spectacularly.  But he's shown many signs that he's not up to being a manager and could easily take us down.  Sooner or later the board will need to act.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He should get sacked for his treatment and use of Reid alone. 

I said a few weeks back that the treatment of Reid is what I find the most baffling. They signed him after watching him for a long time (Unsworth's words) and every other person I've heard from who has watched him has said he is good when part of a front two. We've either had him on his own up front, wide right or on the bench...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Matt said on the podcast a few weeks back, that he saw the directors after a game and said to them- that was shit wasn’t it, and they put on a positive  spin on it. (When it was clear it was dire)  I believe the board have their heads in the sand a bit over results and performance’s- because they’ve given hefty contacts with no interview process and on the recommendation of Joe. I think they’re hoping things will change, instead of having real confidence they will based on what they’re seeing. That isn’t good. How long is hope sustainable for??? 

Quite. 

No, they haven’t done anything wrong- they all clearly had/have best intentions. But those intentions have gone awry, (which happens) and they’re getting it wrong in not dealing with what is happening. 

No interview process. 

Watched games for weeks while Shez was in the job. 

DU stated that Joe being here was a massive factor. 

Frank needing to lean on Joe for advice. 

It’s clear as day he was hired on Joes recommendation. Fine, but there’s a problem then if it goes wrong. Do you really think Joe is going to stab Unsy in the back and say to Frank- It’s not working? Do you really think Darren is going to go against his dad, and say enough is enough. Does Frank want to upset Joe and Darren if/when he pulls the trigger. Nobody is intentionally fucking the club up. Nobody. Everyone has tried their best, but we are going backwards and somebody needs to grab it by the scruff of the neck. 

I don’t doubt that everyone involved has the best interests of the club at heart. I do doubt that they’ll make the right call at the right time in this one unique instance, because no manager should survive with 15% win ratio;  and yet- he’s still here. . why is that? Because they’re hoping based on no actual evidence. 

First of all, the problem I have with this reply is that most of it is assumption and guesswork that just so happens to support your criticism of their actions. One example being that they're "not dealing with what is happening". You're assuming the only way of dealing with it is to fire him now (or weeks ago when you first called for it). They might be very actively dealing with it in some way, just not in the specific way you want them to. .

Second of all, I've never been able to figure out how to split up a post quote like that and reply to each point in turn. 

Taking into consideration the tough times people are going through right now in terms of the cost of living, if Unsworth is still here next season, how many of our current season ticket holders will renew? I don't understand what kind of Football he wants to play. I don't understand the way he comes across. I just don't think he's the right man for the job. He seems way out of his depth, as shown by his team management, his interviews, and how much he tends to avoid post match interviews. 

Saying all that, a win against Southend would be superb.  

51 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

First of all, the problem I have with this reply is that most of it is assumption and guesswork that just so happens to support your criticism of their actions.

It usually is- for all of us. 

52 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

You're assuming the only way of dealing with it is to fire him now (or weeks ago when you first called for it). They might be very actively dealing with it in some way, just not in the specific way you want them to. .

You’re looking for nuance where there isn’t any. He’s either sacked or he isn’t. 

53 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Second of all, I've never been able to figure out how to split up a post quote like that and reply to each point in turn. 

Just copy the bit you want to reply to, and it comes up quote section. 👍🏻

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I don’t think Darren would, but Joe might ‘step back’ from things. 

If Joe can’t see we are in deep shit on the pitch he can take a step back for me. As a football man how he can stand back and do nowt when it’s clear Unsworth doesn’t have a bloody notion what he’s doing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fervid said:

If Joe can’t see we are in deep shit on the pitch he can take a step back for me. As a football man how he can stand back and do nowt when it’s clear Unsworth doesn’t have a bloody notion what he’s doing. 

Agreed.

But he’s known Unsy for years, and they are very close. Also it wouldn’t surprise me if he sees Joe as a mentor as well a good friend. 

Of course Joe will know we’re struggling- he’s not daft. But that’s different to going seeing Frank and saying something. That’s why I think Frank needs to risk upsetting Joe, because the club is bigger than any one person. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Unsworth is taking training today. Unsackable...

No-one is unsackable but they're certainly giving him more time than you could reasonably expect. If results aren't maintained/improved over the next 5/6 games they will have to act.

33 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It usually is- for all of us. 

You’re looking for nuance where there isn’t any. He’s either sacked or he isn’t. 

Just copy the bit you want to reply to, and it comes up quote section. 👍🏻

An example of possible nuance... they looked at the Nuttall signing as being a completion of a phase of recruitement so the squad should now be competitive. They've spoken to him and said you've got 10 games from that point to turn things around and start showing improvement or else we'll have to part ways.

That would be them dealing with it, just not in the way you want. But that's assumption and guesswork on my part.

Some of the anti Unsworth stuff on here is pathetic. 

Reid, he wanted him as 2nd or 3rd choice target. We then sign his number 1 target so he plays him. The idea he'd not be picking his best team for whatever reason is just bizarre. He has clearly fancied Fondop and Nutall so far. Both their goal returns suggest it's worked in the main.

He's still manager and we should all be now wanting a positive result on Saturday. I've seen fans wanting and glad we lost on Saturday, bellends.

• Like 1

Guest Stanley30
21 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Some of the anti Unsworth stuff on here is pathetic. 

Reid, he wanted him as 2nd or 3rd choice target. We then sign his number 1 target so he plays him. The idea he'd not be picking his best team for whatever reason is just bizarre. He has clearly fancied Fondop and Nutall so far. Both their goal returns suggest it's worked in the main.

He's still manager and we should all be now wanting a positive result on Saturday. I've seen fans wanting and glad we lost on Saturday, bellends.

The guys out of his depth and need binning off ASAP. Or the flip of it, let's ride it out and see how far we actually can fall

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

No-one is unsackable but they're certainly giving him more time than you could reasonably expect. If results aren't maintained/improved over the next 5/6 games they will have to act.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Best way for him to make a connection with the fans is to win some football matches...

In one way, the fact that the upper hierarchy is sticking with Unsworth, despite the very slow on pitch improvement, is admirable.

We often hear talk of ‘backing the manager’ and giving him ‘more time’  - one good recent example is how Forest stuck by Cooper despite their dreadful start to the season.

The question is though “How long is enough time?”

• Like 1

The reports that DU stormed out of the ground after the match on Saturday are astounding. I don't care particularly about whether he goes to the fans after a match win or lose and thanking them. He can head down the tunnel if he likes, up to him. But not to stay afterwards and speak to the players or front up to the media is unforgivable, barring some kind of home emergency that we don't know about. It's not leadership, which is sorely needed at the moment.

• Like 4