• 2nd or 3rd, and go up through the playoffs
    • 2nd or 3rd but lose out in the playoffs
    • 4th-7th, and go up through the playoffs
    • 4th-7th but lose out in the playoffs
    • 8th-12th
    • 13th-20th
    • Bottom 4

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

That’ll please the Unsworth outers and confirms he’ll take the blame if the shit hits the fan!!😆😆

Of which- you were one of the biggest  when he couldn’t win a game. Then like so many suddenly got amnesia when he turned the form around. 

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Their numbers are dwindling now - the few who remain are careful to add the phrase “I hope I’m wrong” at the end of their posts… 🙄

They dwindled when he started winning- because results dictate. They’ll be back in force if he struggles- because results dictate. 

Edited by League one forever

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Of which- you were one of the biggest  when he couldn’t win a game. Then like so many suddenly became enlightened when he turned the form around. 

I criticised him, absolutely, but was never an outer!!

Playing devils advocate here but .... He certainly has the backing of the board, he has said his budget is fair but he has used it to good effect (on paper). We have yet to utilise the loan market and that is good news and we have a core of players locked in to the next two seasons. Thats pretty much how a well run operates, we just have not had it for such a long time. One of my children has never seen even a playoff game live let alone a promotion but he has seen doom and gloom and a relegation or two chucked in. This season he may get to see the team challenge for the the top three, if the season ends and we dont go up, so what, the players will still be here and we wont be rebuilding most of a team and there is an extra place up for grabs (reportedly) next season. We will all still be here having the same debates next season, lets not be our own worst enemies as supporters this season ... not singling out, but suppoerting all the players. Youve seen the FB ost of what the players see on their way out onto the pitch ...... then look at the grounds and surroundings of the other teams, we can make it a fortress again.

• Like 2

I think the top 4 will be Chesterfield, Oldham, York and Hartlepool (not sure in what order), with maybe Woking, Boreham Wood and Dale making up the next 3.

Not sure how much better Chesterfield are than us, but the game on 19/8 should give us an early steer on where we are, and if we need to strengthen further to compete with them. My guess would be a win for them by the odd goal as they probably have a stronger and more settled starting 11 than us.

Up until 24th Jan last season they were flying....winning 16 drawing 4 and losing 4 of their first 24 games (100 pts form), and were right up there with Wrexham and Notts County, before for some reason they didn't win for 9 games which put pay to their automatic promotion hopes.

I'd say 5/2 favourites is about right and 9 or 10/1 about right for us.

I'd also be more than happy with a solid top 4 spot and a play off final win dicking Rochdale!! 😀

Edited by Londonboy

48 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I think the top 4 will be Chesterfield, Oldham, York and Hartlepool (not sure in what order), with maybe Woking, Boreham Wood and Dale making up the next 3.

Not sure how much better Chesterfield are than us, but the game on 19/8 should give us an early steer on where we are, and if we need to strengthen further to compete with them. My guess would be a win for them by the odd goal as they probably have a stronger and more settled starting 11 than us.

Up until 24th Jan last season they were flying....winning 16 drawing 4 and losing 4 of their first 24 games (100 pts form), and were right up there with Wrexham and Notts County, before for some reason they didn't win for 9 games which put pay to their automatic promotion hopes.

I'd say 5/2 favourites is about right and 9 or 10/1 about right for us.

I'd also be more than happy with a solid top 4 spot and a play off final win dicking Rochdale!! 😀

Feels right that Chesterfield are favourites but it doesn't feel right that we are four times the price - so I have backed us accordingly

16 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Don't you hope you're wrong?

1The fact that I have backed us accordingly suggest that I think we have a decent chance of overturning them.  I don't go in for boasting about how much for but by my personal standards it's a decent punt, mostly at 11/1.  The last time I backed us to win a league was in 1991.

• Like 3

I think we will be in the mix. Do I have any confidence in unsworth nope 0. He will play dull football and try and grab a victory after sitting back. Do I have a problem with that ? Not if we get promoted. Should we yes! He has been backed to the hilt! People say he sounds relaxed of course he is relaxed ! It’s pre season. He won’t be so relaxed if we start badly. People say on here fans will turn on him if we do badly, that isn’t exclusive to unsworth. It’s most manager’s who haven’t earned time which he hasn’t, will he ever grow on me no he’s not for me .As for nutall he won’t score more than 12!  (Including pens)Fondop is the man! He’s already an oldham legend ! What a guy.

17 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I think we will be in the mix. Do I have any confidence in unsworth nope 0. He will play dull football and try and grab a victory after sitting back. Do I have a problem with that ? Not if we get promoted. Should we yes! He has been backed to the hilt! People say he sounds relaxed of course he is relaxed ! It’s pre season. He won’t be so relaxed if we start badly. People say on here fans will turn on him if we do badly, that isn’t exclusive to unsworth. It’s most manager’s who haven’t earned time which he hasn’t, will he ever grow on me no he’s not for me .As for nutall he won’t score more than 12!  (Including pens)Fondop is the man! He’s already an oldham legend ! What a guy.

What makes you think Nuttall will score at least 4 less goals than last season in a better team? Just curious.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

youve quoted yourself!!

is this what you hoped l'd say? 😘

welcome back. don't fuck about, don't find out.

What ever u say or think I have no beef with you! Be nice to draw a line u under it were both older! Truce? Love you 😘 

hey its interesting we can see who has voted for what. lno it was promised in the post but l just assumed my phone couldnt handle it bc it never could before.

don't want to blow my own trumpet twice in a week but from a cold analytical standpoint seeing my name in a lower occupied future projection is not historically good in terms of dealing with it actually happening.

however, massively on the flip side, l have previously stated my admiration for Dave_og's gambling built lavish pile in the country and he says Champions so       🗣lets fuckin 'ave ittttttt 🥇🏆🥃🍷🥂🍻🍺🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

Edited by Monty Burns
wanted the shouty face to look like it was talking

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

hey its interesting we can see who has voted for what. lno it was promised in the post but l just assumed my phone couldnt handle it bc it never could before.

don't want to blow my own trumpet twice in a week but from a cold analytical standpoint seeing my name in a lower occupied future projection is not historically good in terms of dealing with it actually happening.

however, massively on the flip side, l have previously stated my admiration for Dave_og's gambling built lavish pile in the country and he says Champions so       🗣lets fuckin 'ave ittttttt 🥇🏆🥃🍷🥂🍻🍺🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

Planning to top up the punt later.  Or do I mean the pool?  So confusing.