Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

8 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Couple of mentions of this guy on twitter, although he was linked with clubs in the championship & league 1 a few weeks ago so I've no idea where his names come from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennai_Watson

After yesterday we'd struggle to attract Connor Brown back never mind players linked with Championship clubs.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Any rumours regarding a new goalkeeper?

No but I think Hudson will be challenging for the No 1 spot, Norman doesn't look himself at the minute and was on his heels for the 2nd and 3rd goals yesterday. Hudson was the better of the two in pre season and looks like he wants it more.

4 minutes ago, Charles or Eddie said:

How?

The clue was in 'looks like', it's my opinion.

Mannerisms for a start, Hudson has grown since last season in stature, good talker, he can play a bit as well, made some great saves pre season against the pub teams whereas Norman just hasn't looked the same. I was one of Norman's biggest fans and have defended relentlessly on here as some dont rate him but Hudson is pushing for a start.

2 hours ago, mick26 said:

Sounds like he's a centre back who can play right back 🥴.

Started out as a striker at Leeds, moved to centre back, then centre mid at City and finally "settled" at right back, according to Wiki. Take from that what you will, if signed, Unsy will probably put him between the sticks.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

The clue was in 'looks like', it's my opinion.

Mannerisms for a start, Hudson has grown since last season in stature, good talker, he can play a bit as well, made some great saves pre season against the pub teams whereas Norman just hasn't looked the same. I was one of Norman's biggest fans and have defended relentlessly on here as some dont rate him but Hudson is pushing for a start.

Looks like you're chatting shit. Just an opinion.

Norman is perfectly fine for a team chasing promotion. You know shit all about which wants it more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Started out as a striker at Leeds, moved to centre back, then centre mid at City and finally "settled" at right back, according to Wiki. Take from that what you will, if signed, Unsy will probably put him between the sticks.

Do we want yet another centre back who has been moved to right back?

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Do we want yet another centre back who has been moved to right back?

Probably not, BP and I have no idea how long he has been playing in the RB position, possibly long enough to be competent and better than our current options, although that is not a hard task, given the inept display yesterday.

If you watched the pre season friendliest you would have seen Hudson make some brilliant saves,was very vocal with his defence and his distribution was excellent.But what do I know I just talk shite.Norman on that display is about ten leagues above his level.Seems never to be ready for a shot from outside the box.

32 minutes ago, Le miserable1 said:

If you watched the pre season friendliest you would have seen Hudson make some brilliant saves,was very vocal with his defence and his distribution was excellent.But what do I know I just talk shite.Norman on that display is about ten leagues above his level.Seems never to be ready for a shot from outside the box.

You're not talking shite, it's your opinion and I'm sure many others will agree with you. Goalkeepers can be prone to being caught out by the flight of the ball with a shot from distance but Norman seems to fall foul of it on a very regular basis. 

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Looks like you're chatting shit. Just an opinion.

Norman is perfectly fine for a team chasing promotion. You know shit all about which wants it more

You are more than entitled to your opinion, it makes a refreshing change from you being the village apologist. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Norman is dodgy from long distance, but lve got that as his only real flaw and something that is easily rectified so should have been addressed already.

Maybe its a long distance eyesight problem?

Not sure Norman can be blamed for any of the goals in all honesty, could he have done better? possibly, but they were hardly howlers. He's an average NL keeper, but if your midfield and defence back off as much as we did yesterday and invite the opposition to get within shooting range unchallenged and still don't pressure the ball once they are around the edge of the box you are asking for trouble regardless of who is in goal. Norman isn't our biggest issue by a long way, the tactics of backing off and the midfield in general is.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe its a long distance eyesight problem?

there will be a point where the ball is suddenly closer than he thought, its not actually that big a thing in modern sport. theres kids now playin in net with glasses on, they can't do that at pro level and contact lenses arent an exact science.

theres so many Humans playin so many sports there's stuff like this all over the place.

13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

there will be a point where the ball is suddenly closer than he thought, its not actually that big a thing in modern sport. theres kids now playin in net with glasses on, they can't do that at pro level and contact lenses arent an exact science.

theres so many Humans playin so many sports there's stuff like this all over the place.

Thing is, once that knowledge is out there, shooting at distance will be a strategy adopted by opponents. Mind you, if they didn't keep getting the opportunity presented in the first place...

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You mean refusing to be a negative, moany little unhappy bitch all the time? 

It's a forum.
It's all about opinions.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

thats how easy it is, prevention over cure and all that. however our no pass no tackle back off game is rather suicidal

That's the 'Rabbit-in-the-headlights' strategy.

• Like 1