MATCH: Wrecsam (A) 01/04/23

17 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Keep banging that same drum ffs. Tell us again how Leutweiler should be played upfront because he's tall and because Ian Marshall

It's true though, yet our Dave refuses to do the obvious switch. Perhaps he has taken exception to BP like you have ?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, redlion said:

It's true though, yet our Dave refuses to do the obvious switch. Perhaps he has taken exception to BP like you have ?

His exception is gratefully accepted.

I'll continue to post as I see it though despite what Mc F says.

As for DU he hasn't ever contacted me despite passing on many recommendations. Not bothered though as the contact I have follows up anyway.

37 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

So Sheridan wasn't doing a good job, but he should've been kept on and allowed to bring in better players?

He wasn't doing a particularly good job with the players he had, he probably would have done better with superior ones.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Remember how vulnerable we were with 2 slow CBs. Now add another in and see how that goes

Ok I give in. Let's carry on playing your way. It's working so well. No more arguments from me.

The point is that disrupting your central defence, taking the only player quick enough to cover his pedestrian partner, to play him at full back is daft when the young stand in is doing an adequate job.

It's only when we ask Sutton to play wing back that he struggles.

So don't play wing backs as we haven't one, at least not on our right.  

11 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The point is that disrupting your central defence, taking the only player quick enough to cover his pedestrian partner, to play him at full back is daft when the young stand in is doing an adequate job.

It's only when we ask Sutton to play wing back that he struggles.

So don't play wing backs as we haven't one, at least not on our right.  

May I point out we conceded 5 goals?

10 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Against the top of the league and we played 3 5 2/5 3 2 which I said doesn't suit as we don't have those players.

My point still stands.

Bet DU changes it .

York winning tonight.

Another team below us 10 mins away from 3 points 

Don't understand why everyone thinks we're safe with our last 5 games form when everyone else is picking up a bit

9 minutes ago, St92 said:

York winning tonight.

Don't understand why everyone thinks we're safe with our last 5 games form when everyone else is picking up a bit

Same here.We are not safe until we are mathamatically clear of relegation which is still far from certain with this seasons inconsistant performances 

14 minutes ago, St92 said:

York winning tonight.

Yeovil play Gateshead, Aldershot and Dorking next 3 games, the 3 teams directly above them, whilst it means they can't all win, the other 3 are close enough to us to cause us a problem so if Yeovil were to win 2 out of the 3 and we don't pick up a win in the next 2 it will be panic stations, especially as we have to go to Yeovil. Can't believe it will come to that but it's not a foregone conclusion we are safe just yet.

I’m not sure 46 points will be enough and think we’ll probably need another win and a draw. We could put it to bed with our next 2 games but we never do things easy here….a couple of defeats over Easter would put us under enormous pressure!!

We went to Scunthorpe under similar circumstances last season, won the game but still went down, lets hope history doesn’t repeat itself!!

22 hours ago, PeteG said:

Yeovil play Gateshead, Aldershot and Dorking next 3 games, the 3 teams directly above them, whilst it means they can't all win, the other 3 are close enough to us to cause us a problem so if Yeovil were to win 2 out of the 3 and we don't pick up a win in the next 2 it will be panic stations, especially as we have to go to Yeovil. Can't believe it will come to that but it's not a foregone conclusion we are safe just yet.

Do we want Gateshead or Yeovil to win tonight? Would suggest better if Gateshead?

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Gateshead strike me as being a really decent side, surprised at where they are in the table.

Conteh who looks a very decent prospect at this level hasn't been with them all season. They also signed Castro on loan (both from Middlesbrough) in January. Castro had been at Notts County

Their squad is wafer thin too. Could only name 4 players on their bench for their FA Trophy semi on Saturday one of whom was a player from their academy making his first appearance in a squad.

12 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Conteh who looks a very decent prospect at this level hasn't been with them all season. They also signed Castro on loan (both from Middlesbrough) in January. Castro had been at Notts County

Their squad is wafer thin too. Could only name 4 players on their bench for their FA Trophy semi on Saturday one of whom was a player from their academy making his first appearance in a squad.

Whereas we haven't a bench long enough for 20 B team players.

13 hours ago, rudemedic said:

When we played them at home in the league they only had three subs, and one of them was their manager. If we ever do bin Unsworth off (not that I think we will), he’d be top of my list to bring in.

Archived