Message added by Matt,
  • Hyde United (A) Saturday 8 July, 3pm
  • Southport (A)- Saturday 15 July, 3pm
  • Chorley (A) - Tuesday 18 July, 7:45pm
  • Curzon Ashton (A) - Saturday 22 July, 3pm
  • Barrow (A) - Tuesday 25 July, 7:45pm
  • Mansfield Town (H) - Saturday 29 July, 3pm

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

single figure days until we can attend a match!!

I usually go to a maximum of 2 friendlies as generally not the best, but for some reason i’m buzzing to start going again, so i’m currently looking to attend all but Chorley as i’m away. 

• Like 1

in less than a week we will have played one friendly so we will be able to confidently judge and write off at least one new player, know for a FACT that the formation won't work and that if this shit carries on then attendances will fall off a cliff😎

• Like 6

On 7/2/2023 at 8:59 AM, Monty Burns said:

in less than a week we will have played one friendly so we will be able to confidently judge and write off at least one new player, know for a FACT that the formation won't work and that if this shit carries on then attendances will fall off a cliff😎

And a trialist who plays so well he will sign for another club.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

And a trialist who plays so well he will sign for another club.

🤣

l was recently saying it will be weird starting pre season without everybody playing for themselves and a contract.

we might even use our actual kit with names and squad numbers on it!!!

or am l jus gettin carried away again?

1 minute ago, kev1970 said:

Noticed on the Southport Web site this morning that no alcohol being sold in the ground tomorrow going to upset a few making a day if it.

What a stupid decision

57 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Noticed on the Southport Web site this morning that no alcohol being sold in the ground tomorrow going to upset a few making a day if it.

There’s a bar next to the home supporters turnstiles which is away fan friendly, plus the Thatch & Thistle and Richmond pubs which are both a 5-10 minute walk to the ground for those wanting pre-match sups.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rosa said:

From the statement it doesn't look like Southport are happy about it. I guess Merseyside Police aren't used to dealing with fans from big clubs like ours. 

I get why on occasion the police get involved with specific games and kick off times and not allowing beer etc, but it’s getting ridiculous how much of a say they are getting these days. Southport will lose a fortune not serving beer to 800+ away fans. They cannot be expecting any trouble in a low key fixture like this surely? Lets be honest, majority of fans are only going for the day out with their mates and not too arsed about the actual game. Wouldn’t surprise me if a fair few don’t bother going in the ground now. Some might say, it’s only 2 hours out of the day and it’s no issue, but it’s not the point, it’s the fact the decision has been taken away from you.

Saying all that, i’m driving so not bothered 😂

• Like 1