MATCH: Wrecsam (A) 01/04/23

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

They matter more at the higher levels, in my opinion. You disagree, not a problem.

Fine. But that isn’t your view. . 

Guy gave you Stevenage example and you said - ‘the man in dugout can’t of been a hinderance’ 

That means you accept that Evans has made a difference to their success. . .

This completely contradicts what you’ve just posted above- that managers only matter higher up. 

Genuinely- at what level do you think they start to matter then? 

3 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Christ you talk some absolute shite. 

After 20 games Gillingham had 2 wins, scored 6 goals, had 14 points and were 23rd in the league.

In 19 games since they have 9 wins, 21 goals, now have 44 points and have been as high as 17th. All with the same manager. 

Makes you think...

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

After 20 games Gillingham had 2 wins, scored 6 goals, had 14 points and were 23rd in the league.

In 19 games since they have 9 wins, 21 goals, now have 44 points and have been as high as 17th. All with the same manager. 

Makes you think...

You're saying we should've stuck with Sheridan?

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Guy gave you Stevenage example and you said - ‘the man in dugout can’t of been a hinderance’ 

This completely contradicts what you’ve just posted above- that managers only matter higher up. 

pretend we are in an alley. you two just had a straightner and lm the 'ref'

'stop. leave him, he's had enough et cetera' 

*drags backwards*

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If my eyes are right after 35 games last season they had 34 points, this season 66.

If he has improved the results that much singlehandedly then he is clearly a genius.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If my eyes are right after 35 games last season they had 34 points, this season 66.

If he has improved the results that much singlehandedly then he is clearly a genius.

Fine. So he’s in league two and you seem to accept he’s made a difference. 

As I’m sure you’re aware - as a football connoisseur, league two is one division higher than us. 

So it is just our league where managers don’t matter? 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Fine. So he’s in league two and you seem to accept he’s made a difference. 

As I’m sure you’re aware - as a football connoisseur, league two is one division higher than us. 

So it is just our league where managers don’t matter? 

They matter, just not to the degree people seem to think. In my opinion.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

It really isn’t.

Phil Parkinson would have this squad in the top 10 no question. 

Which equates to 5 places higher & 9 points more….Wow!!!

and we’d still be 44points behind Wrexham.😂😂

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Which equates to 5 places higher & 9 points more….Wow!!!

and we’d still be 44points behind Wrexham.😂😂

No fair minded fan expected to win the league, hence I didn’t say that. But we could and should be doing better, and another manager would have top ten - which this season would be acceptable, and a decent place to build from. 

Also, seeing as though 9 points less would have us in the relegation places, I’m not sure why you’re so dismissive of being in a better place. 

38 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Makes you think...

It makes me think that perhaps those who say you talk shite might have a point. Sorry but it is looking that way.

4 minutes ago, redlion said:

It makes me think that perhaps those who say you talk shite might have a point. Sorry but it is looking that way.

But this is a prime example of recruiting better players bringing about improvement in results...

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Begs the question if they are actually better players then...

The top scorers from two separate clubs. A two time player of the season for the entire division. Two or three other players who have been starters in sides promoted out of the division. Hmm yes, I'm sure it has nothing to do with management 

24 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Begs the question if they are actually better players then...

In our case they might be a little better or a little less shite but nowhere near good enough to take us forward!

Yesterday we really only had one player who looked relatively comfortable in possession, but it doesn’t help when you have no players looking for space or moving off the ball.

Wrexham like Notts Co have a team full with both attributes!

These 8 or 9 additions Unsworth is targeting had better improve the team not just the squad!!

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

It is only worth noting by those desperate to spin the narrative that Sheri was doing a good job...

Sheridan was/is a far better manager than Unsworth - absolutely no doubt about that. 

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

wrexham 'lads' gettin banged out by little girls and normal scarf n shirt types on buses after attacking wheelchairs bc they dared to be painted blue just sums up the day and the whole place for me, really

Really? - horrible fuckin' cowards.

Archived