The Pitch

its like nobody wants to start a thread about the FA Trophy!!

not going above freezing today so not sure if they will be rolling the covers back whilst the sun is high. them new covers look like they make job a million times easier. l've helped take the old ones off for a ticket a few times!!

getting this week on would actually be an achievement.

wonder if they keep that lighting rig going all nite? its still like minus 8 and its gone 10am

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I either want us to get beat on Saturday or win the whole competition. Absolutely no point at all in going out in the 6th round...

Wouldn't want us to make room in the trophy cabinet. Keep the Ford Sporting league trophy in there and let us pretend we never had the injustice of even entering it.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I either want us to get beat on Saturday or win the whole competition. Absolutely no point at all in going out in the 6th round...

If we were to win it it would go on our "honours" and highlight the fact that we were once bad enough to be in it.

Fuck that.  

I'd like us to go all out and try and win it. Fuck it I'll take it. I'll take a day out at Wembley plus its a trophy which will bond the team together and give them the genuine belief that promotion next season can happen and it will help the club go forward. Bearing in mind we have won precisely zip in the last 31 years have won 4 promotions since the end of the second world war and no major trophies ever then we are not in a position to start looking down our nose at a competition like this.

59 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd like us to go all out and try and win it. Fuck it I'll take it. I'll take a day out at Wembley plus its a trophy which will bond the team together and give them the genuine belief that promotion next season can happen and it will help the club go forward. Bearing in mind we have won precisely zip in the last 31 years have won 4 promotions since the end of the second world war and no major trophies ever then we are not in a position to start looking down our nose at a competition like this.

Fully agree. Went to watch Bromley win it last year and was a brilliant day out. The club have built massively on the success (trophy displayed in the fans bar, £97 season tickets, memorabilia etc.) and its given them a huge boost.

Guest Stanley30
5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

4 promotions since WW2? jesus christ that's pathetic 

5 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Fully agree. Went to watch Bromley win it last year and was a brilliant day out. The club have built massively on the success (trophy displayed in the fans bar, £97 season tickets, memorabilia etc.) and its given them a huge boost.

l can see how it would be a massive boost for Bromley, yes

13 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If I've got my facts right (and I probably haven't), then the FA Trophy takes priority and will need playing ASAP, which could lead to the Gateshead game being rearranged...

l want us to win the competition but l find the matches even less enticing than pre season friendlies

Archived