MATCH: Wrecsam (A) 01/04/23

3 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Total bloody shambles. Embarrassing. 

Only Rooney and Hogan deserve credit. 

The rest want to look at themselves in the mirror and feel ashamed. As for Unsworth  words fail me apart from inept,clueless and disappointing.Keeper was rubbish.With his height he should have prevented two goals.Hope Frank was there to see and feel how our fans were humiliated by a far better team with strength all over the pitch.Mullin and Lee were outstanding for them.Their class showed and i hope our players reflect on their shortcomings.

This season cant end soon enough when we need a complete overall of who we keep or try to offload and its a shame Unsworth cant be shown the door..

To lose without putting up a fight is one thing that I can't tolerate.I feel sorry for our fans but mainly for Frank.

Not really a shambles is it, you just have to accept that their spending power means they are basically a League 1 team operating two divisions lower.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are a team who have in the main stumbled and scraped points as best we could through the season but any real promise has been absent . Extremely disappointing. This rebuild doesn’t seem to have got beyond the basic foundations despite having a full season to at least get things in place. 

One of the things I’ve noticed in the last couple of months is an increase in intensity and work rate. Sounds like that was missing today. 

So are we saying that Unsworth deliberately sent them out to drop their intensity and work rate?

If not then the players must take responsibility. And maybe it explains why only a few days ago Unsworth was talking about 9 new signings over the summer. 

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

One of the things I’ve noticed in the last couple of months is an increase in intensity and work rate. Sounds like that was missing today. 

So are we saying that Unsworth deliberately sent them out to drop their intensity and work rate?

If not then the players must take responsibility. And maybe it explains why only a few days ago Unsworth was talking about 9 new signings over the summer. 

In all honesty, I think they were defeated before they even kicked the ball in the belief they couldn't even compete against Wrexham. Appalling if true, as other teams have given them a tough match, so no reason why Latics could not do the same.

I think we saw the stark reality of Unsworth's mind-set today and that is rather worrying.

In our lowest league this was a new low.

The manager and players should have treated this as a cup tie and had a go, but went ultra defensive and everyone knew what the outcome would be.

The manager and his coaches need  to get it in their heads this defensive mentally  has to change or they will be changed.

Season ticket sales will be a shock for Frank as fans aren't stupid, despite all the razzmatazz they see what they see and his rallying calls won't work anymore.

Its a shame he's been let down after saving the club from oblivion, he gave us hope now it's hopeless.

At this rate Macclesfield will overtake us in a few years time with their policy of fast exciting football and I can tell you some of their players now are far better than ours.

One I recommended in particular will eventually play in the Championship, how many of ours can you say that about?

Rant over, I didn't think it would be such a depressing season after the club was saved.

48 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not really a shambles is it, you just have to accept that their spending power means they are basically a League 1 team operating two divisions lower.

Yet If both both them and Notts County are gone next season, we’ll be the biggest club with presumably the biggest budget, but plenty seem to think we should be happy if we’re scrambling around for 7th place 

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Anyone know of our fans reaction at the end?

Meh! 

Literally meh! A lot of indifference from about 400 who stayed until the final whistle.

I saw more fight on a bus than I did on the football pitch a few hundred yards away.

16 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Yet If both both them and Notts County are gone next season, we’ll be the biggest club with presumably the biggest budget, but plenty seem to think we should be happy if we’re scrambling around for 7th place 

7th?
You'll be lucky with the incompetent in charge. :D 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Imo it was a shambles. Did you go?

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

When you step back from the result, it’s nothing to do with today. 

It’s underlying nagging feeling we just won’t do anything with him.

Have a listen to his post match comments.

Pathetic and as usual no blame for himself.Teflonman.

Didn't bother to watch the game today, the writing was on the wall after the midweek game at Wealdstone, where we got terrorised in that spell after half time.

I would imagine any manager watching that 10 minute spell would have thought that is how we play against Oldham, this team can't cope with an opposing team passing and moving the ball quickly.

It was obvious that we would set up sitting deep with an extra defender, although it did not matter, the players are not good enough, you can play whatever formation you like with this lot, it won't end well against a team like Wrexham, I'm guessing it was a similar game to the one at Notts County?

Finding 8-9 decent players for next season is a must, hoping they all gel quickly might be the issue, there is a lot of dead wood in the current squad which needs to be cut away.

12 minutes ago, Red Adair said:

Most of them left well before the the end tbh.

I watched it all and I've said my thoughts on here already.Mullins and Lee were superb 

Also I want to thank Kerry Evans who arranged for seating in the disabled section and the excellent stewarding.

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I know they're a decent side, but christ almighty that was absolutely diabolical...

An utter shambles from minute 1-94. Rooney tried to get involved in the game, but too many lightweight bottle jobs around him to allow him to have any influence. Nuttall won most of his headers until about the 20th minute - after that, he might as well have been stood with me in the stand. Peter Clarke put in a performance that should see him retire at the end of the season, Kitching was uncharacteristically bad, Chapman was his anonymous self and there's a strong argument that Fondop should never play for the club again after doing that again, just weeks after the Halifax game.

Unsworth's use of Will Sutton is a sackable offence. He's done OK at full back, but is like a fish out of water as a wing back. Yet the manager plays him there time and time again, making him look a much poorer player than he is.

Wrexham were good, really good in fact, but we didn't even try and lay a glove on them. We sat off and allowed them so much time on the ball. The chance to sack Unsworth has gone - I reckon he'd have gone if we had a bad afternoon at Chesterfield in February- but he needs a strong start next season and by a strong start I'm talking 15 games unbeaten and cemented in the top 2...

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

How many times?

We were 14th with awful players. 

We are 15th with big investment. 

It. Is. Not. The. Players. 

What big investment? One player signed for decent money, a few castoffs and a handful of loan signings.

Norman

Clarke

Sheron

Carragher

Cooper

Roberts 

Okagbue 

Rooney

Stobbs

Tollitt

Fondop

What big investment? One player signed for decent money, a few castoffs and a handful of loan signings.

In Unsworths first game we started with 2 from yesterday (and I think he brought Rooney in that week) so at least 9 new faces, some absolute donkies in that eleven but 6 months later we appear to have no plan, any sort of shape and we are still blaming everyone and everything for Unsworths shortcomings, we've gone backwards and are God awful to watch, all this building for next season is bullshit because he's got a handful of loan players there who are a disgrace and shouldn't even be getting game time.

It worries me massively that everyone is happy to accept him fucking next season up already because guess what in October when he does get fucked off we will be saying exactly the same again it will be just copy and paste. I wouldn't trust him nor the other two herberts by his side who have about as much enthusiasm as a slug.

Some of our fans need to stop making excuses for this chump as does his pal the CEO because we deserve better than some Billy bullshitter with no self awareness derailing what should be a new start for the club, it's not the David Unsworth show like he'd have you believe.

That's his team yesterday, he's had 6 months on the training ground with them and they were spineless, gutless and clueless you cannot dress up any other way, get rid of the clown now and give the new guy a chance at next season.

So Nuttall (who I assume you're referring to as the "decent money" signing), Rooney (Player of the Year from this league twice), Reid (who had scored a few for Solihull) and a load of others, cast off and loans or not.

It's not Wrexham levels of investment, granted but it's more than most teams in this division and certainly more than Shez had.

I left at 3-1 yesterday.  The game was done long before then.  I want "Typical Latics" to be having a go whoever the opposition are.  Unsworth doesn't get that.  I remain sceptical about how much of a mark the "run" we've had is an indication of progress.  We don't seem much better than the side Shez cobbled together and it's boring to watch and predictable.

Archived