Unsworth

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Peter Wild would have been perfect for us THIS season - he had managed Halifax to a fourth place final position and knew the standard of the league and the good players- it was unfortunate that the takeover hadn’t gone through earlier. 

If it had gone through earlier our managers would have still be Sheridan and Unsworth (if shez went).

18 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Joined in January and spouts the same shite as Barry and Pete G who have both gone quiet

so so sad 

Royles wanted Unsworth. Either shez prevailed or Unsworth came in. No matter when the takeover happened.

18 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Joined in January and spouts the same shite as Barry and Pete G who have both gone quiet

so so sad 

What is sad is the tired idea that because someone has a different view they're automatically Barry or one or his stooges. 

If Frank took over the Jan before given the recruitment, no interview etc, I can't see that the outcome would have been different. Once the job was available Unsworth would have got the gig.

7 hours ago, Shrek said:

What is sad is the tired idea that because someone has a different view they're automatically Barry or one or his stooges. 

If Frank took over the Jan before given the recruitment, no interview etc, I can't see that the outcome would have been different. Once the job was available Unsworth would have got the gig.

It is strange that someone who clearly loves to post and is presumably not a new Oldham fan, didn’t join this forum and post during all the massive problems of the AL era, but does now!

It does make more sense that you were previously posting under another pseudonym. Why would you swap? Well most likely because you were getting a lot of stick PeteG.

Let's stop all the personal comments please everyone.

Anyone can post here, everyone has anonymity, we know some people have multiple accounts, we know some people move from Account A to Account B, we know some people connect their online accounts by name and others who don't.

None of it matters. Debate the point, not the person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

How can we get rid of this clueless numpty before he destroys our club??

Unfortunately, we can't unless a boycott is carried out and I think loyalty to the Rothwell's will not allow that. The board need to realise and act but we all know it isn't going to happen.

13 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Who or what  is he going to blame tonight.?....certainly not himself..  El Supremo is beyond any criticism

I know the club needed some stability but this is now beyond a joke.I really wanted him to do well. We are so lucky to have found Frank but surely a successful  business man can see this man doesn't know what he's doing.

• Like 2

Finally got the club back after the previous years, was absolutely buzzing for a season ticket and being able to watch my team again

Fast forward 6 months, and I'm having to seriously debate if I can justify another £300 outlay for next season if it's watching DU football

And I'm usually in the don't keep hiring and firing camp, so imagine what others must be feeling like

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, St92 said:

Finally got the club back after the previous years, was absolutely buzzing for a season ticket and being able to watch my team again

Fast forward 6 months, and I'm having to seriously debate if I can justify another £300 outlay for next season if it's watching DU football

And I'm usually in the don't keep hiring and firing camp, so imagine what others must be feeling like

I've noticed lots of what I can only assume as  free tickets  been handed out to increase crowd figures in the family stand.

Just now, Flemboy said:

I've noticed lots of what I can only assume as  free tickets  been handed out to increase crowd figures in the family stand.

I just hope the club are aware of the feeling regarding next year's season ticket sales now, rather than finding out when it's too late

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Dream on..they are blind to Unsworth's failings, apparently.

I've been going to Boundary park for the past 57 years. Seen good and bad, but never this bad. I'll be meeting Darren socially in a few weeks. I knew him when he was a pharmaceutical rep. I suppose his answers to my questions will be diplomatic but I can't wait to hear them.