Peter Clarke

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I thought the vaccine was introduced to reduce the chances of being admitted to intensive care, not negating the virus.

Not what was said at first

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yeah I know but that's just boring old facts isn't it. Its just not as interesting as a story about it all being a big hoax to make profits for big pharma and the whole world being run by the lizard people. For God sake do you not watch YouTube. Wake up.Sheeple!

Can't imagine why anyone would think pharmaceutical companies are in it purely to make profit. Not like they don't have to recall hundreds of drugs per year and been fined multimillion for damages caused is it?

On 4/18/2023 at 4:31 AM, mcfluff1985 said:

Not a provable thing

Plenty of vaccines that do a great job. That one was a crock of shit, over hyped by companies wanting to make billions and lapped up by terrified people and governments 

The definitive Y2K vaccine?

On 4/13/2023 at 9:37 PM, welshgaz said:

I wanted to start a new thread about the great man as we come towards the end of this season.

I’ve spoke to many fellow fans who feel he won’t be here next season and he has been a bit part player of late as he doesn’t get in ahead of Hogan. 

I still feel he has a lot to offer at this level and would like to see him under contract for next season. However, I don’t think he’d accept being a squad player and there will be plenty of takers at conference level who would take him. 

A legend of the game and certainly a legend at our club after he virtually single handedly kept us up in league one a few years back. I’d like to know his intentions for next season as if he was retiring, a guard of honour at the last game would be a great way to send him off. We often talk about players coming and going and struggling to have an affiliation with players. I’m sure we can all agree, whatever your opinion on his current capabilities that the the term legend isn’t too far off for Clarkey.

A similar 'thank you' to Peter Clarke on club website.

"True club legends are a rare and hugely precious breed in professional football."

"It is therefore with an enormous sense of gratitude that Oldham Athletic pays thanks to Peter Clarke as his time at Boundary Park comes to an end at the conclusion of the current season."

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2023/april/27042023-peter-clarke/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LaticMark said:

A similar 'thank you' to Peter Clarke on club website.

"True club legends are a rare and hugely precious breed in professional football."

"It is therefore with an enormous sense of gratitude that Oldham Athletic pays thanks to Peter Clarke as his time at Boundary Park comes to an end at the conclusion of the current season."

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2023/april/27042023-peter-clarke/

Nice tribute and I shall go along to express my thanks to him. Also give me chance to see how we are performing under DU now, having been a detractor from the early days and having given up going for a while because I`ve been bored stiff with the football.

Peter Clarke will always be remembered  by me as someone who played with pride for our club.

Some great backs to the wall games but none more so that the Chesterfield  game  with his last gasp header which led to fans falling over the fence to celebrate 🍾

My best wishes to him tomorrow and hope he comes back to BP in some capacity with all his  experience 

• Like 8

His confidence apparently took a hit at the Junior Latics bowling thing... A poster on here told him he was his lad's favourite player because he was "always warming up in front of him". 

As close to a legend who we've had in the last few years. Hope he gets on the pitch Saturday. It's a meaningless game over-all. Room for a bit of sentimentality in my view.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

His confidence apparently took a hit at the Junior Latics bowling thing... A poster on here told him he was his lad's favourite player because he was "always warming up in front of him". 

As close to a legend who we've had in the last few years. Hope he gets on the pitch Saturday. It's a meaningless game over-all. Room for a bit of sentimentality in my view.

Would be great for our fans if Unsworth did.Even better if Clarkey scored the winner with a header right at the end!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, latics22 said:

Everyone is talking like he’s retiring coaching staff players etc.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

funny isnt it. especially after he has spent decades saying he won't be a coach!! #TypicalLatics

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

That's the impression I got from Unsworth's tribute.

Peter Clarke is reportedly moving into a role connected to a role he has had for a few years. He is apparently not moving into coaching as a result.

I've been tipped off but not sure how much the person who tipped me off wants it known.

25 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Peter Clarke is reportedly moving into a role connected to a role he has had for a few years. He is apparently not moving into coaching as a result.

I've been tipped off but not sure how much the person who tipped me off wants it known.

PFA ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Bit late for that, you've just told everyone 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

its ok we all know!!!